CE: Exclusives

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We don't know what the event exclusives will be but I'll bet there will be enough to fill more than one shopping bag. Speculate, suggest and report here.

Jeremy

stephane

Reaction score
About the Hasbro exclusive, we've got a POTF2 C-3PO in blue box and a Clonetrooper/Super BD 2-pack in the last Euro conventions.

I see well this time HASBRO offering an exclusive clonetrooper and maybe with an other character.

For myself I would prefer a multipack with characters of all 6 movies in a vintage style packaging.

Jose_Fiuza

Moff
Reaction score
Exclusives, or not, I'll be paying special atention to everything 'Yoda', Gentle Giant busts (any flavor) and more especially Kotobukiya's clone troopers (so far I only own a Yoda and the 501st trooper). If those happen to be exclusives, so much the better.

Reaction score
I would not hedge your bets on the same exclusives being rolled out from C4 for this show

Nick

Tion

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
How so?
I mean i would love to see some CE exclusives of our own but... im not sure if thats happening

David_Tree

High Admiral
Reaction score
Peter_S said:
If there are any exclusived, I am pretty sure they will be the same as at C4.
nope, they might be available, but CE will have it's own exclusives in it's own right

David_Tree

High Admiral
Reaction score
Tim32 said:
How so?
I mean i would love to see some CE exclusives of our own but... im not sure if thats happening
and what makes you say that???

Jose_Fiuza

Moff
Reaction score
Assuming that there'll be 'exclusives' (and I would be very much surprised if there weren't any...) who do you guys think could make them? Licensees from the US or european ones? Or both, even?

Reaction score
I believe that you find that most companies who have licence's for Star Wars stuff who want to display at the show, will have it written into they contracts for Licence's that they must produce exclusives for any major Star Wars events.

Nick

Jose_Fiuza

Moff
Reaction score
threedarths said:
I believe that you find that most companies who have licence's for Star Wars stuff who want to display at the show, will have it written into they contracts for Licence's that they must produce exclusives for any major Star Wars events.

Nick
Let me see if I understood you correctly. You say that SW licensees can only release an exclusive when it is specified in their contract?

Sorry, but I got lost somewhere while reading your reply...

AlrikFassbauer

Grand Moff
Reaction score
Tim32 said:
How so?
Sadly, I must agree.

For the last Jedi Con I expected something more than a simple repack of figures that were basically clearenced out in all shops of Germany (the Jedi Con was held in Germany).

I did hope that they wopuld have something better at the Jedi Con.

Alas, that didn't happen.

I do believe we Europeans deserve truly Exclusives like Jorg Sacul, the 501st Stormtroper, or the CIII Vader.

But on the other hand I don't see - sorry to be that harsh - any interest within Lucasfilm or within Hasbro to honour the numbers of European collectors with that, otherwise they would've done that during earlier european-wide conventions like the JediCon.

I can only believe what i can see, and what I can see are cheap, stupid repacks for the Europeans, meanwhile the Americans get truly unique exclusive figures.

"Ein Schelm, der Böses dabei denkt", as we say here in Germany. (It's a saying of great irony.)

The more I think about it, the more angry I become about it. To me, it appears as if the European collectors were far less important than American collectors.

I can see it with other items never (or only at insanely high prices) appearing on European markets, too.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
AlrikFassbauer said:
"Ein Schelm, der Böses dabei denkt
"A Schelm, which thinks bad thereby"?

You have to love Google's language tools!

I'm 99% positive that there will be exclusives because Cards Inc, who has the license for the event also has the European license for giftware so there will be items like bobbleheads, mugs, pins and such. But I suspect that the really sought-after exclusive will be the 3-3/4" toys. If Hasbro does any that is.

Jeremy

AlrikFassbauer

Grand Moff
Reaction score
I didn't use it !
Anyway, I would've used LEO instead.

Automatic translaters are kind of infamous here, because they are able to create stuff that *really* makes people ROFL here.

The problem with translating into other languages is, that the English language has a rather "shortened" grammar - compared to the grammar of more complex languages, like German, for example. Frederick Bodmer write in his book "The Loom of Language" that the German language currently is in a state that the English language was approx. 500 years ago.

By the way, this book has become one of my favourites, because it expains fairly well European languages, their origins and their grammar. Plus, several languages of the world.
I cannot say how "serious" this book is - in an academic sence - because I'm not very deep into linguistics. I simply love languages as a hobby.

And yes, sometimes I think faster than my fingers can follow on the keyboard ...

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You might also want to pick up Bill Bryson's "Mother Tongue"

Amazon.com

Jeremy

AlrikFassbauer

Grand Moff
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. Cologne has a small shop selling British goods, so I might ask them if they have it - otherwise I'll try an ordinary bookshop.

I'm not much a friend of online buying, though.

Real_Scooby

Sith Lord
Reaction score
What do you think they are the chance they would offer some current/future SWS exclusives like the the Lucas Collection or the upcoming Kanos/Jax set ?

Gsr0jedi

Grand Admiral
Reaction score
I think some of the companies will come and I hope they bring exclusive exclusives. GG has shown with the Blackhole Stormtrooper, they'll go across the globe to sell an exclusive, so I'd guess they could have something. Sideshow seems to have a big following in the UK and they do cater to them by having a European warehouse, so they could do something. MR & Acme, may not have something unique. Of course, this is all speculation and should be taken with a grain of salt.

AlrikFassbauer

Grand Moff
Reaction score
4-Inches pointed out to an interesting detail : They write that Hasbro is making exclusives - there is a plural form.

So, I believe there is some slight chance Europe could finally see it's own exclusive.

To put it rather extreme (with my typical tendency towards ranting), I could say, if this is true, then Europe as a collecting place seems to finally get the respect it deserves.

amdevil

Grand Moff
Reaction score
when GG does an exclusive bust, the price is about 50 dollars. on that same theme, an autograph for a US show is usually around 20 - 25 dollars depending on who it is. fisher is usually 40 dollars and i paid 90 dollars for a mark hamill autograph a few years back at SDCC. any info on prices for exclusives and autographs? thqanks for the help, ill see you in july

kevstarkie

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
GG Busts retail for £40 here but an exclusive here might run to £50, not too sure on how much autos will cost though.

Jose_Fiuza

Moff
Reaction score
I'll be after the GG mini-busts I don't have. Exclusive or not. £50 for a potential exclusive is a bargain, seeing as that is the price a "normal" mini-bust goes for, here.

amdevil

Grand Moff
Reaction score
Jose_Fiuza said:
I'll be after the GG mini-busts I don't have. Exclusive or not. £50 for a potential exclusive is a bargain, seeing as that is the price a "normal" mini-bust goes for, here.
thats around 100 dollars for an exclusive. not exactly a bargain in my eyes, but thats the way it goes i guess. thanks again for the help

kevstarkie

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
It will always work out more expensive for our US friends though. I think I saw a report in the paper the other day with countries average hourly wage, we in the UK were close to or just above £6 an hour where I think the US is $2.50 or something stupid.

Jose_Fiuza

Moff
Reaction score
Speaking of hourly wages, mine is around 65 EUR (about USD 82.46 or GBP 43.78).

"6.00 GBP" = 8.90952 EUR

Is this right? I thought your average hourly income was higher!

amdevil

Grand Moff
Reaction score
170.000 USD a year is a solid income. im sure you can buy any exclusive you want

Real_Scooby

Sith Lord
Reaction score
Jose_Fiuza said:
Speaking of hourly wages, mine is around 65 EUR (about USD 82.46 or GBP 43.78).

"6.00 GBP" = 8.90952 EUR

Is this right? I thought your average hourly income was higher!
65.- per HOUR ???

What the hell is your job ?

I get around 10.- per hour and I am one of the higher paid ones at the local branch of the concern.

kevstarkie

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Did I say average, I meant to say minimum. £6 is the minimum wage here, of course a lot more people make way more than that.

Jose_Fiuza

Moff
Reaction score
Did I say 65 EUR an hour? Sorry Peter, I meant 'a day' (which is officially 7 hours; actually I work longer hours...).

So you see, you make more money than I do, and I have a family of four to support...

craggy

High Admiral
Reaction score
I thought minimum wage was something like £4.50 or a fiver an hour? Pretty sure it must be, or there are tons of employers looking to get a visit from the govt.
Depending on whereabouts in the country I'd say £6 an hour is about average. I get £6.75 or so at the moment and am having a hell of a time finding a job that I want to do that pays more.
I just about [censored] when I saw 65 an hour! That's pimping prices.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm betting that Cards Inc will be producing most of the exclusives, so look to their back catalogue to get some idea of what we'll see.

Jeremy

humorbot5

Commodore
Reaction score
Ah Man.

Those are all measly repacks...

I hope we get somehting better than any of those... Like any of the American Celabration's... They weren't just repacks... they had cool extras like a George Lucas head or a Talking base.... Not like that Anakin one or the Clone/Droid one where they were just straight repacks into new packaging.

BenJ

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
I would love it if hasbro done some kind of exclusive for CE with the palitoy logo or even a tri logo variation that would seriously get people across seas feeling very jealous and foaming at the mouth

emotionalvampire

High Admiral
Reaction score
Na, they would be able to buy them on eBay the same day of the event and save time queing, paying for enterance etc! lol

humorbot5

Commodore
Reaction score
emotionalvampire said:
Na, they would be able to buy them on eBay the same day of the event and save time queing, paying for enterance etc! lol
They'd be writing bad reviews of the figures before we've eaten lunch...

karnorjax

Grand Moff
Reaction score
Well the first exclusives are the promo postcards

I have the first four and the 5th was on the 2nd email ( falcon over houses of parliment)