Celebration 4 - You in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
OK so the rumor mill has been churning on this particular subject for a few months now. Hell I was hearing rumors at the wrap party Sunday night at C-3!

So what if anything have you heard about C-4?

I've heard sometime in 2007 ( 30th anniversary of A New Hope ) Gen-Con will not be involved, Indy is out, it will be smaller, capped ( only so many tickets sold ) and it will be way more expensive.

Will you attend no matter what? I'm sure I'll be there, but what would it take for you not to attend? Would cost affect your decision? Location? The date?

Let's discuss!

Reaction score
i will attend no matter what. i cant think of a price i wouldnt pay. i have been to C2 and C3 and i wouldnt miss C4. i know that i have heard people say that they would love to have it in san diego, but san diego already has comic con. I am only 5 hours from san diego, but i would like to see it in a city that doesnt have a major con, but can still handel the mass of people that will surely attend

Reaction score
My cousin Cris and I grew up together playing with our Star Wars toys and have been to all 3 Celebrations. This year we went to the LA Charity Premiere of Revenge of the Sith together too! Then he went to the London Premiere and to Tunisia on a Star Wars Sightseeing Trip!! Needless to say, we would be in no matter the price or the location and have been looking forward to it since CIII ended!

Reaction score
Will you attend no matter what?
No, while I will likely try to attend, I can't say that I will "no matter what."

...what would it take for you not to attend?
Many things could affect my decision to attend, but one thing that would likely keep me from going is if there were no stars there signing autographs.

Would cost affect your decision?
Yes, if it were ridiculously expensive, like $250 for a ticket with no commensurate perks. However, if it were run like a Creation convention with some really big name guests, and they were signing, I would be happy to pay that much and probably more depending upon who attended.

Location? The date?
Location would probably only be a deciding factor if it were held overseas. Date would probably only be a deciding factor if it occured at the same time as a work function that I could not get out of.

Reaction score
Speaking of a Creation-type show, that almost seems like the next logical step in the evolution of C2V/OfficialPix. They have all the contacts, they own the exclusive rights to the photos. I could see them running one or two Star Wars conventions a year, maybe one in Dallas and one in either CA or the Northeast.

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
mousedroid said:
Speaking of a Creation-type show, that almost seems like the next logical step in the evolution of C2V/OfficialPix. They have all the contacts, they own the exclusive rights to the photos. I could see them running one or two Star Wars conventions a year, maybe one in Dallas and one in either CA or the Northeast.
Ben Stevens ( CEO of Official Pix ) has been running shows for years already -

http://www.scifiexpo.com/

Carrie & Sansweet are going to be at the next show . . .

Reaction score
I had a blast at C2 and C3, so I'd love to go to C4. As long as they are not trying to rip off fans with the admission prices and things like that, count me in.

Reaction score
I'm in. Wanted to go to c3 but my parnets wouldnt let me. A great location could be HSBC arena in downtown Buffalo, NY. Everyone could stay at the adams mark.
Think about it!

Reaction score
I heard rumors of Las Vegas a few months ago.

About me attending. It all depends on what is going on in my life at the time.

Reaction score
mousedroid brings up a good point. if it were held overseas, i would have a harder time going.

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
buda741 said:
I'm in. Wanted to go to c3 but my parnets wouldnt let me. A great location could be HSBC arena in downtown Buffalo, NY. Everyone could stay at the adams mark.
Think about it!
Everyone staying at one hotel? YOu've obviously never been . . ..

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
amdevil said:
mousedroid brings up a good point. if it were held overseas, i would have a harder time going.
I've heard they may try to do something special for the overseas folks as well . . .

GNT

Reaction score
yeah us international people miss out on alot, it would be neat if we had a big nerdy gathering here sometime plus an exclusive Con figure to make it even more special. Fingers crossed for 2007.

Reaction score
I'm in. I so far have made all of them and don't want to miss this one!!

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
GNT said:
yeah us international people miss out on alot, it would be neat if we had a big nerdy gathering here sometime plus an exclusive Con figure to make it even more special. Fingers crossed for 2007.
I've been hearing something about a European event GNT, sorry :-(

Reaction score
Dustin said:
mousedroid said:

Yeah, I know about the scifiexpo, and Carrie is a great guest, but that's not quite what I was talking about. I'm talking about a relatively small show, say 600-800 attendees, a ticket price of $125 to $350 and guests like Sam Jackson, Christopher Lee, Ewan McGregor, etc. If companies like Creation can get Patrick Stewart, William Shanter, Leonard Nimoy, etc. for the Trek fans, I would think OP could do the same for Star Wars fans.

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
mousedroid said:
Dustin said:
mousedroid said:

Yeah, I know about the scifiexpo, and Carrie is a great guest, but that's not quite what I was talking about. I'm talking about a relatively small show, say 600-800 attendees, a ticket price of $125 to $350 and guests like Sam Jackson, Christopher Lee, Ewan McGregor, etc. If companies like Creation can get Patrick Stewart, William Shanter, Leonard Nimoy, etc. for the Trek fans, I would think OP could do the same for Star Wars fans.
Oh I see what you mean, I thought you were refering to them "taking the next step" and doing a show ;-) Which of course they do regularly, but you're idea is interesting for sure!

Reaction score
C3 was GREAT! 1'll be there in 2007 too!

Why a smaller event? I want sumthjin even bigger than C3

Reaction score
While I was at CIII and had a blast, I'll most likely be passing on any future SW 'mega' events like that.

What would get me to go? Maybe if they did a Creation/WW type Celebration and took it on the road for the 30th anniv. in 2007. They could have maybe 5-6 stops in the US (LA, Dallas, Vegas, Indy, Orlando, NJ/Philly?) Sure the con would be alot smaller than what we saw in Indy, but it would allow alot more fans to attend.

Just a thought.

Reaction score
C4, heck yeah, I've heard from the rumor mill that it will be in Las Vegas (double heck yeah). If and when they announce it, I will be on-line buying tickets.

Reaction score
If it is organized by someone else besides those who did C3, I may go. It would depend on location and price of the tickets. I would love to finally be able too meet Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill or others without standing in a 8 hour line.

Reaction score
GNT said:
What missing out? We had 2 vintage Aussie collectors fly in and spend a month here. They hit C3, NY for a B'Way show, upstate NY to visit a friend, North Carolina for more viviting, Vegas, California and a few other detours. It can be done. It's not cheap but it can be done.

John

Reaction score
I'd like to go. That's the key word...'like'. I don't have to. If it was in somplace like NYC, NJ or any where from the central states to the East Coast, but I don't think I'd be able to go to California or someplace out there. I think the best idea would be to have more than one. Indy was so huge and congested because it was the only one in the WHOLE world, not just the US. If they want it to be smaller, than they have to have a 'traveling' convention.

Reaction score
mousedroid said:
Dustin said:
mousedroid said:

i dont think that shatner and nimoy have a lot on their plate right now. i think they may have time to do a few shows.

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
what about the time of year it might be held, is there a bad time for you?

Reaction score
For some reason or the other I missed the other ones, I might go, I just hope its not in CA or any part of the west, if so I won't be able to go, or if the tickets are rediculously expensive (example: $300 per ticket) I wouldn't go.

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
_Darth_Maul_ said:
I already know im in
isnt this in new york?
read all the posts above . . . it's looking like it may be out west, in either Vegas or Anaheim . .

Reaction score
Dustin said:
Only if it was the same weekend as Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, SDCC or the Superbowl.

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
mousedroid said:
Dustin said:
Only if it was the same weekend as Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, SDCC or the Superbowl.
Well let's all hope Lucasfilm is smart enough to stay clear of those dates ;-)

Reaction score
Dustin said:
mousedroid said:
Dustin said:
Well let's all hope Lucasfilm is smart enough to stay clear of those dates ;-)
and im sure they are. it rained on us at C3 and i know it rained on C1. maybe we can plan the dates around the rain (and possibly snow). i know it wont snow in vegas or CA

Reaction score
I'd go depending on location.... NY, Boston, RI, maybe even NJ....since I would drive and I am on the east coast this would be the better scenario....they should check into Boston...Boston is having its first wizard world september 30th....we'll see how it goes....I'll probably be there since its only 20 min away.

Reaction score
CIV i will make no matter what, from i've heard at CIII from Lisa Franklin she strongly hinted at one of the Fan Club Breakfasts that there is going to be a CIV. From what i heard about a possible location would be Las Vegas from more than one source this site is the third place i've heard this from. Another exiting thing i've heard at CIII is The One Man Trilogy show said he is working on a Prequel trilogy show and i thing could be a strong possibility for CIV as for as price i don't think it will that much more expensive but if it is than that is allright with me.

Reaction score
Time to start saving some money. I am in no matter what. I hope they announce it in 2006. The sooner the better.

Reaction score
If there is a C4, I'm in. I liked Indy, but Vegas is only a few hours from me. I think the best time to have it is in April, I plan to go to SDCC every year in July, so it's easier to get a week off a couple months apart instead of say a week in June and a week in July.

Reaction score
Summer would make the most sense. No chance of cold weather, and less chance of rain, plus most people get vacation time in the summer while kids are out of school.

I'm tentatively in, but I had said no way I was missing CIII - and life threw a curveball that prevented that.
If there's another, I definitely want to go. The only one I've been to was CII, and it is one of my all-time fave trips.

Ian

Reaction score
For me it would really depend on how much a pass would, and where it would be. I would go if passes were $100 or less, more I would have to debate on it, it would also depend on who would be attending....

Reaction score
Heck yes I'd go. I wouldn't miss it. I love the feeling of having thousands liking the same thing you do.

_Max

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
jediriccan said:
For me it would really depend on how much a pass would, and where it would be. I would go if passes were $100 or less, more I would have to debate on it, it would also depend on who would be attending....

I'l bet the passes are over $125 next time . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.