CE: Who's Attending

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
CE: Who\'s Attending

If you are planning to go sign our register!

I'll go first - I'll be there for the whole event.

Now, who is next?

Jeremy

Reaction score
Re: CE: Who\'s Attending

Oh well, as it is just 60 mins drive away, I suppose I better go

Reaction score

I plan to be there too.

Hopefully it will work out this time. I planned to be at c3 too, but had to cancel at last minute due some family stuff.

Reaction score

I'll be there, just got to get a date for it so i can book a hotel.

Reaction score

can't afford to goto celebration iv
so will definitely be there for celebration Europe!!

Reaction score

I'll be there, with family, representing this far side of Europe. I just hope the sky doesn't fall on my head in the meantime.

Reaction score

I'll be there. Got nothing else planned that week
. Just started a celebration savings jar.
About £2.50 in there so far....... lol. going to be a long year i can tell

Reaction score

Certainly hope to and also tie it in with a work trip to reduce travelling /hotel costs leaving more for goodies

Reaction score

Count me in, too close to pass up. Pay £2,700 a year for a season ticket on the trains to London might as well use it at the weekend as well

Reaction score

Tim32 said:
I'll be there, just got to get a date for it so i can book a hotel.
Book a hotel? Crikey how long will this thing last? I'd like to go, but I thought it'd be a couple of days, say a Saturday and Sunday, and that both days would be similar.

I hoped to get an early train on the Saturday, and head back home the same evening.

Also I hope we can book tickets in this country, coz I'm stuck if with have to use a credit card and book with some American firm.

I thought this would be like Memorabilia at the NEC, but just for Star Wars stuff, or am I very wrong?

Reaction score

Hi, pocoyo_joe

The reason im gunna book is because i dont want to get up super early to make the drive up to London from Portsmouth, i can also get in earlier also.

I think the event will last about 4 days or so but there is no official word on that.

Tim.

Reaction score

Wow, four whole days!

Will there really be something different on all four days?

Will it be worth going for the whole show, or if you only went for 1 day would you see pretty much everything?

I'd have to stay over-night myself, but the trains to London are pretty good from Crewe (normally), but if it was worth staying for the whole shabang, well that would alter my plans.

Having never been to any of the Celebration thingys in the US (indeed I've never been to the US full-stop), I don't really know how they work. Are they like the comic convention in Mark Hamill's film Comic-Book the Movie? Coz that seemed an awful lot like Memorabilia to me, only bigger.

Reaction score

If it's anything like Celebration III, you would never see the whole thing even with four days!!!

I do think this will be on a somewhat smaller scale though, so who knows.

If you have any questions about what happened at CIII just pm me and I'll be happy to answer them for you if I can.

Obi-Wan

Reaction score

i plan on going. as i am from the states, i could use a ton of help on this one. i have never been to Europe before. will there be hotel blocks for us as there are for celebrations in the U.S? any ideas on price for a room?

Reaction score

I dunno, it's a whole 30 mins on the train for me, then there's the tube which can get real stuffy, I'll have to think this one over.

Reaction score

Neil said:
I dunno, it's a whole 30 mins on the train for me, then there's the tube which can get real stuffy, I'll have to think this one over.
Want my advice, Neil? I think you shouldn't go at all. Such trouble to "just" see a bunch o' nerds drooling over some kidz'toyz called Star Wars, or whatever? Naawh...

Reaction score

I am from Chicago, but I would really like to come. It would be my first time overseas so I would need a lot of help. I guess it all depends on if my dealer friend goes. He would pay for a lot of my trip if I work for him.

Sounds like it will be a lot of fun!

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Luke said:
I am from Chicago, but I would really like to come. It would be my first time overseas so I would need a lot of help.
The US isn't all that different from the UK.

Sure, you guys drive on the wrong side of the road and prefer your beverages to be just above freezing but we are all one giant happy community after all.

Seriously though, there is hardly any culture shock when you travel accros the Atlantic. Most of the food, drink, clothing, stores, TV shows, restaurants, et al you are used are over here too. Our cars are smaller and driving in the UK might take a bit of getting over, but London has plenty of different forms of public transport that you'd never need put a foot on an accelerator peddle (that's what we call the gas pedal here).

[Edit: I have just started a CE: Not Just For Europeans thread to help people from outside of the Continent make their mind up.]

Jeremy

Reaction score

Count me in! I'll be there for sure! I live in Denmark and I can't afford going to C4 in LA, so this is a great opportunity for me!

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

RiseLordVader said:
Count me in! I'll be there for sure! I live in Denmark and I can't afford going to C4 in LA, so this is a great opportunity for me!
This, I think, was one of Lucasfilm's reasons for putting a Celebration in the UK.

Huzzah!

Jeremy

HWR

Reaction score

We are planning a trip to this convention, on the danish forum (where I'm still admin
). Expect some danish fans to show up, mostly female, as allways with events on our forum.

I do plan join them and be there too. If so, I would definatly like to meet some of my fella "Rebel Scumbags".

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

HWR said:
danish fans to show up, mostly female,
There's going to be girls there? Oh my!

Jeremy

Reaction score

HWR said:
Expect some danish fans to show up, mostly female, as allways with events on our forum.
Mm... Come to think of it, I gather I'll be leaving the wife at home...

Reaction score

I will be there for sure! It would have been impossible for me to go to the U.S celebration and it is too close to miss now. Cant wait to see London again too!

Reaction score

just so you guys know,

Me and Simo will probably be bringing a few Finnish collectors with us.

Warm up those Danish broads Henrik!!

lol

Dean.

Reaction score

European Site Moderators and Admin get to speak to the Finnish Girls first

Nick

Reaction score

Do undercover Euro mods count too ?

Reaction score

HWR said:
Expect some danish fans to show up, mostly female, as allways with events on our forum.
Wow, maybe I would like to attend these other events also!

I think I am more excited about CE than C4, although I wish they weren't so close together.
Andy

HWR

Reaction score

AndyL said:
HWR said:
Wow, maybe I would like to attend these other events also!

I think I am more excited about CE than C4, although I wish they weren't so close together.
Andy
Hehe. Those other events are not with RS, but the danish forum. When we have DVD maratons, attending conventions, or just meet up for a nerdy weekend, the women are almost allways in majority.