Celebration 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
rewster said:
I would obviously love to see all you guys return with CVI here in Orlando --- but just to let you know, May is hot here also lol... Admittedly not QUITE as brutal as August, but only about a 3 degree average daily difference.
It's hot in Central Florida from May on til well...it's still hot RIGHT NOW...lol. BUT I don't think it was that bad to what people expected. Was it hot at Disney the night of the Endor event? Yes. But people still had a good time.

Many Celebration Vets who spend the nights and many hours in lines kept echoing the same thing to me *the outside weather didn't matter because it was neutralized by the fact everything was inside* including the lineups. For those complaining that it was too hot, I mean really, dress lighter, carry extra icewater, and maybe just 'get over it'.

Reaction score
TheSithCalls said:
Many Celebration Vets who spend the nights and many hours in lines kept echoing the same thing to me *the outside weather didn't matter because it was neutralized by the fact everything was inside* including the lineups. For those complaining that it was too hot, I mean really, dress lighter, carry extra icewater, and maybe just 'get over it'.
It wasn't really too hot, it was too humid. When your hotel takes 20 minutes to walk to and the shuttles don't run in the middle of the day in the peak of the heat and humidity and you have a boatload of stuff you have to haul back...ya it's not fun I don't care where you're from. If the shuttles were running 2 or 3 times an hour no one would be complaining. I like Orlando, I liked the convention center and I prefer heat over cold but some logistical changes need to be made if they are going to have it there again.

Reaction score
I just finished a survey on my experiences at CV and this came up at the end:
"Done! And only a few minutes I hope. We ask all of these questions so we can make the show even better for next year, so you've already helped us start building Star Wars Celebration VI! Thank you, and May the Force be with you!"

I am surprised it says "next year" but it is something.

Reaction score
I'd welcome it back at Orlano in a heartbeat. It was by far the best venue that Celebration has ever seen. Indianapolis was run at the same venue twice in a row, so no reason why this shouldn't remain the same with Orlando in my opinion.

Reaction score
LordAXL said:
I just finished a survey on my experiences at CV and this came up at the end:
"Done! And only a few minutes I hope. We ask all of these questions so we can make the show even better for next year, so you've already helped us start building Star Wars Celebration VI! Thank you, and May the Force be with you!"

I am surprised it says "next year" but it is something.
just had that email also and completed the survey.

I went for the option for CVI to be in Orlando, but chose Spring as a more appropriate time of year.

I didn't mind the heat too much and the buildings are all very well air conditioned.

Already in anticipation for the next Celebration.

Reaction score
I selected Orlando as well for the next Celebration, but in the summer. I know, the rain and heat are terrible, but I wouldn't have to deal with my kids in school during the summer.

Reaction score
I chose Orlando in the summer again. Perfect location, and while it was hot, it's the best time of year when things are the least hectic.

Reaction score
Obi_Phantom_Jedi said:
There was an option for Orlando? I didn't get that on mine!
I got an option for Orlando and then another question where I could fill in what city I would like....I put Orlando again.

Reaction score
I still wrote in Seattle, WA!

And for those doubters that say Seattle couldn't handle it, I give you PAX prime. The Penny Arcade Expo was held here (as it is every year) and over the four days it had 67,000 people attend.

Reaction score
I put Orlando. I also asked if it would be possible to have a mini Indiana Jones area. since most Star Wars fans. are also Indiana Jones fans. they could use up some of the extra space.

Reaction score
i could do Seattle. Only have been there once, but it was only for a few hrs. & i didnt get to see anything

CSD

Reaction score
Seattle's fine with me although I really would like to see it in Orlando. I have family there and stuff so I'm good for both BUT Orlando Please!

Reaction score
I liked how one questioned asked if I would willing to go "abroad" for the next celebration, and the next question said "if you said yes to going abroad, where?" and gave Canada and Mexico as choices. Real abroad there guys.

Reaction score
MaxWedge said:
I liked how one questioned asked if I would willing to go "abroad" for the next celebration, and the next question said "if you said yes to going abroad, where?" and gave Canada and Mexico as choices. Real abroad there guys.
You don't think Canada and Mexico are abroad? It's not like they said "overseas", you know.

Reaction score
I'd take Canada over Mexico any day. Too much violence right now in Mexico. I wouldn't feel safe personally.

Reaction score
deathstar1000 said:
I'd take Canada over Mexico any day. Too much violence right now in Mexico. I wouldn't feel safe personally.
Have you ever been in Canada during a doughnut shortage, not pretty!

Reaction score
MaxWedge said:
bikerscout said:
CVI --Minneapolis

then we won't hear any more b*(%%*ing about the heat.
Not about the heat, just the mosquitos.
Wedge are you making fun of our state bird?

Hey scout say hello to Korben Dallas for me! Love that move!

Reaction score
Ross_C said:
Have you ever been in Canada during a doughnut shortage, not pretty!
We don't have doughnuts in Canada .. We have Timbits!

.. And I'm not silly enough to think that there's a snowballs chance in H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks of hosting a Celebration

Reaction score
As much as I wanted the Northeast (because I am in NY) I put Orlando. It is THE perfect place for this type of convention. I did more things outside of the convention than I did inside! Being so close to Universal and Disney was a real plus in my book! Orlando again, please!!!

Reaction score
Orlando maybe nice, but I hope I'm not the only one when i say I can't afford $70 +$80 theme park tickets on top of Celebration expenses. If i ever can go to the next celebration -ALL of the money i save up is going toward airfare, hotel, parking, food, and celebration tickets/merch. With parking & food at the theme parks you're lookin at $125+ a day in expenses. &^*($ that.

Reaction score
bikerscout said:
Orlando maybe nice, but I hope I'm not the only one when i say I can't afford $70 +$80 theme park tickets on top of Celebration expenses. If i ever can go to the next celebration -ALL of the money i save up is going toward airfare, hotel, parking, food, and celebration tickets/merch. With parking & food at the theme parks you're lookin at $125+ a day in expenses. &^*($ that.
but you have 3 years to save up the money, and you don't have to go to the theme parks.? no one is forcing you?

Reaction score
bnrred5 said:
bikerscout said:
but you have 3 years to save up the money, and you don't have to go to the theme parks.? no one is forcing you?
Right! Others may want to see those things. It is a very huge tourist city and I think it is ideal for a convention like this! I want to go back, that's for sure! I did not get to see all the sites that I wanted to. I hope they return to Orlando!

Reaction score
I was not particularly pleased with Orlando (too hot, too humid, too spread-out) but if we must go back, I could deal with it in the spring. I'm not really that interested in the theme parks, though.

A Celebration in Canada is about as 'international' as I'm willing to go. (Honestly, I doubt Mexico is that much of a contender.) I love Celebrations but I'm not flying overseas for one! Plus if they went for (let's say) Toronto it's quite drivable for those of us in the Midwest and Northeast.

Reaction score
duncatra said:
I was not particularly pleased with Orlando (too hot, too humid, too spread-out)
Things in Orlando weren't nearly as spread out as the other Celebrations were. Most restaurants and hotels were a short walk from the convention center, which I loved. That definitely couldn't be said for somewhere like LA, where we drove around for 30 minutes looking for a Subway.

Reaction score
The_Chosen_1 said:
Things in Orlando weren't nearly as spread out as the other Celebrations were. Most restaurants and hotels were a short walk from the convention center, which I loved. That definitely couldn't be said for somewhere like LA, where we drove around for 30 minutes looking for a Subway.
Well, it would have been a short walk if not for the humidity, I suppose. (Or if you stayed at the Peabody or Rosen, which I didn't.) But my favorite location by far is Indianapolis, which has a nice downtown and tons of options in hotels and food.

This was the first Celebration I wished I had a car at. (I did drive to CIII -- and never used the car.) There was a lot of walking in L.A. but I didn't mind because the weather was so mild. But doing anything after-hours in Orlando was time-consuming and miserable, unless you wanted to eat at the same place every night.

Give me a downtown - even L.A. - any day.

Reaction score
duncatra said:
I was not particularly pleased with Orlando (too hot, too humid, too spread-out) but if we must go back, I could deal with it in the spring. I'm not really that interested in the theme parks, though.

A Celebration in Canada is about as 'international' as I'm willing to go. (Honestly, I doubt Mexico is that much of a contender.) I love Celebrations but I'm not flying overseas for one! Plus if they went for (let's say) Toronto it's quite drivable for those of us in the Midwest and Northeast.
I flew overseas for one, my first in the USA, and would now come back for another one wherever it is, but would rather it be Orlando!
I wonder if you've ever been overseas?

The only thing negative about coming from overseas is the restrictions in bringing things back because of the flying. I'm never willing to pay expensive postage which can sometimes be dearer than the item I've paid for!

Of course a Celebration in your own country makes things a lot easier, eg. my first Celebration, Celebration Europe!

Reaction score
Sylvius said:
I wonder if you've ever been overseas?
I haven't, and that's kind of part of it... If I'm going to spend $1000+ on a plane ticket, I want to use all the time I have to actually see the country, not get stuck up in a convention center for a week. Plus I usually volunteer, so afterward I'm exhausted. (That's the best-case scenario... I drove home from CIII with what turned out to be bronchitis. Fun!)

So unless I become independently wealthy and don't have to worry about getting a ton of time off, Celebrations are a domestic-only affair for me. Plus, there hasn't been much EU stuff going at CE and CJ, and that's really my focus.

Reaction score
I loved CE. I go to London all the time, so I was very happy to attend a SW celebration in a city which I know very well and which I adore! So much to do there! I would return to London any time! But the expense for most is not conducive to a happy group of SW fans!
Just keep it in Orlando. ....at least for CVI

Reaction score
The_Chosen_1 said:
duncatra said:
I was not particularly pleased with Orlando (too hot, too humid, too spread-out)
again, in defense of downtown LA --there is now much more to see & do down there since '07 - entertainment complex with restaurants and clubs, bowling, movie theaters, espn zone and more. If you're a theme park person, they are not too far away either. CVI doesn't have to be in LA, but I'd prefer a west coast location. If not, then a midwest locale or even Toronto if they go Canada

Reaction score
I'd like LA if they'd use the Staples center for the "Main Event" so everyone can see it.

Reaction score
Lets not forget Anaheim. its got a big convention center. lots of restaurants, Hotels, and Disneyland. all in walking distance.

Reaction score
I liked LA, but I would not go to another celebration in the LA area. I paid $120 per night for the hotel in LA. In Indy I paid $50 a night and MCO I paid $60 a night. Plus in Indy and MCO everything was in walking distance, not so much in LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.