CE concern/request

Reaction score
Mister_Gosh said:
I hope that it's more clear how that might look like it had become a game of one-upsmanship, and how it might seem like you were discounting the opinions of someone who was not as "bought in" as you. You say that that's not what you were trying to do, cool. I wasn't trying to be as provocative as you read my intentions either, so how about we call it even?
Yes, it does make it clearer. This is a friendly discussion, and it would be a boring world if everyone always agreed on everything without any deviation.

My very original point was to illustrate someone with a vested interest as opposed to someone with no vested interest. In other words if I had no LE’s at all it would not affect me at all if I perceive LE’s to be reissued. If I do have LE’s it does affect me if I perceive the LE’s are being re-released. It is not an I have more than someone else issue to me; but that I do have a substantial vested interest.

The debated perceived logic would be -- If I only had one or two LE’s I might be more open to buying the CE’s to save money from having to buy the retired LE’s. If I’ve already purchased all of the LE’s why would I want CE’s for objects I already own if I perceive them to adversely affect my LE’s?

LM1

Reaction score
Have been sitting back and reading all about the LE/CE topic, and finally here's my two "bobs" worth!!!!

There is truth to both arguements from a certain point of view, but I tend to lean towards being in favour of the CE's, both for sabers that have been released as LE's in the past and those yet to surface.

All my sabers are LE's, made up of both Vader and Anakin sabers, so my collection isn't huge, and my reasons for leaning towards being in favour of the CE's are as follows:

1. The LE's are LE's, and if you have one, well you know its part of a limited run. Regardless if there are 1000's of CE's out there, yours is of superior quality and you've got the documentation to prove it. Another way of looking at it, you want a PORSCHE but cant afford it, so what do you do? You go out and buy a PORSCHE fibreglass kit, throw in a VW engine and WOW you the owner of a PORSCHE. It just not the same thing, the value will be no where near that of a "REAL ONE", but most importantly YOU know its not the real thing...

2. I was a late bloomer, when it came to MR so I missed out when the sabers that I do own initially came out. Fortunately, I was in a good financial position and prepared to pay that little extra to get the LE's that I wanted, but for those out there who are not, why should they be deprived of the enjoyment that we have all had in owning a little piece of the Star Wars Universe. Again I point out that their version will be a CE and not LE's as we all have. This leads me to the next point...

3. ECONOMICS. So far ALL my experiences with MR and their products have been good and as a result I want to continue to be able to to purchase what they have to offer. Sure, they MUST continue to look after their loyal customer base, but lets face it, the number of products available with any popular movie/theme are limited, and taking the sabers as an example, the limited LE runs in relation to the sabers that most people know and WANT are probably almost up, so what does MR do now, succeed financially on it reputation alone!!!! Sure they have other lines but Star Wars, I would think, would have to be close to their top line, or atleat their most sought after line. EU sabers may do well, but financially speaking they need to generate $$$, providing customers with CE sabers from characters they know. As my dad once said, "It is better to make $1 from 100 people, than $100 from 1 person". No $$, no MR and no more goodies for us!!!!

4. What I collect is for my enjoyment and while, appreciation in $$ values is preferred, its not the be all and end all of my collecting exercise...

There you have it, my 2 "bobs" worth. Like I said I see both sides of the arguement, sway more towards one, but after all is said and done, the CE line may not even eventuate!!!!!

BUT TAKE NOTE MR....

Should you release LE's of Sabers already released as LE's, well, MAY THE LORD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOULS!!!!!!!!!

Enough of my ramblings, I'm going to bed!!!!!

Reaction score
Good post!

I agree with point 1. I understand and accept the view in point 2. I don’t completely agree with point 3 because I think they still have more things they can make that are also desirable without needing to keep repeating themselves with releasing the same items over and over. Point 4 I ignore because that has never been an element in any of my own personal collecting, ever.

Reaction score
CHObiWan said:
Man, I could care less about value, I just want my Obi-Wan Evolution set!!!!
I have my Evolution set in LE format. No need for CE rehashes.

Reaction score
^^
No need for you, but myself and plenty of others would love to see them.

I fully support the CEs and hope to see a lot more of them. I have the Qui-Gon saber and I love it, and feel it's totally worth the $160 I paid for it. The LEs in my opinion were never worth their price.

Reaction score
JediMisfit138 said:
I have the Qui-Gon saber and I love it, and feel it's totally worth the $160 I paid for it. The LEs in my opinion were never worth their price.
I’m the exact opposite, if I’m going to pay as much as $160 for a lesser product I’d hate myself for not going all the way for the real thing.

Reaction score
But what makes the LE so much better? The difference in materials doesn't matter to me, as it's just going to spend it's life on a shelf. From everything I've seen the CE and LE look identical, and that's all I care about. I want an accurate looking saber. I also don't care at all about a number, and the case isn't a big enough incentive for me to buy an LE either. So with all that, the CE is perfect for what I'm looking for. I think the LEs should've had CE prices to begin with.

Reaction score
countpooku said:
CHObiWan said:
Man, I could care less about value, I just want my Obi-Wan Evolution set!!!!
I have my Evolution set in LE format. No need for CE rehashes.
Yeah, not for you!!

But I dont have enough money to spend $1000+ just on Star Wars props. I bet others on these boards are the same way!

Go CEs!!! Wooh!!

Reaction score
Yeah. Some people are young collectors who, even if they wanted to buy the LE's could not afford them now, or possibly ever with the way prices rise over the years.
I'd like to put this whole LE vs CE into a different light. I'd like to compare it with those goofy pokemon cards. LE's are like that 1st edition Charizard that all the kids wanted but could probably never get. CE's are like the 2nd and 3rd editions. People still wanted it, but it was never as cool as that grand daddy 1st edition. You might have gotten your 2nd or 3rd edition Charizard, but damn how you still wanted that 1st edition.
You can look at the lightsabers the same way IMO.

Reaction score
GrenadeKing said:
Yeah. Some people are young collectors who, even if they wanted to buy the LE's could not afford them now, or possibly ever with the way prices rise over the years.
All of us had to start from somewhere, even when we were still young and couldn’t afford everything right at the get go. Like all luxury items you need to work into it.

Reaction score
Shadow said:
All of us had to start from somewhere, even when we were still young and couldn’t afford everything right at the get go. Like all luxury items you need to work into it.
Absolutely. If I was a teenage collector, I'd be passing on most of the high end MR items because they aren't feasible to buy. It's like buying your first car...not many go out and buy a new BMW or Lexus. The same thing goes for high end collectibles - you buy what you can afford and pass on the things out of reach.

Reaction score
Exactly. CE's are more feasible to the crowd that cant afford the higher end stuff. Even though they really want it, its just not something they can get right away. If they have the drive, they'll get that grand daddy prop of theirs down the line when they can afford it.
Myself, if they release and Anakin ATOC as a CE, I would buy it. Its a good representation of the prop for a price that I can afford right now. Somewhere down the line, I'll still pick up that LE though if the opportunity presents itself. The LE will always have the mystique about it that Limited Editions carry.

Reaction score
Well they could always release a new line of FX lightsabers with removeable blades, with higher quality hilts that you can use to costume with, and include the covertech belt clip to hang the PT lightsabers off your belt.

I would like some sort of good looking, affordable, licensed lightsaber prop replicas of some of the PT lightsabers. I'm in it for the lightsabers, not because they're collectibles.

Reaction score
sumdumgai said:
Well they could always release a new line of FX lightsabers with removeable blades, with higher quality hilts that you can use to costume with, and include the covertech belt clip to hang the PT lightsabers off your belt.

I'm with you there!!

Reaction score
I collect a little of everything and I agree that the CE line should have continued. I collect customs, LE's, Resins, pretty much any saber I can get my hands on. I like them all. I dont think that Master Replica ment that the CE line was gone for good when they released the statement. I think it was just stated that the CE line was canceled for 2007, maybe years down the road it will be back, and maybe it wont. If they do then good, it does give people the chance to get sabers that can't afford the higher end ones. I am lucky enough to be able to get almost any priced saber (within reason) because I've worked hard to get where I am in life, but some people will need time to get there and I think they have the right just as much as a LE of SE collector to own nice versions of sabers. Atleast the people buying the CE line were still supporting MR and its retailers. They could have easily got a custom and not helped MR to make money, but they didnt they supported MR. For that reason I give them praise. I own customs myself but choose to buy MR sabers to support them so they can continue to make props for us. Master Replica should find a medium that they can cater to all collectors or they will end up going belly-up. Just making runs of Limited Editions will not keep them in business forever. Things change, people change, and belive me, as a business man, BUSINESS changes. Maybe not now, and maybe not for 07 but in the future they will have to try other ways to make money and please all collectors. Unless once they make all the sabers LE that we plan on just donating money to them for free, and I dont see that happening..... Anyway I could go on forever about this. The CE line gone, maybe now, forever, No I dont think so...... The sith were gone for how long, and they returned!! LOL to all collectors.
MasterRoyce
MTFBWY

Reaction score
masterroyce said:
I collect a little of everything and I agree that the CE line should have continued. I collect customs, LE's, Resins, pretty much any saber I can get my hands on. I like them all. I dont think that Master Replica ment that the CE line was gone for good when they released the statement. I think it was just stated that the CE line was canceled for 2007, maybe years down the road it will be back, and maybe it wont. If they do then good, it does give people the chance to get sabers that can't afford the higher end ones. I am lucky enough to be able to get almost any priced saber (within reason) because I've worked hard to get where I am in life, but some people will need time to get there and I think they have the right just as much as a LE of SE collector to own nice versions of sabers. Atleast the people buying the CE line were still supporting MR and its retailers. They could have easily got a custom and not helped MR to make money, but they didnt they supported MR. For that reason I give them praise. I own customs myself but choose to buy MR sabers to support them so they can continue to make props for us. Master Replica should find a medium that they can cater to all collectors or they will end up going belly-up. Just making runs of Limited Editions will not keep them in business forever. Things change, people change, and belive me, as a business man, BUSINESS changes. Maybe not now, and maybe not for 07 but in the future they will have to try other ways to make money and please all collectors. Unless once they make all the sabers LE that we plan on just donating money to them for free, and I dont see that happening..... Anyway I could go on forever about this. The CE line gone, maybe now, forever, No I dont think so...... The sith were gone for how long, and they returned!! LOL to all collectors.
MasterRoyce
MTFBWY
It is no one's fault that new prop collectors were not in the game back in 2002 and I'm sure there are plenty of us here that paid more for some MR items than the retail price. The CE line was an easy escape from the real world. Its simple, if you can't pay for what you want, then your simply not going to have it.

Reaction score
Jedi_Rainman said:
masterroyce said:
MasterRoyce
MTFBWY
It is no one's fault that new prop collectors were not in the game back in 2002 and I'm sure there are plenty of us here that paid more for some MR items than the retail price. The CE line was an easy escape from the real world. Its simple, if you can't pay for what you want, then your simply not going to have it.
right....

Reaction score
Speak for yourself...I think most people here would back me up and say that "you" are the jerk

Reaction score
Burn!!!!

I'm sorry if I'm a jerk and you've become offended because I've shown the reasons to hate the CE line to be bunk. I'm sorry that you love the value of your props more than the characters they represent. I'm sorry you base the opinions of others on the amount of money they have spent and not the rational of their thinking.

Seriously bro. You ignored everything that masterryoce said and replied with nothing more than "too bad, that’s not the way it is." Well Chief, 3 weeks ago that was the way it was. But thanks to the loud irrational crying of some LE owners and MR picking a bad strategy for CE release, that's not a posibility anymore. (Let’s forget how bad the FX’s did in their first incarnations though, we wouldn’t want to use the example of MR continuing to support a product that failed in its first outing to use against the discontinuation of the CE line.) I won’t be supporting MR directly because I know they can make great representations of their sabers at a lower price but have been swayed not too.

Reaction score
Wow...what a rant...

Sounds to me that your just ticked that the whole CE line got cancelled so you feel the need to come here and take out your rage out on everyone who was against it. I don't have a problem with anyone Grouch, not even you, as I tend to get along with everyone. But even I have to take my stand on where to draw the line. MR may have cancelled the line, but we have no way of knowing if thats permananetly or for a few years. As for the "thats the way it is" comment, I've always said that.

Reaction score
Grouch,

If i were you dude,id go out and buy non MR custom props,because IMO they are both cheaper and more accurate than a lot of the MR offerings.The only prop parts that MR did do better than most customs were the grips on the Vader and Luke sabers,which were quite simply an amazing job
I do understand where you are coming from,but at the end of the day the decision has been made.I wholly agree with the basis of your argument,but to be honest nothing is going to change.Before i quit i was collecting customs and it is a whole lot more fun to construct something yourself,which is on a par with a LE than go out and spend $150 upwards for a CE version of a saber.You can buy a Graflex conversion kit for $125 which blows the MR Graflex based sabers out of the water IMO,the MR versions being exclusive products that are licensed-that is the only difference.

FWIW,JR is a good guy,and is a respectable and dedicated collector.Everyone has a right to an opinion,and they need to be respected.You have to understand where he is coming from,and beleive me ive seen some of the prices he and some other guys here have paid for some of their MR items.It isnt a question of monetary value to many,but moreso a question of honesty and truth on the part of MR.The LE were made as just that(limited editions),and MR seriously moved the goalposts when announcing a CE line.

Time to move on and start along the lines of non MR props mate,its a lot more fun

Peace out!

Lee

Reaction score
You also gotta understand the real "Master Replicas Promise" that was sold to us back in 2002.

Master Replicas Promise to you: Once a prop is retired....it's gone FOREVER.

The only thing that is now gone forever is the MR Promise that they deleted from Master Replicas website a little while before the Elite Line was introduced. So please forgive me, if we feel we have been continually lied to by MR.

Reaction score
Jedi_Rainman said:
Wow...what a rant...

Sounds to me that your just ticked that the whole CE line got cancelled so you feel the need to come here and take out your rage out on everyone who was against it. I don't have a problem with anyone Grouch, not even you, as I tend to get along with everyone. But even I have to take my stand on where to draw the line. MR may have cancelled the line, but we have no way of knowing if thats permananetly or for a few years. As for the "thats the way it is" comment, I've always said that.
I am a disappointed that the CE line was canceled But I rant no more than any one who hated the CE did. Will it stop me from getting the props that represent my favorite characters? Not in the least.

Reaction score
Kenwood said:
You also gotta understand the real "Master Replicas Promise" that was sold to us back in 2002.

Master Replicas Promise to you: Once a prop is retired....it's gone FOREVER.

The only thing that is now gone forever is the MR Promise that they deleted from Master Replicas website a little while before the Elite Line was introduced. So please forgive me, if we feel we have been continually lied to by MR.
Do you feel lied to by MR because of the minis? They are exact (scaled) replications of the LEs.

Reaction score
I wish the CE line was still going, but all of you need to stop arguing!!! Its over, and thats that! Stop arguing about how awesome it is for the line to be gone! You got your wish, so stop ranting!!! Just post your opinion and shut up! Just stop! I think a lot of us have had enough! I mean come on people, were getting a little crazy here. Were arguing over a Star Wars product! Yes, Star Wars is a great thing, but I think some of you are going a little overboard here. Enough is enough. Please, end the fights.

So, what Im saying here is post your opinion, and thats enough. No need to beat up everyone not agreeing with you. We are being irrational people right now!! This is a death of a product line, not the death of George Lucas!

So, all in all, please stop. Or whatever. You dont need to listen to me, Im just giving some advice....

CHO