Celebrate the Saga Packs

GNT

Reaction score
I’ll post this here since this line was the last to have the 5POA figures.

hasbro has plans to rerelease about 8 multipacks containing the 5POA figures under the name “Celebrate the Saga”

1598044523897.jpeg

Anyone going to get any of these packs?

Reaction score
Hasbro Pulse livestream reveal 07.21.20

All sets have photo real face updates where applicable, back panels each have special group shot.

Celebrate The Saga – Bounty Hunters – Color-coded red for the dark side, includes Hondo’s droid R5-P8 character debut – Preorder today 07.21 @ 4pm EST – On shelf later this fall – Available @ Pulse & most major retailers.

Celebrate The Saga – Galactic Empire – Color-coded red for the dark side, includes R2-Q5 droid w/ first update since 2001 POTJ – Preorder today 07.21 @ 4pm EST – On shelf later this fall – Best Buy exclusive.

Celebrate The Saga – Galactic Republic – Color-coded blue for the light side, includes OOM-10 droid character debut – Preorder today 07.21 @ 4pm EST – On shelf later this fall – Available @ Pulse & most major retailers.

Celebrate The Saga – Jedi Order – Color-coded blue for the light side, includes Ahsoka’s R7-A7 droid character debut – Preorder today 07.21 @ 4pm EST – On shelf later this fall – Available @ Pulse & most major retailers.

Celebrate The Saga – Rebel Alliance – Color-coded blue for the light side – Preorder today 07.21 @ 4pm EST – On shelf later this fall – Amazon exclusive.

Celebrate The Saga – Sith – Color-coded red for the dark side, includes Palpatine’s TC-4 droid character debut – Preorder today 07.21 @ 4pm EST – On shelf later this fall – Best Buy exclusive.

Celebrate The Saga – The First Order – Color-coded red for the dark side – Preorder today 07.21 @ 4pm EST – On shelf later this fall – Available @ Pulse & most major retailers.

Celebrate The Saga – The Resistance – Color-coded blue for the light side – Preorder today 07.21 @ 4pm EST – On shelf later this fall – Amazon exclusive.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They look great, but I’ve got all of them (some multiples) and it’s hard to justify buying them again just for the face printing tech. I’m guessing others will feel this way, and they won’t sell. Hasbro will say “see, 3.75 and 5poa just don’t sell!” Too bad they couldn’t have made some Rise of Skywalker 5poa instead.

Reaction score
This is a really weird assortment of figures, especially since it's effectively the end of 3.75" Star Wars as children's toys, at least for now.

The droid repaints are pretty nice, even if I really wish R2-Q5 used a better sculpt, but I have absolutely no interest in the other 5POA figures. If they get clearanced out at <$10 I'd pick up at least the bounty hunter set, but as they are they seem more like a strange footnote more than anything else.

Reaction score
They look great, but I’ve got all of them (some multiples) and it’s hard to justify buying them again just for the face printing tech. I’m guessing others will feel this way, and they won’t sell. Hasbro will say “see, 3.75 and 5poa just don’t sell!” Too bad they couldn’t have made some Rise of Skywalker 5poa instead.
thats what the "last hurrah" set shouldve been, like i posted earlier in another thread..

these are the last hurrah for 5 POA. A better last hurrah for 5POA should've been mostly TROS themed Resistance ie "younger heroes"set, Alliance ie "older heroes"set, 1st order, sith eternal order set, Skywalker set, "solo" set, TLJ set, R1 set. I hate 1 "new" droid in a $30 set. At least those were offered in a pre 5poa line or disney BaD except OOM-10, was he in CW line? I forget.
OOM-10 battle droid...ever done in any line? TC-4...customizable from disney's BaD w/ a touch of added paint aps, DF_protocol17.jpg
R5-P8 and R7-A7...realisically done by disney BaD. https://www.amazon.com/Disney-Droid-Factory-R5-013-R2-C2/dp/B01F7EKJWM
R2-Q5...disney BaD...not sure, gotta double check https://www.rebelscum.com/Disney/Disney-Parks-Droid-Factory-2015-Assortment/IMAGE128.asp
grant it disney's lack feet wires and paint aps not the best

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree, most of these are good figures, but if I purchased them previously, its not likely that I'll pull the trigger again - same with TVC repaints. I have a feeling these will be clearance items soon enough, but they did say they're having a limited run, so perhaps they wont be too overproduced. I would have liked to see 5 POA go on hiatus with a decent send off assortment for TROS, instead they get no coverage...such a lackluster way to end this segment of collecting, and the Skywalker saga...

Reaction score
Hmmmm...do i want to spend 30 bucks just to get R7-A7?? Decisions, decisions.
Considering you might have to pay that on ebay just to get the Droid, you might as well get some junk included along with it.

Fortunately I already have the Droids I'm looking for so I can make a big pass on these. If they had included Droids I didn't have then they might haev been more compelling. The one I do find odd it the Clone set with only one BD, they could have at least swapped Thire out for a SBD or something else Separatist themed.

Honestly speaking if they really want to do sets right, bring back some of the of the HTF figures with a little more POA from TLC or TCW. Also try to get some of the mini-rigs out from those lines as well! If 5 figs and a droid make financial sense to them then why not 2 or 3 SA figures and Droid? Or 2 SA figures and 2 Droids? Or 2 figures, 1 Droids and a large accessory?

Reaction score
The one I do find odd it the Clone set with only one BD, they could have at least swapped Thire out for a SBD or something else Separatist themed.
That wouldn't make sense since it's a Galactic Republic set. OOM-10 was a reprogrammed Republic Battle Droid that led a squadron of BDs involved in the rescue of Jedi Master Even Piell.

Reaction score
The return of cheap 3.75" should have been great news. These figures are $6 each, less than half the price of TVC.

So are these aimed at kids? If so, why include some rare or never done before droid? - just to get sucker collectors to buy the whole pack for one figure?

If these were straight-up troop packs, i.e. 5 Stormtroopers for $30, they will sell like hot cakes. It would be like printing money for Hasbro.

A five pack of battle droids, or RFTs or Hoth Troopers. Come on Hasbro this should be pretty easy to understand.

Or a five pack of new figures, say from TROS, again would sell very well.

Reaction score
I think TC-4 was at one time considered fort TLC BaD line. I recall seeing a pic posted of a hasbro sponsored droid parts swap at a convention and TC-4 was on the poster. Anyone else recall that pic?

Reaction score
I went to pre-order a couple of the Galactic Empire sets at Best Buy yesterday and they wouldn't allow me to checkout. My card expires next month and they delicned payment with a note saying that due to upcoming expiration I needed to use another card. My new card hasn't come yet. Typically sites will allow a card to process in this situtation and you can update your payment method later. Guess I will wait a couple weeks and check back, or just hold off until they arrive in stores.

I like what they did with these sets. I also understand the issues being voiced. They're not perfect...but they could have been.

Reaction score
The return of cheap 3.75" should have been great news. These figures are $6 each, less than half the price of TVC.

So are these aimed at kids? If so, why include some rare or never done before droid? - just to get sucker collectors to buy the whole pack for one figure?

If these were straight-up troop packs, i.e. 5 Stormtroopers for $30, they will sell like hot cakes. It would be like printing money for Hasbro.

A five pack of battle droids, or RFTs or Hoth Troopers. Come on Hasbro this should be pretty easy to understand.

Or a five pack of new figures, say from TROS, again would sell very well.
That's exactly why those droids are included, to compel collectors to buy the set for a single figure. Packing one "new" figure in a multipack of repacks is a tactic that Hasbro claimed they would stop years ago - but they're pushing forward with it. This is the end of 5 POA, so no one should feel the need to support a line of repacks. Were these brand new figures, yes - I'd run out and buy a set of TROS figures, but not these. Many collectors that just want a droid or two will likely wait for clearance.

Reaction score
That wouldn't make sense since it's a Galactic Republic set. OOM-10 was a reprogrammed Republic Battle Droid that led a squadron of BDs involved in the rescue of Jedi Master Even Piell.
Okay, no need to whip out the nerd card and slap my face with it. ;)
I was merely saying that it could easily have been more "balanced" set, but once again that's Hasbro's biggest problem when they go with a theme. They trap themselves into a small box with limitations. I'm by no means a fan of the Battle Droids, but they have always doubled down on Clones while the opposition were heavily outnumbered.

Reaction score
Not interested in 5poa really. The droids are the most attractive part of these sets but I don't think I'm willing to pay full price just to get a droid or two.

Reaction score
Okay, no need to whip out the nerd card and slap my face with it. ;)
I was merely saying that it could easily have been more "balanced" set
No nerd card needed, Emily explained who OOM-10 was in the livestream and why it was included in the Galactic Republic themed set. I understand what you meant, but what Hasbro should have done (following the same logic as the other packs) is create a ninth set of "Separatists". Something along the lines of Count Dooku, General Grievious, Super Battle Droid, Battle Droid, & Destroyer Droid.

Reaction score
I wish the FO trooper had the riot gear. Getting hold of those accessories is a nightmare.

Reaction score
these are great starter figs for kids, affordable and usually plentiful. i just wish they would make them single carded again. $6-$7 price point. the Galaxy of adventure tubes almost had it right.

Reaction score
I will admit to not having watched the full stream, but...was there explicit discussion that this is a "we are putting a cheap 5POA line to bed with these" situation? I assume so, since everyone seems to be saying that. But I would love it if this is the opening salvo in a new line of $6-$8 figures to flesh out the Vintage Collection offers. I love articulation, but I love getting some depth even more.

Reaction score
I will admit to not having watched the full stream, but...was there explicit discussion that this is a "we are putting a cheap 5POA line to bed with these" situation?
Yes, twice from Emily
Available for a limited time and limited quantities, before they get placed into the vault.
To send out our 5poa line in style with us before we put it in the vault.

Reaction score
Hardly going out in style is it? There's nothing to stop more basic 3.75" being produced in the future, so pretty stupid to talk of a vault.

Reaction score
Hardly going out in style is it? There's nothing to stop more basic 3.75" being produced in the future, so pretty stupid to talk of a vault.
Exactly. I don't remember how they announced it after the Resistance line was released, but it was something to the effect of "we're not doing basic 5POA anymore, just TVC". And now there are these 5POA packs. So just because they're "putting stuff in a vault" doesn't mean we won't see more 5POA in a couple of years.

Reaction score
Yes, twice from Emily
Yep also Patrick asked Emíly at about 23:41 something like this, “ so Emily just to be clear if I am a fan of 5 POA, 3.75 line not including retro, these are going in the vault so this is my last chance to get them?” Emily: Yeah you better get on it Patrick”.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I preordered the Galactic Republic set. Mostly for OOM-10, but you can never have too many clone troopers, even if their joints don't bend. Haven't pulled the trigger on the Jedi set. I'd love a realistic version of R7-A7, but not for $30. I already have R5-P8 from the Disney Droid Factory set, and I have no idea who TC-4 is, so I'm passing on the rest.

Reaction score
Yeah, the "vault" is just a term that Funko uses for retired POP sculpts, and it seems Hasbro borrowed it to try and muster some interest before these go on hiatus. I try to give them some slack, but considering these are all old sculpts, its clear this last hurrah is just a cash grab. The "get em before they're gone" push is an old marketing tactic.

I wonder what Hasbro has planned if these sets are a success, and kids & collectors then start demanding NEW basic figures?!

Reaction score
Yeah, the "vault" is just a term that Funko uses for retired POP sculpts, and it seems Hasbro borrowed it to try and muster some interest before these go on hiatus. I try to give them some slack, but considering these are all old sculpts, its clear this last hurrah is just a cash grab. The "get em before they're gone" push is an old marketing tactic.

I wonder what Hasbro has planned if these sets are a success, and kids & collectors then start demanding NEW basic figures?!
Yep, Disney uses (or used) that term when DVDs were retired, they would come back after a few years.

Reaction score
Theoretically, it could be that these particular sculpts are going in the vault...so no re--packs of Kenobi, Kylo, Jango, etc etc. Not that ALL 5poa are going away for a few years.

But that's almost surely me just clutching at straws in the vain hopes they re-launch a line that would get us more background characters.

Reaction score
All sounds like Hasbro spin to me, and none of these sets hold any interest for me personally - droid or otherwise - but great for those who do like them, and have gaps In their collections they need plugging.

If Hasbro wanted my attention, they should have created new, never produced before figures from the most recent SW movie TROS (of which they have done next to nothing) or from The Mandalorian, or from R1, SOLO, or any SW movie / cartoon/ series that had gone before.

Just my two cents...

😕

Last edited:
Reaction score
All sounds like Hasbro spin to me, and none of these sets hold any interest for me personally - droid or otherwise - but great for those who do like them, and have gaps In their collections they need plugging.

If Hasbro wanted my attention, they should have created new, never produced before figures from the most recent SW movie TROS (of which they have done next to nothing) or from The Mandalorian, or from R1, SOLO, or any SW movie / cartoon/ series that had gone before.

Just my two cents...

😕
Gotta agree with Saddestmoon on this one.. these packs should have been all new figures to help reinvigorate the collectors and fans of action figures instead of just re-releases of figures from days past. Hasbro really dropped the ball on these.

Reaction score

Just my two cents...

😕
Gotta agree with Saddestmoon on this one.. these packs should have been all new figures to help reinvigorate the collectors and fans of action figures instead of just re-releases of figures from days past. Hasbro really dropped the ball on these.
A better last hurrah for 5POA should've been mostly TROS themed and released 1/ month --not all are complete accurate placings but anyways...
1) a Resistance ie "younger heroes"set,- Poe, Jannah, Finn, Rose, Resistance Trooper
2) an Alliance ie "older heroes"set, - Lando, Wedge, Leia, C-3po (red eyes), Lando (disguised)
3) a 1st order set- Jet trooper, Snowtroooper (w/cape), Admiral Griss, Kylo, Boolio
4) a sith eternal order set- Pryde, Gunner, Oohi, Sith Eternal Monk, Mustafar Knights (or whomever they were Kylo fought at begining of film)
5) a Skywalker/Jedi set- Luke (spirit) Leia (spirit), reformed Ben Solo, Leia (training), Luke (training)
6) a "Solo" set- Therm sissorhands, DRYDEN VOS, Maul, a random cloud rider, Han (Kessel disquise)
7) a TLJ set- Admiral Holdo, DJ (disquise), Luke (flashback), Lt Connix, Caretaker alien
8) a R1 set. Cassian (imp disquise), 2nd Two-tubes, Merrick, Zal Dinnes (female x-wing pilot),G2-1B7
9) a 2nd Solo set- Beckett (disguise), Mimban warrior, Lando (final Sabbac), Amon, Imperial Mimban Commander
10) a TFA set Lor San Tekka, Gen Leia, random Maz castle patron, Resistance spy droid, Jes (pilot)
11) a KNIGHTS OF REN set
12), Palpatine Family set- Rey's parents, Palpatine zombie, Empress Dark Rey, Resurested Palpatine
I hate 1 "new" droid in a $30 set. At least those were offered in a pre 5poa line or disney BaD except OOM-10 and TC-4 (easy paint touch up on a disney red BaD protocol)...in fact scanning ebay earlier, the disney park version of R5-P8 was listed BIN for $16 shipped, it's dirtier /darker than this Hasbro release but nonetheless an alternative. although, i don't think it's dome gun was included

Last edited:
Reaction score
To be fair, they aren't trying to reinvigorate 5POA, they're ending it. I wish I didn't have to buy all the repacks in order to get a few interesting droids, but I can't blame them for not developing new tooling for a line they're dropping.

Reaction score
Which begs the question - why release these at all if they're dropping the assortment? These weren't around during the release for TROS products, so why now? Why attempt to interest a group of consumers when you denied them the line for the last film? As we can see in other lines, TVC and TBS are swamped with repacks / repaints as well. To be frank, I think Hasbro has become a cheapskate company when it comes to the Star Wars brand - they've shown little interest in tooling new characters, especially in 3.75 scale, and would rather use old tools and attempt to resell everything in their catalog. The financial reports show that the brand is doing well for them, yet many of their actions seem to indicate the opposite. A brand full of repacked old products screams of desperation.

Reaction score
but do financial reports reflect what consumers (us) buy at walmart, EE or target? Or do the reports only reflect what hasbro sells to the middle man- walmart, target, EE etc?

Reaction score
Another agree here! I mean they already announced the end of the line for 5POA, so why pack in a bunch of figures most people already have with just one Droid that most also may already have. When these figures could have been the HTF ones like Quay Tolstay etc. with an all new Droid.

It's almost like saying you can't have Ice cream anymore but at the very last minute offer one last taste of the worst flavor there is.

Reaction score
but do financial reports reflect what consumers (us) buy at walmart, EE or target? Or do the reports only reflect what hasbro sells to the middle man- walmart, target, EE etc?
They aren't that specific, and tend to only gauge the brand as a whole, not particular lines or products. We do get some detail from Hasbro as to which lines are or aren't performing well, but its rarely much to go on. For example, they made the distinction that 5 POA was going to the vault but that it does not include Retro. Retro are cheap to sculpt and produce, and Hasbro charges more per figure, so they can do a smaller run and make a good profit. The basic line of 5-9POA figures are more costly, because they are original sculpts, not altered scans of Kenner figures. It seems like they want to put in the least amount of effort while remaining profitable, which might be good for a general business, but not one that depends on consumer relations, like Hasbro.

Reaction score
A TIE Pilot, Scout Trooper and Snowtrooper all in the same pack will likely compel me to get that set; at least. Sith set is a maybe. The others are passes for now.
As for the TIE Pilot, which one is it, exactly? Looks like the Solo one to me?