Cave of Evil 3 Pack

Reaction score
That new Dagobah luke head looks decent but I already have 5-7 Empire Strikes Back Luke figures. The old Power of the Force 2 Bespin Luke, the Medical Frigate Luke, the Saga Collection Vintage Style Bespin Luke, the Vintage Collection line Bespin Luke, Black Series Dagobah training Luke and they all have good enough head sculpts.

I was gonna mention my two Hoth Luke figures but they have the skull cap and the hat sculpted on anyway

Reaction score
As someone that collected all of these sets, it's so bad that I can't believe I'm gonna pass on it.

Reaction score
I was a die hard completionist of the TVC line until this. I can forgive a lot of things but that Luke is so bad it makes bootleg figures look like they belong in this line.

Reaction score
This set should NOT be $40 since it is all repaints and slight retools. $30 yes. I'll still grab it if I see it and use my gift cards I have sitting around. BTW, went to Target today and the SW section that was new for TFF was being torn down and replaced with Frozen 2. I went by the regular toy section and it was the same BS 6" crap and TLJ FL stuff with a couple of VC Snokes hanging around. So it looks like my Target may not be restocking again anytime soon and it was just for FF that they got some new stuff in. Didn't see this set at my store this morning, so i guess my store pays attention to the dates on the boxes 😛

Reaction score
i think everyone has enough of Empire Strikes Back Luke figures so it would be a waste of time and money to buy the new 3 pack and yeah its a Dagobah hallucination Vader but I dont think anyone else really needs another Vader figure

Reaction score
It’s insane how many Lukes they’re putting out yet they still don’t have a new farmboy Luke which is the one everybody has been wanting an update on the most.

Reaction score
This set is crap, and boring on top of that. The Luke Dagobah looks terrible re: the face, the very obvious joints, etc. The ghost Vader is a piece of caca. I'm not impressed with the Yoda, either - the cloak is definitely off.

In essence, I hate re-packs like this. These figures have been released numerous times over the years. I would much rather see three aliens (either never released or rarely released), or some other obscure characters. Not these three.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Waiting for clearance or a single carded Yoda
This set is crap, and boring on top of that. The Luke Dagobah looks terrible re: the face, the very obvious joints, etc. The ghost Vader is a piece of caca. I'm not impressed with the Yoda, either - the cloak is definitely off.

In essence, I hate re-packs like this. These figures have been released numerous times over the years. I would much rather see three aliens (either never released or rarely released), or some other obscure characters. Not these three.
Agreed. Waiting for clearance or a single carded Yoda.

Reaction score
Did Hasbro buy up a bunch of Lanard Corps old stock? Poseable or not, that Luke is atrocious. Hard pass for me.

Reaction score
Did Hasbro buy up a bunch of Lanard Corps old stock? Poseable or not, that Luke is atrocious. Hard pass for me.

Those arms would be better than those chain link arms Luke has....though the other two are awesome.if i get this i am swapping those arms for sure.

Reaction score
Yoda's head looks great. With knee joints he can have a stooped pose that is closer to the correct height. How will this head look on the TBS 3 3/4" body? To bad this isn't the totally new end all be all OT Yoda, but there are some great parts here that can go into make the definitive custom.

Reaction score
Yoda's head looks great. With knee joints he can have a stooped pose that is closer to the correct height. How will this head look on the TBS 3 3/4" body? To bad this isn't the totally new end all be all OT Yoda, but there are some great parts here that can go into make the definitive custom.
Why would you put this head on the BS 3.75” body? It has 5 POA and is essentially pre-posed? Is it just for the shorter height? I’m not bashing; just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I was just getting ready to go out and look for this set, when I checked this topic to remember what exactly was in it... and changed my mind. Those arms on Luke just look awful. I never did get the first release of that. And Yoda still having swivel elbows? Tsk, tsk.

I also still love my POTJ Dagobah Vader, with the translucent plastic and removable faceplate. Limited articulation be damned, he looks great, if somewhat movie-inaccurate.

Reaction score
I just ordered this for store pickup, with the 25% off coupon, and I plan on picking it up today, opening, and enjoying the figures, particularly Yoda. He looks great, and it’s so nice to have a fully articulated OT Yoda.

Reaction score
I thought about it for a moment when I saw the backpack accessory, but truth is, the one we got years ago, where you simply snapped Yoda's head onto the backpack looked good enough for me.

Reaction score
Yeah, the OTC version allowed you to separate Yoda at the torso, and the backpack actually looked like the one from the film. This version looks like one of those reusable grocery bags. Sometimes the more simple version is the way to go.

Reaction score
Why would you put this head on the BS 3.75” body? It has 5 POA and is essentially pre-posed? Is it just for the shorter height? I’m not bashing; just curious.

Good question.

Yes. The shorter height and overall shape. The soft good robe wasn't great on TBS but the fit on the new figure looks baggy and over sized. It really comes down to how it looks in person. Also OT Yoda doesn't do much requiring SA.

Reaction score
Ah, got it. This ia a Target exclusive. Anybody willing to help an European collector and buy & ship one (for 26-39 USD) to a MyUS address?
These are priced at $39.99 sans any discounts. Add another $15 or so for shipping, packaging, gas money...

Reaction score
Better looking in person, picked it up this morning. Luke’s arms are still a bit weird looking to me.

Reaction score
Well— Yoda looks great! Vader looks better. Luke is a polished turd, with leg joints that properly match the color of the pants and a (slightly) better head/paint. Worth $25? Definitely. Worth $40? No. Am I a sucker and will pay $40? Yes.

Do not put yourself down. Buy what you love.

Hope you enjoy it.

Reaction score
Do a DPCI search on Target.com. I believe these are only available for pickup. DPCI 087-16-7492

Reaction score
I just ordered mine online, supposed to get it by Wed. I didn't want to pay the extra $10 to have it today. In-store pick-up was an option for me, but I am feeling lazy today and I was just at Target 2 days ago.

If you text the word "TOY" to 827438 on your phone, you get a promo code for 25% off. I got mine for $32.84 shipped after using the code.

Reaction score
Had to find a Target employee to get it out of the back this morning. He brought only one out. Why does Target make this difficult. Next guy is going to have to ask for it.

Reaction score
Had to find a Target employee to get it out of the back this morning. He brought only one out. Why does Target make this difficult. Next guy is going to have to ask for it.
Yeah, that's kind of lame and doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. Unless they have nowhere to place them on the shelves, they should be putting them out on the floor. I guess maybe they are trying to keep them until Black Friday? That's the only reason I could see why they are not putting them out voluntarily. Probably up to the store manager I guess.

Reaction score
Just picked one up in store. They had them in the electronics dept with the BS 3po and were one per customer

Reaction score
Interesting. Yeah I heard about this one per customer nonsense. There were a bunch of people in this morning for the Darth Vader Funko Pop (never understood the fascination with those things), but they limited those to 1 per customer. I had already ordered my two 3 packs online. Don’t think they are limiting you online.

Reaction score
And Target seems to cancel buys with a MyUS address. I hate this exclusive ****. Making it real hard for oversea collectors. F*** Y*** Target!
Is it too much asked to get these things for a regular price when they come out?

Reaction score
Got one today. Glad I found a link to it on Star Wars Collector since I could not find it the the store and also would not come up target.com using several search words. Used the online order and pick up and got the last one.

Reaction score
I tried to make this Luke look a little better with a darker wash on the hair. The face isn’t as bad as some photos have you believe, but it’s got soft features and is just okay at best.