Cave of Evil 3 Pack

GNT

Reaction score
Please use this thread to discuss the Vintage 3 Pack "Cave of Evil" which includes Dagobah Luke, Yoda and Darth Vader.

Reaction score
As I said in another thread, Hasbro should have went with the Bespin Luke. Also they should have used the ESB logo as well.

Reaction score
That Luke is terrible. What were they thinking when designing those elbow joints?

Reaction score
That Luke is terrible. What were they thinking when designing those elbow joints?
It looks like they took inspiration from a bike chain. :/

Pretty sad explanation as to why they didn't go with the ESB logo. I won't go into the multi language rant for fear of virtue signaling and being called a racist.

Reaction score
It looks like they took inspiration from a bike chain. :/

Pretty sad explanation as to why they didn't go with the ESB logo. I won't go into the multi language rant for fear of virtue signaling and being called a racist.
The multi-language language garbage is really annoying. It's muddies up the entire box and every logo. Im so glad they stopped doing it for the latest VC single figure cards.

I don't care what I sound like or if someone wants to take offense. The multi-language text is awful and unnecessary.

Reaction score
Has anyone confirmed the level of articulation for Yoda? I’m assuming it’s the same five points of articulation as the black series release, but I’d love to be surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
This set has absolutely no appeal to me especially without separate cards.

That Luke was and continues to be an abomination.

Reaction score
As I've said elsewhere, repacking this Luke with those hideous arms is really an insult to collectors, after so many said that its the worst example of over articulation in the 3.75 scale. Hasbro saying that they couldnt afford to update them is an even bigger insult, since they're charging $40 for this set. Likewise, why isnt the Luke headsculpt nicely done like the figures from the Luke multipack? This set deserves to linger on clearance until it hits $10.

bac

Reaction score
This is my first pass since the TVC relaunch. I would have bit had they been carded, flaws and all.

Reaction score
I thought they would have at least treated that Luke with a photorealistic headsculpt. That could have convinced me to jump in.

Reaction score
If it werent for Yoda I would easily pass. Dont want to try to start collecting all the other Special Action Figure sets because the cost. I might have talked myself out of this all together. The non-ESB logo is a biggie as well.

Reaction score
I thought they would have at least treated that Luke with a photorealistic headsculpt. That could have convinced me to jump in.
It looks like they did, but missed the mark.

Reaction score
Honestly if I ever got this set that Luke would be an instant sell/giveaway. There’s no excuse for it’s ugliness. I’d take a buff potf2 Luke over it any day. As others have said they totally missed the mark on this one.

The lack of an ESB logo is also upsetting as others have said considering that they replicated it back in 2010-2012.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So it had to be multi language, OK I get it, BUT they said as a result they have to use the double bar SW logo. Well unless I'm seeing double, that ESB logo is also double barred. I would bet they printed them up b4 they realized the error ( blame factory/ printer, not QC as usual hasbro LOL) and made up the bs excuse on the fly. I suppose they couldve sent target a set of ESB logo sticker to apply but that's look horrendous as many would not be applied properly or even in correct area if at all

Reaction score
What an incredible set. A beautiful tribute to an iconic scene and that Luke figure is a real gem. I hated it because I was told to hate it by silly people from these forums but once I got the figure and put it in those strange poses from the ESB...it's a hell of a lot of fun as it is intended to be. People complaining about it's 'ugliness' don't seem to understand that it was constructed in a particular way for a reason...to be flexible and an actual toy to pose.

Let's complain about Titanic not being a good zombie horror movie.

Reaction score
What an incredible set. A beautiful tribute to an iconic scene and that Luke figure is a real gem. I hated it because I was told to hate it by silly people from these forums but once I got the figure and put it in those strange poses from the ESB...it's a hell of a lot of fun as it is intended to be. People complaining about it's 'ugliness' don't seem to understand that it was constructed in a particular way for a reason...to be flexible and an actual toy to pose.

Let's complain about Titanic not being a good zombie horror movie.
You have it in-hand then? Is the Yoda figure articulated?

Reaction score
You have it in-hand then? Is the Yoda figure articulated?

No and probably no.

I cant get past the packaging and since I don open them I couldn't care less about the figures :). There was a lot of potential that wasnt realized but hey, we all have an opinion and you know what they say about them.

Reaction score
The Luke head looks....okay....

Yoda's head looks great, but the Mission Series Yoda is still my favorite.

Vader I never had any interest in.

$40 is a lot to spend on two heads, only one of which looks great.

Reaction score
Has anyone confirmed the level of articulation for Yoda? I’m assuming it’s the same five points of articulation as the black series release, but I’d love to be surprised.
I don't think anybody has yet. BUT, here were Hasbro's exact words from the NYCC panel on this set:

"Photo-real deco on all 3 characters, newly tooled sculpts for the Yoda and Luke heads to better facilitate the photo-real deco. Yoda is also updated with better articulation to make him specific to this film and better represented in the Vintage Collection."

So new for this set that sets the figures apart from the original BS releases are: photo-real heads for all 3 figures. Luke and Yoda are both brand new head sculpts. And Yoda has more articulation. That's according to Hasbro.

I am definitely picking up the set for Yoda alone. We complained like crazy when the BS figure was released and only had 5POA. So I appreciate Hasbro listened and is giving us a better version of that figure. PLUS, as ugly as the Black Series Luke figure was, this is a huuuge improvement with the new head. I bought a comic pack X-Wing Luke to give him better looking and more aesthetically pleasing arms. I'll just keep my original BS Dagobah Luke stock with the funky arms.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm in the minority but I still have the OTC Luke in my collection, granted with a different head from the normal release, but still. The sculpt was beautiful and the swappable arms work great in place of ugly elbows.

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm in the minority but I still have the OTC Luke in my collection, granted with a different head from the normal release, but still. The sculpt was beautiful and the swappable arms work great in place of ugly elbows.
I still have the OTC one as well displayed in handstand position. I also have the BS one with standing with Yoda on his back.

Reaction score
That OTC head is still fantastic and feels more Luke than this. This one looks like "special" Matt Damon from Team America.

Reaction score
I prefer the OTC Luke as well.

As for Yoda, the head looks pretty good, but the awful softgoods ruin the possibility of this being a definitive figure. All those years ago in VOTC they had better material for his cloak, yet they went with the cheap potato sack once again - they'll do anything to cut costs.

Reaction score
My cousin found this set but was unable to buy it, rang up with a message "do not sell before 11/10"

anyone else run into this? My least fav. 3 pack so far. If i happen to come across this at retail I'll pick one up since i have all the other 3 packs. Hasbro - take two steps forward, one step back. They've released so many great things this year, skiff, Jabba's playset, tank, skiff guards and a bunch of other great figures,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and finally this turd.

Reaction score
My cousin found this set but was unable to buy it, rang up with a message "do not sell before 11/10"

anyone else run into this? My least fav. 3 pack so far. If i happen to come across this at retail I'll pick one up since i have all the other 3 packs. Hasbro - take two steps forward, one step back. They've released so many great things this year, skiff, Jabba's playset, tank, skiff guards and a bunch of other great figures,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and finally this turd.
Everyone ran into the problem. It's register locked across the country until 11-10

Reaction score
Did an impulse buy today and picked it up. The Luke does have a new head. The hair looks to be a separately molded piece. I didn't open it yet as I'm at work, but from what I can see, Yoda has knee articulation. Will confirm what else he has tonight after I get home.

Reaction score
Did an impulse buy today and picked it up. The Luke does have a new head. The hair looks to be a separately molded piece. I didn't open it yet as I'm at work, but from what I can see, Yoda has knee articulation. Will confirm what else he has tonight after I get home.
Can’t wait! Thanks for the update!

Reaction score
Let us know Sunday when you pick it up.

Reaction score
No ESB logo and easily one of the ugliest Luke action figures ever created for a Star Wars toy line (what's the point of being able to pose a figure 300 different ways if it looks stupid and hideous in every single one of those poses?). So, this set doesn't even work as a display piece. Pass.

Reaction score
Here's some pics. Not really 100% sure that the hair is a separate piece, but the paint seems too clean for it to not be.

Here's the face under the mask

Yoda:

He has swivel elbows and ball hinged knees. Also has ball jointed ankles and ball hinged shoulders

Reaction score
Knew that had to be the ROTS body for Yoda, it's taller than the OT body sculpts. Not bad, but the cloak stinks.

Also, what's up with Luke's face? If the hair were brown it would look like Rocky Balboa!

Reaction score
Did someone override the register lock? They acted like it was a dirty word the two times I saw them put out early.

Reaction score
Well— Yoda looks great! Vader looks better. Luke is a polished turd, with leg joints that properly match the color of the pants and a (slightly) better head/paint. Worth $25? Definitely. Worth $40? No. Am I a sucker and will pay $40? Yes.