Celebration 2019 Artists

Reaction score
I can't believe how many of the "regular" Celebration artists have not been asked back next year! Randy Martinez, Katie Cook, Grant Gould, Hugh Fleming, Jamie Snell, and other "big" names have all had their artwork rejected. Does this bring truth to the rumor that Disney/Lucasfilm is trying to phase out the Original Trilogy generation and just want to promote all the new stuff and cater to a younger audience? That would really suck if that were so. They shouldn't be ignoring the era that started it all.

Reaction score
Where are you finding this info? Is there a list?
Katie was already announced as attending as an author. I wonder if that had something to do with the decision? She can't be 2 places at once...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Where are you finding this info? Is there a list?
Katie was already announced as attending as an author. I wonder if that had something to do with the decision? She can't be 2 places at once...
Katie can be at her art booth most of the time and then step away for a signing or two. I personally didn’t see her post that she got declined but OP apparently did. Joe Hogan posted on Facebook that he was rejected. Hope Chris Trevas and Jerry Vanderstekt got accepted.

Reaction score
A few disappointments but I'm sure there will still be a few of the "regulars" who make it. There have been a ton of new sketch card artists who are eligible to enter in the past couple years so I'm sure the competition was extra stiff, which I don't see as a bad thing.

Reaction score
Will Jason Palmer be attending? He had the best print at Celebration 2017 IMO.

It'd also be nice if Jerry Vanderstelt did a "movie poster" style print of RO or Solo. I'm not holding my breath though as he seems to prefer just doing character portraits at this point in time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
From the official site:

And take a stroll through Artist Alley, which will be home to some familiar creators and new faces this year: Malcom Tween, Darren Tan, Jason Christman, Zoltan Simon, Joey Spiotto, Brian Miller, Matt Busch, Chris Trevas, Karen Hallion, Adrianna Vanderstelt, Danny Haas, Jason Palmer, Spencer Brinkerhoff, Kaela Croft, Brandon Kenney, Russell Walks, Dianne Harrop, Kayla Woodside, Alex Buechel, Cryssy Cheung, Steve Anderson, Brian DeGuire, Chris Dee, Michael Pasquale, Cat Staggs, Jerry Vanderstelt, and Brian Rood.

https://www.starwars.com/news/chewbacca-actor-joonas-suotamo-star-wars-celebration-chicago

Reaction score
From the official site:

And take a stroll through Artist Alley, which will be home to some familiar creators and new faces this year: Malcom Tween, Darren Tan, Jason Christman, Zoltan Simon, Joey Spiotto, Brian Miller, Matt Busch, Chris Trevas, Karen Hallion, Adrianna Vanderstelt, Danny Haas, Jason Palmer, Spencer Brinkerhoff, Kaela Croft, Brandon Kenney, Russell Walks, Dianne Harrop, Kayla Woodside, Alex Buechel, Cryssy Cheung, Steve Anderson, Brian DeGuire, Chris Dee, Michael Pasquale, Cat Staggs, Jerry Vanderstelt, and Brian Rood.

https://www.starwars.com/news/chewbacca-actor-joonas-suotamo-star-wars-celebration-chicago
Looking forward to seeing the work.

Reaction score
First wave of prints previewed:

Link: https://www.darkinkart.com/collections/star-wars-celebration-chicago-2019

Pre-Order for Pick-Up for Attendees Only beginning February 27th @ noon PT & ending March 15th @ noon PT

"Before Dark Times" by James Silvani, $40, 18" x 24" lithograph print, 250 piece edition

"Chewie" by Alex Buechel, $45, 18" x 24" lithograph print, 250 piece edition

"In Umbris Potestas Est" by Cryssy Cheung, $60, 16" x 20" lithograph print, 250 piece edition

"Cantina" by Jason Christman, $60, 36" x 12" lithograph print, 250 piece edition

"Guidance From Wolves" by Kaela Croft, $50, 18" x 12" lithograph print, 250 piece edition

"Pack Hunt" by Chris Dee, $45, 11.69" x 16.54" (A3) lithograph print, 250 piece edition

"Celebrating 20 Years of Podracing" by Brian DeGuire, $45, 16" x 20" lithograph print, 250 piece edition

"Ill-Starred Love" by Zoltan Simon (SimonZ), $49, 16" x 21.6" giclee print on resin coated luster paper, 250 piece edition

"30 Seconds Over Tatooine" by Cat Staggs, $75, 18" x 24" lithograph print, 250 piece edition

"Mandalorian" by Malcolm Tween, $60, 19" x 13" lithograph print, 250 piece edition

Reaction score
Really only love Tween (as always) and the Cantina one but not thrilled with the rest of the art so far and extremely disappointed at some of the artists that got rejected. This should be a fan vote kind of thing. Staggs for $75? Wow huge pass. I remember when she was $35 not too long ago.

Reaction score
Cantina’s my favourite, but i’ll Have to get Malcolm Tween’s Mandalorian.

Reaction score
They look good so far, I'm looking forward to seeing the others. My one question though:

I'm not an aurebesh expert by any means, it must say Chewy but it seems like the characters were a little off when I looked it up. Maybe the e was flipped or something?

I'm not holding my breath but I still hope we get art with two tubes ;).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anxiously awaiting Mr. Vanderstelt's offering....... and curious to see what my bud Spencer whipped up!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Gang.
Pre Orders have begun on Dark Ink!
I will be in my own booth, #4223 as well as Adrianna Vanderstelt.
Wednesday I will be able to post the full image along with an active Pre Order page.
Here is a tease for now : )

JV

Reaction score
Hi Gang.
Wednesday I will be able to post the full image along with an active Pre Order page.

JV

Ohhhhhhhh my .................

Reaction score
"Cantina" is nice but so far I'm only getting Tween...and of course Jerry's Jedi Luke. Can't wait to see the full image!!!

Reaction score
Hi Gang.

JV

Your Art is up already on the Dark Ink Website however it is not this piece but it is fantastic!

Reaction score
Your Art is up already on the Dark Ink Website however it is not this piece but it is fantastic!
Yes, the one on Dark Ink is an Acme release NOT my Exclusive Celebration Print. Notice that there is no Celebration Logo also. With the "The Hopeful" Acme release, there is a link in the description that leads you directly to my Exclusive on my own site. This will be available for PRE ORDER on Wed. Pacific time around noon. For now, here is another teaser of my EXCLUSIVE

JV

Reaction score
Updated:

↓ "Maelstrom" by Brandon Kenney, $40, 11" x 17" lithograph print, 250 piece edition

↓ "The Phantom Menace" by Danny Haas, $60, 20" x 16" giclee print, 250 piece edition

↓ "No One is Ever Really Gone" by Karen Hallion, $60, 16" x 20" lithograph print, 250 piece edition

↓ "STARDUST: A Rogue One Tribute" by Michael Pasquale, $65, 18" x 24" lithograph print, 250 piece edition

↓ "The Force Unites Us" by Joey Spiotto, $75, 18" x 24" lithograph print, 250 piece edition

↓ "Heart of the Rebellion" by Darren Tan, $65, 16.5" x 23.3" (A2) lithograph print, 250 piece edition

↓ "The Returned" by Dianne (Diha) Vaznelis, $50, 13" x 19" giclee print, 250 piece edition

Reaction score
Love the Hallion and the Woodside. Too much Ahsoka for my taste but that's just my opinion. Never really been a fan of the character.

Reaction score
Anyone have a lead on the Anderson, Palmer and Walks prints? I wonder if they will be revealed before preorders start?

Reaction score
So I read the Steve Anderson print won't be revealed until after preorders go live. Still hoping for last minute showings by Palmer and Walks before I spend all my money...