CE Collectors Social

ChrisGeorgoulias

Emperor's Hand
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

The Social is tentatively scheduled for Friday night at 6 PM. We're hoping to get one of the terrace rooms overlooking the water, but we'll see.

Hopefully we'll have more info shortly, but it's been this long now and I at least wanted to put it out there. We had fantastic turnout at the C4 Social, so don't be shy.

What do we do? It's just a big room where everyone can meet up and talk. I suspect for many people it will be their first time meeting so many folks from the forums. We'll have name tags to help people recognize each other, but also don't be afraid to drag someone around and introduce them. Or walk up and introduce yourself.

Cheers!

-chris

Lee_Gray

Moff
Reaction score
looks like friday will be a long day for me then as I will be leaving around 7 in the morning to get to the event....but you only live once and may well be only time get to meet up with forum buddies!

Nick_Macarty

Grand Moff
Reaction score
I'll be there Chris.

Do you want me to introduce myself, or will you recognise me?

-Nick

BradP

Grand Admiral
Reaction score
I will be there...guess I will introduce my self....cant wait to meet everyone...I met a few people back at C3..but that is ages ago...... see ya in a few

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've stil lgot my nametag from the C3 one

Jeremy

JohnA

Emperor
Reaction score
damon5973 said:
I will be there...guess I will introduce my self....cant wait to meet everyone...I met a few people back at C3..but that is ages ago...... see ya in a few
You're only 1 1/2 hours from where I live and I'm going to meet you in London. How ironic.

John

BenJ

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Well I will be going to this one to meet some fellow collectors, it will feel just like my first day of school not knowing anyone

JohnA

Emperor
Reaction score
Ben,

skywalker_1982 said:
Well I will be going to this one to meet some fellow collectors, it will feel just like my first day of school not knowing anyone
It's too late now but some of you guys should have started using real names a while ago. I had no idea what your real name even was until I just checked your proile. Be prepared to make lots of introductions as skywalker_1982.

John

BenJ

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
lol john
Well I suppose I could make my own vintage style badge during the week

BradP

Grand Admiral
Reaction score
hour and a half???? that is nothing..are you north or south??

I have been thinking abouth changing my screen name to my real name..

anyway..its Brad...

ChrisGeorgoulias

Emperor's Hand
Reaction score
Lee_Gray said:
looks like friday will be a long day for me then as I will be leaving around 7 in the morning to get to the event....but you only live once and may well be only time get to meet up with forum buddies!
Lee, I think the convention circuit veterans will tell you that the average amount of sleep per night is 4-5 hours.

-chris

BradG

Ensign
Reaction score
I will be there. this sounds like alot of fun

My name is BradG

JohnA

Emperor
Reaction score
BradP said:
hour and a half???? that is nothing..are you north or south??

I have been thinking abouth changing my screen name to my real name..

anyway..its Brad...
I know your name. You bought stuff from me before.
Yeah man, I'm in Jersey. I was in Bayonne until a week ago. I'm in Clifton now. Not too far at all.

John

JohnA

Emperor
Reaction score
ChrisGeorgoulias said:
Lee, I think the convention circuit veterans will tell you that the average amount of sleep per night is 4-5 hours.

-chris
Chris is being generous. I think it's more like 2-5. If I get a 6 hour night I consider it lucky. Hell, I've got a 6 hour flight in and after the time change I wind up landing at 7:00AM. If I get 2-3 hours sleep I'll be lucky.

John

BradP

Grand Admiral
Reaction score
Well I can sleep anywhere..so the plane is gonna be catchup time for me...both ways...

I have 2 kids now..one is 6 weeks old so I am used to now sleep

JohnA

Emperor
Reaction score
Lee_Bullock said:
I shall be there to bring the tone down as usual...
I'll just look for the dark, depressed guy wearing a Hell Hammer shirt.

John

Lee_Bullock

Grand Moff
Reaction score
JohnA said:
Lee_Bullock said:

John
Hahahahahaha for I am actually gonna wear my Apocalyptic Raids shirt!! I am going to be as conspicious as a fart in a lift!!

Daniel_Bornheim

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
I`ll be there as well.

Hope you guys understand my studering English.

Daniel

JohnA

Emperor
Reaction score
At_Daniel said:
I`ll be there as well.

Hope you guys understand my studering English.

Daniel
That's what Mattias is for.

John

Henrik_Berndt

Admiral
Reaction score
So where is it gonna be? know it's been five years but it would be fun to meet again.

Henrik

Reaction score
Henrik_Berndt said:
So where is it gonna be? know it's been five years but it would be fun to meet again.
Hey Henrik, I think it will be in the Collector's Panel room in the convention center.
I didn't know you were coming
Hope to see you there, I'll try to remember to bring your AFD

Mattias

BenJ

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Looking at the schedule the social hour starts at 6-6:45pm so are any of you generally planning to attend the opening ceremony to see the "emperor" at 6:30pm??

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Good point, I wonder why an overlap was planned. DOn't they want the SWCA peeps heckling Ian?

Jeremy

Henrik_Berndt

Admiral
Reaction score
Mattias_Rendahl said:
Henrik_Berndt said:
Hey Henrik, I think it will be in the Collector's Panel room in the convention center.
I didn't know you were coming
Hope to see you there, I'll try to remember to bring your AFD

Mattias
You've lost it, admit it....

I'm taking Per with me, and we are staying at my inlaws in Wimbledon, but I would like to meet everybody again. That, of course, does not include any of you Swedes, as I see you much too often...

Henrik

ChrisGeorgoulias

Emperor's Hand
Reaction score
Lee_Bullock said:
JohnA said:
Lee_Bullock said:

John
Hahahahahaha for I am actually gonna wear my Apocalyptic Raids shirt!! I am going to be as conspicious as a fart in a lift!!
That CD is actually in the line-up I've been listening to at work recently.

-chris

ChrisGeorgoulias

Emperor's Hand
Reaction score
Jeremy said:
Good point, I wonder why an overlap was planned. DOn't they want the SWCA peeps heckling Ian?
I think Gus thought it was the best time, plus he was told the Ceremonies started at 7 PM.

However, this will be my 5th Celebration event and I haven't been to opening ceremonies once. You aren't missing anything, just a formal declaration that there's a convention and maybe some silly antics and a bunch of people in costume.

-chris

RobSidious

Rear Admiral
Reaction score
I will be there, Chris. I'll be the one dressed as either Darth Vader or Ep III Obi-Wan. ( that's if I've not gone back to the hotel to change into something more comfy!)

Rob.

BenJ

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
ChrisGeorgoulias said:
[
You aren't missing anything, just a formal declaration that there's a convention and maybe some silly antics and a bunch of people in costume.
-chris
There was steve sansweet in a ewok costume during CIV but apart from that, the piece of cake with cool plastic rings and the bomb alert there was nothing too cracking.

Shane Turgeon

Grand Admiral
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to this! I had to leave early for the ones at C4 and C3 so this is nice that it's at the end of the day.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
ChrisGeorgoulias said:
You aren't missing anything, just a formal declaration that there's a convention and maybe some silly antics and a bunch of people in costume.
And Steve falling off the stage and nearly breaking his ankle at C3.

Jeremy

Lee_Gray

Moff
Reaction score
Anyone know if there will be another get together outside of excel before everyone goes back home next week as would be great to meet up with everyone again

Brody_Walker

High Admiral
Reaction score
Lee_Gray said:
Anyone know if there will be another get together outside of excel before everyone goes back home next week as would be great to meet up with everyone again
I'd be interested if something like this was on too. I unforgivably missed the Friday night get-together as I had no idea where the collectors rooms were, or that they even existed in the first place!

Brody