Cave of Evil 3 Pack

Reaction score
Luke doesn't have the other set of hands?

I guess I'm just going to hope for a Vintage ESB-carded Yoda using the body from this set, but with all the ESB accessories he should come with (and a better tunic).

Reaction score
Personally, I'm glad they are keeping them behind the counter. They did the same for Funoo Vader and my nephew was able to get one. Sounds like no one who wants one has had a difficult time getting one unlike prototype Vader.

Reaction score
This is fantastic! Great work. What did you do to the outer cloak? It looks so much better also.
Thank you! The outer cloak just took some messing with. I put the belt on and then pulled down on the cloak from the bottom to make it hug his arms and shoulders really tightly, which helps the overall look a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Dont forget that there are other accessories for Yoda.

the orange cooking pot and the snake of course
The cooking pot is a great idea! But I’d have to repaint it, which would be a sin for vintage collectors. As for the snake, I’ve never liked the snake. I just can’t imagine Yoda walking around with a snake around his neck, LOL.

Reaction score
I skipped this set. One way those elbow joints on Luke don't look that bad is displaying them IMO holding the backpack straps. In my Dabobah display I have the OTC Luke displayed as well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I tried to make this Luke look a little better with a darker wash on the hair. The face isn’t as bad as some photos have you believe, but it’s got soft features and is just okay at best.

Thank looks a lot better! What kind of paint did you use for the wash?

Reaction score
I skipped this set. One way those elbow joints on Luke don't look that bad is displaying them IMO holding the backpack straps. In my Dabobah sipdlay I have the OTC Luke displayed as well.
I skipped it as well - I like the headsculpt on Yoda, but that's about it. By paying full price, I think we're sending Hasbro the wrong message that repacking figures with significant flaws is fine. When the original Luke and Yoda were released years ago, many collectors made it clear that Luke's arms and Yoda's cloak were horrible - they did nothing about it. I'm waiting for deep clearance on this one, just for a Yoda, and I'll replace the cloak.

Reaction score
I'll take the POTF 2 figure over this new Luke any day. As others have already said , waiting for that single carded TVC Yoda.

Reaction score
Couldn't bring myself to buy it. They are clearance fodder. Not worth the asking price.

Reaction score
Yup, not feeling this set. I like the updated Yoda, but I don't know if it will be enough for me to warrant grabbing this even if it goes on clearance later. Already have them in those black cards and wasn't really a fan then. Also I don't have all have of these 3-packs (although quite a few of them) so it doesn't feel like I will miss much by skipping another one.

Reaction score
I skipped this set. One way those elbow joints on Luke don't look that bad is displaying them IMO holding the backpack straps. In my Dabobah sipdlay I have the OTC Luke displayed as well.

Thats how mine is displayed.
I skipped this set. One way those elbow joints on Luke don't look that bad is displaying them IMO holding the backpack straps. In my Dabobah display I have the OTC Luke displayed as well.

Yeah, I did the same with mine.

Still not sure if I'll keep it. I put a 5 POA Yoda in the backpack cause I really only wanted Yoda.

Reaction score
To me, even in that pose, looks bad. Looks like he's got 4 arms. The upper pair tied behind his back and lower arms holding onto backpack strap.

Reaction score
Honestly, the Cave of Evil head is not horrible. I find it hilarious that people prefer the OTC head to the new one. The arms I understand, but not the head. Here is the new head with darker hair, then photoshopped onto an actual set still from ESB, and the OTC for comparison.

Reaction score
Honestly that fabric backpack is atrocious, it looks like Luke took Yoda on a shopping trip with him. And I totally agree it looks like he has 4 arms.

Reaction score
Yes, the more pictures I see of this Luke/Yoda (from this recent 3-pack) it's even more obvious this is an extremely sub-par set - utter garbage. This looks even worse than a bootleg; at least some of those can look intriguing (interesting paint-jobs, etc.).

The 1996 POTF2 Luke Dagobah w/the blue plastic backpack is far superior to this piece of excrement. I'll stick with that 23 year old figure/backpack, Thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I never liked the standard head from the OTC Luke...just everything else about that figure to me is vastly superior. He can do the two things I want the most from a Dagobah Luke, look good with a backpack on and do a handstand. I also prefer the fake backpack plug to an actual cloth backpack. I currently have a chopped up Mission Series Yoda in the backpack.

I'm on the fence on the head from this set. I'm still partial to the Mission Series Bespin Luke head personally. I need to look at the latest batch of ANH Luke's to see if any of them look like they'd work for Dagobah...

Reaction score
I've always thought the retooled version of the OTC figure looked pretty good as well, it has a neutral face. It came packed with an X-Wing a year after the OTC figure. Its odd that figures from so long ago look better than both of these versions of Luke. The arms are horrendous on both, and neither likeness feels like Luke. They can clearly make amazing Luke figures, but this isn't one of them.

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet but this set sucks.

Reaction score
Got my set in the mail today. Luke's head, though still not as good as the recent Luke heads, isn't actually bad in-hand. The paint deco on Luke is better with more accurate boots, a better wash and correctly matched hip joints like others have pointed out. The dang arms ruin the figure though when you want him to just stand in a neutral pose.

I had a comic pack XWing Luke and popped those arms onto this guy. You get less articulation and his arms are sort of oddly angled (swivel joints baaah!!!), but from a purely aesthetic standpoint it really improves the figure. So much so, that I actually like the figure now.

Vader is...well, Vader. I honestly can barely see any difference on his face paint compared to the '14 figure.

Now, Yoda. This is where this set was worth it for me. At first I was slightly disappointed he was the VC20 repack. BUT, once I got the lil green bugger out of the plastic and tinkered with his pose and fussed with the robe...I was sold! He actually looks really good!!! The new head is exceptional and really looks like ESB Yoda. Only drawback to Yoda is the swivel cut elbows. But, he is so small and the fact he has ball-hinged shoulders and standard wrist articulation means you can still get decent poses with him. I bent Yoda forward since he is very hunched over in ESB, as well as bending his knees a lot in a sort of crouching position. But his robes cover that up, so he looks short and hunched. For those worried he is too tall, if you hunch him like I did, he is perfectly tiny! You can easily remedy the height issue with very good results.

Sorry for such a long winded review. But honestly, Yoda was a nice surprise that I wasn't really expecting to be impressed by at all.

This set would've been a lot better if Hasbro had simply just tooled up new lower arms for Luke at the bicep joint. That's all that was needed. And a better backpack. The Trader Joes/Target reusable grocery bag just does not cut it.

I give the set as a whole a 5/10. If you never got any of these figures before, I think it's worth picking up for $20-$30. But Yoda gets a solid 8/10 from me. If you can get this set for $15 or maybe if Tunghori puts Yoda up - grab him! He is definitely worth it. Hoping Hasbro puts him on an ESB card for the 40th.

Reaction score
Hoping the Yoda comes out on the VC card soon and this was just a small cash grab from Hasbro before the single card VC Yoda comes out. What’s so strange about this set is that’s it’s characters are obviously from ESB and they leave that off the package. With the Anniversary of course just months away why not wait and make this a 40th ESB item?

Reaction score
I've always thought the retooled version of the OTC figure looked pretty good as well, it has a neutral face. It came packed with an X-Wing a year after the OTC figure. Its odd that figures from so long ago look better than both of these versions of Luke. The arms are horrendous on both, and neither likeness feels like Luke. They can clearly make amazing Luke figures, but this isn't one of them.

I was thinking about how much I like this Luke, besides the OTC one. I forgot that they were the same body, the backpack holes being filled in on the X-Wing Luke. But the "trying to raise the X-Wing" Luke is still a pretty good figure. There are a few from the time of the OTC figures that are still decent, for display or otherwise.

OTC Dagobah figures also had those cool stands that linked together. I've had the Luke doing a handstand on one of my shelves for like 6 years now, lol. He's never fallen over.

Reaction score
My phone is pretty old, so these photos are not that good. I put them in a spoiler tag so it doesn't bog down the thread with tons of photos loading. These pics don't do Yoda justice, he looks a lot better in-hand. with the naked eye.

Spoiler:  

Wow, that looks much better!
How did you pop of the arms? Just by strong pulling or did you heat up the figure before in warm/hot water? Any tips for not breaking the little pins when changing arms?

Reaction score
Wow, that looks much better!
How did you pop of the arms? Just by strong pulling or did you heat up the figure before in warm/hot water? Any tips for not breaking the little pins when changing arms?
Thanks!
Just threw both figures in very hot water for maybe 30 seconds and popped them out. I whittled down the very end of the joints on the comic pack Luke shoulders just a tiny little bit so they would fit into the Dagobah Luke's sockets. If you boil/blowdry the figures so they're super hot, they might be able to pop in without needing to trim down the joint. I didn't try.

Reaction score
A very simple upgrade which looks much better, yet Hasbro, which makes millions off Star Wars fans, cant "afford" to fix the figure?