Celebration 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've only been to 2 celebrations so far, LA and FL. I enjoyed both of them, but planned CV much better. Since I actually scheduled time for the theme parks.

I flew to both locations and didn't have a car. For me FL wins hands down. Much cheaper and nicer hotel, shorter flight, lots more to do after show (Disney, Universal, Sea World, Space Center, etc), more dining options close by.

The pluses for LA were the beautiful weather and the fact that the con was 5 days long.

I'd love to see a NY show, since it's close to me. But for most people costs would be similar to LA. NY does have a much better mass transit system and tons more to do.

As long as CVI is somewhere in the US or Canada, I'll be there. Nothing against international locations, but it's just too much extra cost. If I'm going ot Europe, I want a chance to see the country, since I've never been there. So, I'd be looking at a two week vacation.

After doing my second celebration, I've discovered that staying an extra 2 or 3 days is worth it to take in some of the other sites. So locations that have other attractions are a definite perk.

Reaction score
I chose Orlando in the summer for CVI in the survey they sent out. Hotel rates were great. I paid $69 a night @ the Wyndham Resort. I was a mile from the convention center, right down the street from Universal, 20 minutes from Disney World, restaurants galore, mini golf, etc. I even met up with some friends I haven't seen in ages. I can't wait for CVI

Status
Not open for further replies.