Cave of Evil 3 Pack

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
I had to go to two different Targets, and give them the DCPI. Each time they were the back. The first Target had five, but the worker would only bring out one at a time. She brought what she said were the two best, and they were both so bad that I thought I'd better try another Target. The second had an acceptable Yoda, but Luke was a mess. Since all the Lukes look bad, I went ahead. Yoda's the only reason to go for this.

Reaction score
I gave Luke's hair a slightly darker wash and also noticed my Luke's eyes were missing the little "twinkle" that the photo-real heads posses. So I gave him a literal pin prlck of some light grey in each pupil. Honestly, this head looks great after the two little details I added. From certain angles, it's a total dead ringer for Luke on Dagobah with the sweaty, shaggy and unkept hair and worn down and exhausted facial expression.

I honestly think the set is a lot better once you get Yoda out and tinker with his robe and posture. He is really good. And just adding a slight wash and darker highlights to Luke's hair and the light reflection/sparkle in his pupils improved the head on Luke x100. Still don't think the set is worth $40 when it mostly all repacks. Kind of crazy when you consider the Skiff is the same price! But I do think if you can score one for $25 or less, nab it!

PHOTOS BELOW in spoiler tag. Some photos are blurry/out of focus, but you get the overall feel of how he looks regardless

Reaction score
Thanks to Darth Brett’s terrific picks I picked this set up and glad I did. And for everyone not in the know you can text Target out of there toy book and get a immediate 25# off any single item. So you can knock this set down to $30.00 + tax.

Reaction score
Would have been a must buy for me with if it came with an actual...uh...cave. Not enough officially licensed Dagobah diorama stuff out there.

Reaction score
Had they released a Dagobah playset, I think many would have overlooked the flawed figures. Its certainly on the top of my list, now that we have a Jabba's Palace playset - following that would be the Emperors throne room from ROTJ, which is next on my wishlist. I'm not sure there should be two playsets at retail concurrently - they shouldn't divide potential holiday sales - perhaps next year?

Reaction score
Bring back the classic dagobah playset with a super detailed all new paint app and add a few extra’s and I think this would really sell. Cmon Hasbro let’s celebrate ESB 40th anniversary with this classic playset. :)

Reaction score
As a European collector I do not wanna pay 70+ EUR for this set. Target doesn't ship to parcel forwarders...but I wonder: The Han (Stormtrooper) also was a Target exclusive, or? And now it's available everywhere. What do you think? Wait a bit until it is sold via other channels or is being reduced in price?

Reaction score
As a European collector I do not wanna pay 70+ EUR for this set. Target doesn't ship to parcel forwarders...but I wonder: The Han (Stormtrooper) also was a Target exclusive, or? And now it's available everywhere. What do you think? Wait a bit until it is sold via other channels or is being reduced in price?
Anything is possible but Target has had these special 3-pack sets out before and they never showed up at any other retailer. I do suspect some won’t sell though and most likely will hit a clearance price after Christmas if there are any left. So I would wait it out if you are looking to pick it up at some kind of reduced price. I can tell you the Yoda is the best looking Yoda figure I have ever seen. Good luck pal, :)

Reaction score
I saw one of these at Target tonight. I didn't even touch it.

Reaction score
I didn't even touch it.
Good move(s) dodging this set.

I'd argue, with the exception of Yoda, both the 2001 Vision Vader and the 2004 OTC Luke are superior versions. With a set of new arms the current Luke could be the base for a great Dagobah Training Luke, though. Maybe going back to swivel elbows in this case would better allow for the backpack holding pose than a ball-hinged joint.

Reaction score
I gave Luke's hair a slightly darker wash and also noticed my Luke's eyes were missing the little "twinkle" that the photo-real heads posses. So I gave him a literal pin prlck of some light grey in each pupil. Honestly, this head looks great after the two little details I added. From certain angles, it's a total dead ringer for Luke on Dagobah with the sweaty, shaggy and unkept hair and worn down and exhausted facial expression.

I honestly think the set is a lot better once you get Yoda out and tinker with his robe and posture. He is really good. And just adding a slight wash and darker highlights to Luke's hair and the light reflection/sparkle in his pupils improved the head on Luke x100. Still don't think the set is worth $40 when it mostly all repacks. Kind of crazy when you consider the Skiff is the same price! But I do think if you can score one for $25 or less, nab it!

PHOTOS BELOW in spoiler tag. Some photos are blurry/out of focus, but you get the overall feel of how he looks regardless

I love the subtle detail that you provided there.

Anything for Yoda?

Reaction score
These are in good supply now, one of my local Target had 11 of them, 9 mint and 2 slightly damaged...

Reaction score
Went to Target looking for the TMNT 2 packs, nothing there so I strolled over to the star wars aisle. Saw atleast 6 of these on the peg. I'll stop by tomorrow to grab one.

Reaction score
I went ahead and got one using the 25% coupon that expires tomorrow. Yoda is a definite improvement and I didn’t have the other two figures, so for $30 I bit.

Reaction score
I just can't get over Luke's face, after seeing it in person. He reminds me of Prince Adam / He-Man, or the first POTF2 head sculpt used for several Luke figures, with the lips sort of parted. (I used to like sticking my thumbnail into those parted lips 🤭)

I do like the idea of the hair being separate, so that it can be colored better, as long as it's glued down correctly.

Reaction score
My sister texted me a picture of one in the store a week or two back and I said pick it up. Then I found out it was $40 and I had to tell her to take it back.

The skiff guard three pack was individually carded and had the same price. It also had the correct movie on the package. Why are three repacked old
figures with barely an update the same price.

This should be a $30 set, $34.99 max. It’s $40 just because screw you.

Reaction score
Its $40 because Hasbro likes to milk collectors with the bare minimum effort. The set should run $30 at the most, and Luke's arms should have been replaced before release. Theres simply no excuse for overcharging, especially when the sculpts aren't upgraded properly.

Reaction score
Might bite at $30 if I had a coupon and the store has the item at the same time. Oh but wait I forgot it still doesn’t say Empire Strikes Back. Pass.

Reaction score
Here's my Yoda custom.

Using the new figure's head and arms with TBS Yoda's body, legs, belt, and outer cloak (trimmed). Plus VOTC Yoda necklace and inner skirt. It's a full head shorter than the new Yoda.
I'm confused, because I thought this was the same figure as the Black Series, only with an updated head. Is that not the case? I was going to say why swap all the parts if it's the same figure?