Celebration Anaheim: Art

Reaction score
I claim Spence's #54! B)

Curious to see how much artwork will show SW VII.

Hope Vanderstelt gives us a new ANH print to match the other two.

Also, preorders as have been done are GREATLY appreciated!

Reaction score
I am very interested in seeing some Landscape art, something similar to Ralph McQuarrie paintings or something like 'Recon Team Endor' by Malcolm Tween. Those are things I would really like to see at C:Anaheim.

Reaction score
I claim Spence's #54! B)

Curious to see how much artwork will show SW VII.

Hope Vanderstelt gives us a new ANH print to match the other two.

Also, preorders as have been done are GREATLY appreciated!
Agree with the preorder system from CVI, not CV!!

My List for CVII is:
Tom Hodges(Since he lives in the area him being there is prob a no brainer. I'd love to see something relating to his Dream Park, maybe more attraction posters!)
SB3(Great fun prints)
Shea Standefer(She lives in SD, so she hopefully will get approved!)
Chris Trevas(DUH!!)
Jerry Vanderstelt(Double DUH!!)
Katie Cook
Tim Proctor
Brian Rood(Ive never gotten anything of his, but his work is so good!)
Catt Staggs(More propaganda prints are good!)
Mark McHaley
Jeff Confer(Did a great Boba piece)
Beck Seashols(She'd be a great compliment to Katie Cook's cutesy SW)
Charles Hall(He does masterpieces on sketch cards, would love to see what he could do on a print! Probably a long shot)

Reaction score
it will be interesting to see how much footage is released far enough ahead of time for the artists to do any good Ep 7 artwork

Reaction score
My guess is we'll see a trailer at SDCC or D23 next year and at least one more at the beginning of 2015.

Reaction score
The artist alley was one of my absolute favorite venues at CIII and CIV. Subsequent Celebrations have had some great prints, but unfortunately these same Celebrations have also been plagued with far too many mediocre, or outright poor, contributions. With so much lead time before SWCA, I would love to see LFL engage artists sooner. With adequate planning, there's no reason artists couldn't be given reasonable lead time to create pieces for consideration. To clarify, these would be finalized pieces, not rough concept pieces that have been "phoned in", given approval, and then are finished at the last minute. The top submission could be approved and the inadequate pieces rejected. While the poor prints make our favorite artists look that much better by comparison, these poor prints bring down the overall quality of the artist alley. The process should be respectful of the artists and aim to increase the overall quality of the show.

Reaction score
Might be a shot in the dark but curious as to how many artists will do Episode VII inspired prints?

Reaction score
I am think the SDCC prediction was right on. I think they will do a presentation there and release a major trailer.

Reaction score
Would love to see Clark again. There's several artists I would love to see, and also a short 'wishlist' that would make my weekend.

Reaction score
Per Facebook, Tom Hodges has said he will not be submitting anything for Celebration! I'm sure Tom will offer up some great prints leading up to the show.

Reaction score
Per Facebook, Tom Hodges has said he will not be submitting anything for Celebration! I'm sure Tom will offer up some great prints leading up to the show.
Mark Raats also wrote on Tom's Facebook post that if he goes he's not going as an artist either but just as a fan like Tom.

Reaction score
Yeah Tom will still be there as a fan. He keeps himself pretty busy and if you HAVE to have something from him...commission him. Think he said he'd do some panels if asked.

Reaction score
Bumping this as artists are being notified on making it to the next round for their Celebration commissions. Artists Ive heard receiving the good news are Spencer, Tim Proctor, Stephanie Swanger, Joe Hogan, Shea Standefer, etc. Congrats!

Reaction score
Bumping this as artists are being notified on making it to the next round for their Celebration commissions. Artists Ive heard receiving the good news are Spencer, Tim Proctor, Stephanie Swanger, Joe Hogan, Shea Standefer, etc. Congrats!
Spencer Brinkerhoff as well !

Reaction score
Wow! There are some big time artist on the list.

I'll have to build a wall in my house just to display, what I suspect, will be fantastic offerings.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Some pretty strong artists didn't make the list.
Sucks Spencer and Tim Proctor didn't make the cut.

My Must have regardless the design/concept list:
Trevas
Vanderstelt
Katie Cook

Artists I'll get because I like to support their work:
Shea
Joe Corroney
Staggs(depending on the theme)

Newcomer who I want to support:
Chris Dee

Also anything else that may jump out....

And I'm throwing this out there now, I'll need help getting these as I don't think I'll be able to attend....:(

Reaction score
I think it's a GREAT list of artists, a few surprises and newcomers. Great to see Alex Ross in the mix.

Reaction score
I was really surprised Dorman didn't make the list. His submission was nice. Alison Sohn and Jamie Snell didn't either.

Reaction score
So on FB Jessica Hickman has said she has to pull out of Celebration. She posted her rough print so you can look her up and see what it looked like.

Reaction score
So on FB Jessica Hickman has said she has to pull out of Celebration. She posted her rough print so you can look her up and see what it looked like.
After hearing some of the rumblings about ACME and this show, doesn't surprise me. :hmm:

Last edited:
Reaction score
The piece by Jessica Hickman looked like it had lots of potential to do great things at the show. Too bad.

Maybe this frees up the slot for another artist?

ACME is to Star Wars art to what gentle Giant is to Star Wars High End collecting.

Where have all of our Collecting Heroes gone?