Celebration 4

Reaction score
I'm going, and I think I'm staying at the Historic Mayfair. I didn't book my flight yet though. But I really should, since it is a holiday weekend... Might be hard to find cheap flights...

Reaction score
I'll be there, but I haven't booked abything yet. CIII's lines were so much fun, I can't wait to do it all again!

Reaction score
Me and Hydrospanner from the board are going togeather. I can't remeber the hotel we are staying in. But I'm looking forward to it. We will be there Thursday through Sunday. Us WI Scummers should hook up or something.

Reaction score
We are staying at the Historical Mayfair Hotel. Hopefully this won't be too far away. According to the website, it is about one mile away. I just hope the shuttle system works well. Swiski66 and I still need to purchase our plane tickets. We need to make this a priority this weekend. Kenbenobi, do me a favor and use your magical buying powers and see what kind of bargains you can find. I am going to look also. I think we need to leave that Wednesday in order to get there before fan club day. I just don't know what time we would like to leave. What day are you leaving Kenbenobi?

Reaction score
s_marlinfan said:
Me and Hydrospanner from the board are going togeather. I can't remeber the hotel we are staying in. But I'm looking forward to it. We will be there Thursday through Sunday. Us WI Scummers should hook up or something.
I met Hydrospanner at WM last month. Nice guy. Maybe us Milwaukeeans will have to meet up at some point to say "hey"...

Reaction score
Tom_Wesell said:
We are staying at the Historical Mayfair Hotel. Hopefully this won't be too far away. According to the website, it is about one mile away. I just hope the shuttle system works well. Swiski66 and I still need to purchase our plane tickets. We need to make this a priority this weekend. Kenbenobi, do me a favor and use your magical buying powers and see what kind of bargains you can find. I am going to look also. I think we need to leave that Wednesday in order to get there before fan club day. I just don't know what time we would like to leave. What day are you leaving Kenbenobi?
On the 23rd, early in the AM. I want a day to enjoy LA, before C4... Wow, that kinda rhymed...

Reaction score
I can't go but I plan on a BBQ for the forumites at my house for the weekend of C4

Sounds like an idea?

btw can someone pickup one of the C4 GG statues for me. I will get you cash by whatever means necessary.

Thanks,

VDC

Reaction score
Val_Da_Carr said:
btw can someone pickup one of the C4 GG statues for me. I will get you cash by whatever means necessary.

Thanks,

VDC
Easier said than done, man. You cant buy more than one, IF you are lucky enough to buy one (they do lottery tickets usually). So you need to find someone that has no interest in getting one for themselves... They will be selling a small quantity online, however. Details will be announced before they do...

Reaction score
Last year didn't they do you could pre-order items and pick them up at the show? And if so, could someone else pick it up for you? You can see where I'm going with this.....

Reaction score
I think they did that for the San Diego Comic Con, but C3 was a mess for the exclusives. Not sure if the conventions are put on by the same people or not, but C4 should do the preorder to avoid the previous debacle.

Although I thought I heard there was going to be a 24 hour store or something...so people can wait in line for 48 hours!

Reaction score
StrangeDasein said:
I think they did that for the San Diego Comic Con, but C3 was a mess for the exclusives. Not sure if the conventions are put on by the same people or not, but C4 should do the preorder to avoid the previous debacle.

Although I thought I heard there was going to be a 24 hour store or something...so people can wait in line for 48 hours!
The store is for celebration merchandise. Gentle Giant will be in the dealers room...
I signed up for 11pm - 1am Thursday for the store. It is nice with assigned times...

Reaction score
I am happy for all you guys and gals who get to go to C4. C3 was one of the best times ever for me but with my wife's work schedule and the great distance involved, we're just not going to be able to swing it this time. Here's hoping there's a C5!!

Reaction score
Wow, I've never had any interest in any of the convention exclusives . . . until now. Must have the McArtoo and McThreepio somehow. This is where I hope my good collecting karma comes in and I'm able to convince someone who is attending to hook me up with one.

If I made really sad doggy eyes, will it help?

Let me know if anyone might be able to help. I'll also keep my fingers crossed for these to be released as separate figures somewhere down the road. How silly it would be for them not to release these somehow in bigger numbers.

Reaction score
We have our store time reserved already for 11pm to 1am on Thursday. I don't know if they are limiting figures. I am not promising anything, but I will try and get extras. I already promised my friend in Australia some of the exclusives. If I have extras of anything, I will offer them to this group first.
This year is going to be a pain getting this stuff back home without getting it damaged. I brought stuff home last year from San Diego Comic Con and a lot of my stuff got damaged. Celebration III was much better because we were able to drive. I think at least five people from this forum are going to Celebration. Out of the five of us, hopefully we can come up with extras.

Reaction score
Tom_Wesell said:
We have our store time reserved already for 11pm to 1am on Thursday. I don't know if they are limiting figures. I am not promising anything, but I will try and get extras. I already promised my friend in Australia some of the exclusives. If I have extras of anything, I will offer them to this group first.
This year is going to be a pain getting this stuff back home without getting it damaged. I brought stuff home last year from San Diego Comic Con and a lot of my stuff got damaged. Celebration III was much better because we were able to drive. I think at least five people from this forum are going to Celebration. Out of the five of us, hopefully we can come up with extras.
They are limiting!!! If you bought the 4-day ticket, you get 4 figures. If you bought a 1-day ticket, you get only 1 figure. And so on. I'm pissed that dealers like Brian's Toys are able to purchase cases of these, while we get limited to a measly 4 total.

Reaction score
It looks like I won't be able to help anybody on the board if they are limiting like that. I guess it is a good thing. But it does suck that brian's toys gets to buy case(s) because they are a business. Just boycott brian's toys. I know I do. I think he is worse than Walmart.

Reaction score
NotMertz said:
Wow, I've never had any interest in any of the convention exclusives . . . until now. Must have the McArtoo and McThreepio somehow. This is where I hope my good collecting karma comes in and I'm able to convince someone who is attending to hook me up with one.

If I made really sad doggy eyes, will it help?

Let me know if anyone might be able to help. I'll also keep my fingers crossed for these to be released as separate figures somewhere down the road. How silly it would be for them not to release these somehow in bigger numbers.
I want these figures too! But given how easy it is to pick up a C3 Vader on the cheap, either here on the boards or Ebay, I don't think it'll be hard to get these two....eventually!

Reaction score
Anyone here who is going to Celebration 4, would you be willing to grab a Gentle Giant Commander Gree Mini bust for me? I have some items for trade (if that interests you) or I could pay cash for it. Let me know.

Reaction score
Son of a b_itch! Another C4 figure I won't be able to get.

Click Here

I really like these concept figures. They're something NEW and different.

Reaction score
Zamps said:

Click Here

Yowza -- okay, these convention exclusives just HAVE to be offered up on regular cards or release somewhere down the line. This figure looks GREATASTIC!

Reaction score
Zamps said:

Click Here

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That really sucks. I was really looking forward to Luke.

<on knees>If anyone going to C4 can get me one.</on knees>

Reaction score
xTEC4 said:
Zamps said:

Click Here

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That really sucks. I was really looking forward to Luke.

<on knees>If anyone going to C4 can get me one.</on knees>
Luke might be offered on the hasblatoyshop site, right?

Reaction score
To tell everybody the truth, I hope these figures will only
be available at C4. I hate it when you go to a convention and a figure is suppose to be exclusive, then they turn around and offer it on a website somewhere. These exclusive figures are suppose to be perks if you go to the convention. I am not just saying this because I am going. There have been exclusives in the past from conventions in other countries that I wanted, and had to pay a premium price to get. If convention EXCLUSIVES are available to everybody, then they are not special to me.

Reaction score
I hope these are offered online like the C3 Vader. If not I'll pay the 20 bucks on ebay for them. Sure is cheaper than going all the way to C4.

Reaction score
Tom_Wesell said:
be available at C4. I hate it when you go to a convention and a figure is suppose to be exclusive, then they turn around and offer it on a website somewhere. These exclusive figures are suppose to be perks if you go to the convention. I am not just saying this because I am going. There have been exclusives in the past from conventions in other countries that I wanted, and had to pay a premium price to get. If convention EXCLUSIVES are available to everybody, then they are not special to me.
I agree, becasue it cheapense the figure's purpose for being an exclusive.

Reaction score
If it's just a packaging variation (exclusive coin, exclusive package, etc.) I'm all about letting the exclusive be a convention exclusive and not making them available. If the figures, regardless of packaging, are only ever offered as a convention exclusive, well, that sucks.

But I'm also willing to pay something of a premium for them if such is the case, since it will hopefully still be cheaper than getting tickets, hotels, food, etc. $30-$40 per figure for folks who didn't attend seems like a reasonable price.

Of course I might just get annoyed with Hasbro and abandon my plan to buy two complete sets of the McConcept line -- one to open, one to keep carded. This is the first time I've ever wanted to do that (collect two each of a complete subset), but if Hasbro decides to make three of the figures extremely hard and expensive to get, I'll stick to one of each or none. I'm assuming many others feel the same. I can't imagine Hasbro wants to lose money on this.

In a few weeks I'm certain the details will be cleared up and everyone will know what the 411 is on these.

Reaction score
NOOOOOO!!!! two great exclusives I might never get the chance to get...anyone going want to pick me two of each? that would be great I'll pay you like...whatever you want for them...Im only a 17 year old person who works at a Culvers in Waukesha! WHY!!!!

Reaction score
I wondered when the other shoe would drop........we have the McVader coming out so it only made sense that a Luke would come out. I'm just surprised that it's a C4 exclusive instead of coming in the TAC line later down the road. Gotta have the Luke if your gettin the Vader?!

Reaction score
Tom_Wesell said:
I have to agree. Convention exclusives should remain EXCLUSIVES! If the George figure from C2 were suddenly available in stores, I'd be upset. I've lost out on many exclusives for cons I couldnt go to. I had to pay a premium to get them on Ebay. The only thing that wouldnt bother me so much is to make a small quantity available to order if you live in another country. That way, we could get foreign exclusives, and vice versa. Otherwise, go to the con, or buy on Ebay... But I'm sure we'll see these available online after the con, if they dont sell out (and i doubt they will)... That's why they never announce a quanity! If they said limited to 3000, I'd be worried, but there will be a LOT of these figures, I guarantee it...

Reaction score
Off the front page:

As many fans guessed it last week when the McQuarrie R2-D2 & C-3PO were announced, Luke too will be available at Celebration IV & Celebration Europe. Fans should note this is a Hasbro exclusive, that will be available at the Hasbro booth. Each show will have an exclusive coin ( both C4 & CE ). Plus this figure is scheduled for release later in the year from what earlier reports have told us. More details here at Starwars.com.

Sounds like us non-attendees might have a chance at getting these figures.

Reaction score
I hope these figures are not available later on. I think the Luke will be, but I hope the droids are not. The droids should be the official exclusive for celebration and should not be available anywhere else. Since the Luke will be available at the Hasbro booth, I think this one will be available everywhere and is fine with me. I just hope they have it where you can pre-order it without having to stand in line, but I doubt it. At least it sounds like the coin will be exclusive, but we shall see how exclusive it is. I hate the word exclusive because it is used too loosely these days.

Reaction score
Tom_Wesell said:
I hope these figures are not available later on. I think the Luke will be, but I hope the droids are not. The droids should be the official exclusive for celebration and should not be available anywhere else. Since the Luke will be available at the Hasbro booth, I think this one will be available everywhere and is fine with me. I just hope they have it where you can pre-order it without having to stand in line, but I doubt it. At least it sounds like the coin will be exclusive, but we shall see how exclusive it is. I hate the word exclusive because it is used too loosely these days.
Ya, the word exclusive doesn't hold much weight these days. It should mean "not available anywhere else." But then again, based on that criteria, my underwear is exclusive, since you can't get this underwear with these exact stains anywhere else...

Reaction score
How much are you selling your underwear for? Are you going to put them on eBay?

kenbenobi said:
Tom_Wesell said:
Ya, the word exclusive doesn't hold much weight these days. It should mean "not available anywhere else." But then again, based on that criteria, my underwear is exclusive, since you can't get this underwear with these exact stains anywhere else...

Reaction score
Tom_Wesell said:
How much are you selling your underwear for? Are you going to put them on eBay?

kenbenobi said:
Tom_Wesell said:
I'm waiting til I become famous. Then all of my underwear and socks with holes in them with go on Ebay. But I'll sign them for free!