Celebration 4 - You in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Dustin said:
I think the real issue here is that there never were any plans for C-4 period. . .

So it made sense to try and pull it off again, however because nobody thought ahead, the Indy location was no longer available. These things are booked way in advnace, I'm talking years, so if they never had it reserved they then needed to start looking at other venues.

This leads us to the supposed LA location.
The Indianapolis Convention Center is booked further in advance than the L.A. Convention Center? That alone should tell them something.

For the record, I'm dissapointed that it's not in Indy again, because I am selfish and want to be able to drive to it. I have no doubt however that attendance won't suffer because of this change, and it may even increase - after all, unlike C3, they aren't holding C4 the same weekend as the Pittsburgh Comicon.

To address other points:

Texas people probably aren't complaining because they'd have to fly to either location, although I do remember a few posts early on calling for C4 to be held in Dallas.

Florida folks get Disney SW Weekends, which are not quite Celebrations, but the next best thing.

Memorial Day Weekend probably won't make a huge difference - Dragon*Con moved their show to Labor Day weekend a few years back and to my knowledge it hasn't hurt their attendance.

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
mousedroid said:
Dustin said:
I think the real issue here is that there never were any plans for C-4 period. . .

So it made sense to try and pull it off again, however because nobody thought ahead, the Indy location was no longer available. These things are booked way in advnace, I'm talking years, so if they never had it reserved they then needed to start looking at other venues.

This leads us to the supposed LA location.
The Indianapolis Convention Center is booked further in advance than the L.A. Convention Center? That alone should tell them something.

Good Point MD! Man I just wish they'd make an official announcement already! LOL!

Reaction score
Another thing to consider is maybe they have booked Indy-just not during May-and maybe its under a different name ala rotj aka blue harvest (or whatever that was) so rather than get ourselves all worked up and possibly start a East vs West war-let swait and see if it even happens!

Reaction score
If CIV did happen the week before Memorial Day like on Thursday and travel on through until Sunday, personally I'd love it! No matter where it was!! I'm a school teacher so requesting days off isn't as simple as just turning in a form. I have to make lesson plans, find substitutes, etc. Not to mention approval from school days in that timeframe near the end of the year. If it were in a non-holiday timeframe I be only able to attend part of Friday and Saturday. This way I can attend the weekend and still have Monday to recooperate.

I know that I'm just one person but I'd love it.

Reaction score
Nevermind the location.
I'm hoping to see the programming, displays and guest list improve beyond the previous 3. Perhaps a west coast location may aid in a greater variety and quality of programming such as getting more prominent actors, a larger collection from the Lucasfilm archives or an even stronger presence from the vendors. If that's the case, I'm all for LA.
I'm not going to C4 to enjoy the local flavor, I'll be there exclusively for the event.
-theropod

Reaction score
theropod said:
I'm not going to C4 to enjoy the local flavor, I'll be there exclusively for the event.
-theropod
I couldn't agree more. Count me in! I had a wonderful, although chilly, time last year. Lots of great memories from C2 and C3.

Reaction score
DarthBeek said:
theropod said:
-theropod
I couldn't agree more. Count me in! I had a wonderful, although chilly, time last year. Lots of great memories from C2 and C3.
Same here. I don't really care what other attractions are in the city its being held in. I'm going to be at C4 from open-close all day anyway. As long as there is a nearby hotel and a place to buy food I'm set.

Reaction score
I'll goto C4 if it comes true no matter what. I had a blast at C3 and I look forward to meeting some scummersthis time. I only met Dustin and Philip at C3

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Jedi_Rainman said:
I'll goto C4 if it comes true no matter what. I had a blast at C3 and I look forward to meeting some scummersthis time. I only met Dustin and Philip at C3
Hey Rainman! I even went as far as to make custom badges for all the Rebelscum Forumites we had at C-3 that were quick enough to sign up for one. It was nice to put faces with names ;-)

I'd love to try and do an after hours "Rebelscum" only party of some sorts at C-4. That'd be cool eh?

What do you guys think?

Reaction score
DarthBeek said:
theropod said:
-theropod
Actually, I take that back. If the L.A. Kings make the playoffs next year and are still in it by the time of the convention, I'll go across the street for a playoff game.

I also discussed it with my wife this afternoon and if she and our little ones went as well, we'd spend a couple of extra days at Disneyland.
-theropod

Reaction score
Hey Rainman! I even went as far as to make custom badges for all the Rebelscum Forumites we had at C-3 that were quick enough to sign up for one. It was nice to put faces with names ;-)

I'd love to try and do an after hours "Rebelscum" only party of some sorts at C-4. That'd be cool eh?

What do you guys think?

[/QUOTE]

Sounds great Dustin. It would be nice to meet some of the scummers.

Now Dustin, will you be working in the Official Pix booth in Los Angeles at that time? Oh excuse me, I meant to say in a "City not confirmed yet."

Reaction score
An RS party would be awesome! One of the things I was sad about when thinking about how I didn't make CIII was not getting the personalized lanyard....

Reaction score
since we started this thread right after CIII I was in and still am in for wherever and when ever.

I think an RS party would be great. I did get a chance to meet a few of the other scummers by being part of the PSWCS and handing out patch pieces and from the vintage group who was well organized in the Omni.

Even if it was a short time there were really nice people there who I still talk to and deal with.

Like Dustin said and many others..

Cmon lets just put the rumors to rest and hear the official word!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Dustin said:
Jedi_Rainman said:

What do you guys think?
I would be all for it Dustin...I will go no matter what...wether it be alone or with other friends of mine

Reaction score
theropod said:
Actually, I take that back. If the L.A. Kings make the playoffs next year and are still in it by the time of the convention, I'll go across the street for a playoff game.
Ha ha, that's the best laugh I've had all day
. The new Kings GM says he has a three year plan... ruh roh. In any case, if C-IV is indeed in L.A., and they hold it over Memorial Day weekend, the Stanley Cup playoffs would be over by then, whether or not the Kings make it (unfortunately, they have a bad habit of folding in the stretch).

And Dustin, definitely up for some kind of Rebelscum party/button/sticker/whatever. I've already got my Rebelscum baseball cap

Reaction score
Dustin said:
Jedi_Rainman said:
The badges were nicely done. The "SW Forever" pins were pretty nice too.

What do you guys think?

Reaction score
I just checked the LA convention center's official website and checked their official bookings for next May and they only have one event booked and it is not C4. So take that for what it is worth.

Reaction score
from what i understand, there is this other star wars website (that rhymes with makface), and one of the members spoke to a woman over the phone who said there was a Star wars convention planned for that time frame. i wont beleive ANYTHING untill i hear it from Steve, but it could be true. has anyone tried calling?

Reaction score
Yes, my wife spoke to the event planner for the LA Convention Center, and the event planner herself confirmed Gen Con Star Wars Celebraton 4, May 23rd through May 28th, 2007.

Reaction score
Okay the more I think about this the more I get skeptical. Would the event planner really be "authorized " to let Joe Q. Public the actual location when there has been no offical announcement??!! Don't they have to sign a ND agreement?? Especially for a fan base such as SW?? They know darn well somehow, someway someone would leak info. What if this is a ruse and this is false info?? I will call the convention center tomorrow and ask for the events planner and talk with her. But I still won't make any plans until the offical announcement. Which I hope is not far off, time wise. Location wise, I hope it is very far off!!

Reaction score
Capntarpals said:
Yes, my wife spoke to the event planner for the LA Convention Center, and the event planner herself confirmed Gen Con Star Wars Celebraton 4, May 23rd through May 28th, 2007.
Whoo-Hoo?
All of these announcements about it being in LA and "confirmations" make me actually doubt it'll be anywhere near the Los Angeles Convention Center....

Reaction score
I don't care where it is at, I just want it after 3 times to be organized, well thought out, planed for 25,000 plus people so everybody has a chance to see & do the things which will be planned. Sure there are going to be lines, but if the people putting these type of conventions together plan for worse case scenario(#'s of people wise), the more compliments and easier to plan future Celebrations it will be. Just a thought from someone who has been to them all.

Reaction score
MARTI said:
Okay the more I think about this the more I get skeptical. Would the event planner really be "authorized " to let Joe Q. Public the actual location when there has been no offical announcement??!! Don't they have to sign a ND agreement?? Especially for a fan base such as SW?? They know darn well somehow, someway someone would leak info. What if this is a ruse and this is false info?? I will call the convention center tomorrow and ask for the events planner and talk with her. But I still won't make any plans until the offical announcement. Which I hope is not far off, time wise. Location wise, I hope it is very far off!!
Let us know what you find out tomorrow, if anything.

Reaction score
I just spoke to Lateesha and she told me that there is NO Star Wars convention scheduled for next May!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She said she herself is a Star Wars fan and she would have seen something on this. She said she was a secretary, and that Lateesha is a common name. So I am not sure if this is the same Lateesha or not. But she said emphatically there is NO Star Wars or Gen Con convention for next May. So from now on I don't believe a bloody thing posted on C4 until it comes from Sansweet's mouth!!!!!

Reaction score
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

So let's start the next rumor then!! I heard it is going to be in Anchorage, Alaska as part of the Hoth Revisited theme.

Reaction score
UPDATE. I called back after my first post. I dialed the number and hit zero to bypass the automated system. I talked to a guy I believe his name was Arthur. He confirmed that there is only one Lateesha and she is a secretary. The head lady in charge of events is named Patricia. So I left a message on her voice mail. I will let you know when and if she gets back to me.

Reaction score
I still think there is a strong possibility it will be in LA, they probably won't post it on the Convention site untill it's been officially announced. And I guess San Diego Comic Con is as good a guess as any as to where and when it will be officially announced. Sansweet said at Wizard World Chicago 05 that the location and time would be announced before jan 1 2006 so that everyone would have time to make work and travel plans. I'm surprised nothing has been announced yet. Seems odd to wait untill comic con to announce it if they really know now. And I remember that they really wanted to give everyone a chance to go to C3 so they announced all the details earlier than they did for C2, so compared to that, C4 seems last minute.

Reaction score
It could still be in LA. At the bottom of the events calendar on the LACC page the following is posted...

Only events which are confirmed and are permitted by the client to list on the event calendar are included. Information is correct at the time the event is listed.

Reaction score
If they are just now denying it being there, after there were multiple reports here and on TheForce.Net forums confirming it over the past couple weeks, sounds like Lucasfilm is just now telling the LA convention center to keep quiet about it

Reaction score
UPDATE #2- I spoke to Patricia Dennis, Director of Marketing, and she has nothing scheduled in regards to Star Wars or Gen Con. And she would be the person who would know what is going on!!!

Reaction score
DarthDavid13 said:
If they are just now denying it being there, after there were multiple reports here and on TheForce.Net forums confirming it over the past couple weeks, sounds like Lucasfilm is just now telling the LA convention center to keep quiet about it
My only doubt is that what if the reports they received were only from fans who saw this posting? So at this point I think it's safe to say that the location is still UNCONFIRMED.

Reaction score
I think it might be in LA. They just aren't allowed to say. It doens't matter who you call there or what their job is. If LFL told them not to confirm it until they announced it themselves, then they aren't going to tell you.

Reaction score
I don't know about that. The problem I have with that theory is that if that is the case, why the leaks up to now? This is Lucas that we are talking about here. He does now how to manage it that a secret does not leak out before it is supposed to. Seriously, I can't imagine someone at Lucasfilms all of a sudden saying "WE FORGOT TO TELL L.A. TO KEEP IT QUIET WHEN THE FANATICAL FANS START ASKING!"

Reaction score
You guys who are basically in denial (or peeps who just don't want to come to LA) are forgetting that this whole rumor started when an actor's agent let slip this little detail about the location. What does LFL have to do with that? They can make people sign NDA's up the yingyang but can't do anything about loose lips.

Reaction score
tk421_1_2 said:
You guys who are basically in denial (or peeps who just don't want to come to LA) are forgetting that this whole rumor started when an actor's agent let slip this little detail about the location. What does LFL have to do with that? They can make people sign NDA's up the yingyang but can't do anything about loose lips.

Since when is anything that comes from the mouth of an actor's agent considered reliable anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.