Discussion Cassian Andor TV series - 2021

Reaction score
JR was just shot. He didn't die and it served as a mid series cliffhanger.

Bobby stepped out of the shower after Patrick Duffy decided to return to the show after he decided to leave in the first place.

Ragnar was an historical figure who was, supposedly, thrown into a "snake pit" by the king of Northumbria in the 9th Century, so it would have been strange if he DIDN'T die at that particular juncture.

Henry Blake was a mid tier character in an ensemble cast. He wasn't the main character. Plus, the actor chose to leave the show.

No matter how it's cut or how hard you try, the fact still remains that a lead character in an TV show is rarely, if ever, in any mortal danger, no matter how precarious the situation gets. The only changes really, when, A. the actor chooses to move on, B. it's an historical figure who's time of death is known, C. the show gets axed or comes to its natural end.

So, to reiterate, the plot armour for Cassian will be no different than the vast majority of fictional TV characters.

Reaction score
I've never argued that fact though, and wasn't the one who even brought it up. My point was about the illusion of danger, so I'm not even sure why we're debating this. Our POV on this are simply different.

Reaction score
the plot armor for cassian is more impenetrable than most. he's still alive in RO.
so the writers can't kill him. as MasterFett is saying -- it's impossible.

for any other TV show, it's true. they almost never kill the main character. almost.
it's "Rare", as Cellblock has pointed out -- but it's possible.

you guys are saying the same thing. but reaching different conclusions.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They can't do anything with him other than to devolve him in to an amoral jerk.

I'd be more looking forward to seeing Bail Organa, Mon Mothma... maybe even some of the Rebels lot...

Last edited:
Reaction score
the plot armor for cassian is more impenetrable than most. he's still alive in RO.
so the writers can't kill him. as MasterFett is saying -- it's impossible.

for any other TV show, it's true. they almost never kill the main character. almost.
it's "Rare", as Cellblock has pointed out -- but it's possible.

you guys are saying the same thing. but reaching different conclusions.

It's "possible" under a set set of ingredients though. That is, unusual circumstances like an actor wanting to leave the show, leaving the producers in a quandary, and even that occurrence usually leads to the character being shunted away from the screen, instead of being off'd.

So, in that case, the plot armour is no different to Cassian Andor, than it is for any other TV show that centred around a single person and therefore, what I find objectionable is that this show is some what lessened by the fact that we know when and where Andor dies.

The supposition being made here, by Masterfett, is that the Andor TV show is lessened by the fact that we know the time of his death and that the character won't ever be in mortal danger. My counter to that is that that's the case for, virtually, all TV shows that centre on a main character, so in essence, there is no real difference and essentially the point is moot.

So, we are actually reaching quite different conclusions.

In any case, I suspect that this show will probably just run for a couple of series, three at the most and then segue into the events of 'Rogue One'. If it isn't axed becasue of low ratings first.

Reaction score
I never once worried the Enterprise crew would meet their end.

Reaction score
except for Tasha Yar.
everyone knew she was leaving the series before that episode aired. They then advertised that episode as "One character will die" No one was worried or cared when she died.

Course then they brought Denise Crosby back multiple times after that so... yeah..

Reaction score
Tasha Yar also wasn't a lead. She was, at best, a tertiary character.

Now, if they'd have whacked Patrick Stewart...

Reaction score
Tasha Yar also wasn't a lead. She was, at best, a tertiary character.

Now, if they'd have whacked Patrick Stewart...
And the Yar situation still falls under the "actor wanted to leave"category. As does Jadzia Dax on DS9. Terry Farrell decided not to return for the show's final season. And although I would argue that Dax was a much more important character than Yar and so her death meant much more, she still wasn't the lead.

The point still stands. Kirk, Picard, Sisko, etc. got themselves into life threatening situations on a weekly basis but were never really in any more danger of actually dying than Cassian will be on his show.

Reaction score
And the Yar situation still falls under the "actor wanted to leave"category.
Didn't know that. Not really a trekkie.

Always find it amazing when an actor gets a nice gig like that and then gets ants in their pants, only to completely scupper their career.

The point still stands. Kirk, Picard, Sisko, etc. got themselves into life threatening situations on a weekly basis but were never really in any more danger of actually dying than Cassian will be on his show.
Agreed.

Although, speaking Star Trek, kid me was gobsmacked when they killed Spock. That scene still works on me.

Of course, they brought him back for III and undid everything.

Reaction score
Didn't know that. Not really a trekkie.

Always find it amazing when an actor gets a nice gig like that and then gets ants in their pants, only to completely scupper their career.

Agreed.

Although, speaking Star Trek, kid me was gobsmacked when they killed Spock. That scene still works on me.

Of course, they brought him back for III and undid everything.
Well back at early tng it wasn't a sweet gig. Low pay crappy sets and a long work day. She had also got the role for the female lead in Pet Semetary so it wasn't a bad decision.

She also has had a decsent filmography since then so it wasn't all bad.

Reaction score
What I thought was funny about TNG, was that they made the Command a Red shirt! lol
Which changed that whole concept of it going forward.

GNT

Reaction score
Alan Tudyk will return for the voice of K-2SO in the Cassian Andor series, it will air in 2021.

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that. This series will be cooler with those two having adventures together.

Reaction score
Alan Tudyk will return for the voice of K-2SO in the Cassian Andor series, it will air in 2021.
Good.

But, that almost guarantees that part of the over all arc will be Cassian reprogramming K2SO after he captures him from the Empire. Can't see them not doing that as a storyline.

Reaction score
Maybe Cassian was cloned and we'll see them go through abd kill off his clones by some imperial officer, yet he keeps coming back which frustrates the imp even more.:p

What be even more fun is it the show started with K-2SO flying an imperial ship over a beach where he picks up Cassian and Jyn and the TV shows is about what happened after RO and the three mains are still alive. That would be a nice twist. Maybe K-2SO picks them up in the Shuttle Tydirium.

Reaction score
Someone, I can't really remember who exactly, recently posted how hard it can be to see sarcasm in the written word or something to that extent.;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nice! :grin:
Trouble is, you just can't put anything beyond Disney these days....

Reaction score
Good.

But, that almost guarantees that part of the over all arc will be Cassian reprogramming K2SO after he captures him from the Empire. Can't see them not doing that as a storyline.
this reminds me of the 'Starbuck' arc on the original BSG where Our Hero gets stranded on a planet with a Cylon Centurion and he "reprograms" it for the sake of companionship. Hilarity Ensues.

Reaction score
this reminds me of the 'Starbuck' arc on the original BSG where Our Hero gets stranded on a planet with a Cylon Centurion and he "reprograms" it for the sake of companionship. Hilarity Ensues.
^
That was 'Galactica 1980' and as it turned out, it was the best episode of the entire series.

Reaction score
I actually liked that episode a lot back then. It was sad to see Starbuck lost, but the episode was cool for someone my age then. I haven't seen it in years, so it might play different for me now.

Reaction score
Umm, no. Patrick Stewart is Captain Picard. Patrick Stuart was on Galactica 1980.
I stand corrected. I just read the name and quickly jumped to a conclusion. Doing some research I was startled to see that the character Patrick Stuart played was the young Dr. Zee. Further looking down his rich Filmography, I enjoyed seeing a number of interesting performances:

• 1980 -- Galactica 1980 -- Dr. Zee
  • 1990 -- Pretty Woman -- Day Bellhop
  • 1993 -- Gettysburg -- Col E. Porter Alexander
  • 1996 -- Sliders -- Derek Bond
  • 1998 -- Bablyon 5: In the Beginning --Presidential Aide
  • 2006 -- Star Wars: Lethal Alliance (Video Game) -- Sedriss (voice)
  • 2008 - 2009 -- Wolverine and the X-Men --Dominic Petros / Avalanche (voice)
  • 2010 -- Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths -- Johnny Quick / The Jester (voice)
  • 2011 - 2012 -- Supernatural -- **** Roman (He must have had a ball with this character being such a ****)
  • 2013 -- Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox -- Steve Trevor / Ocean Master / Captain Bommerang (voice)
  • 2016-2017 -- Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventurs -- Dengar / Stormtrooper / Imperial Officer / many more
  • 2018 -- Lego Star Wars: All-Stars -- Dengar / many more
  • 2016 - 2019 -- General Hospital -- Valentin Cassadine

Reaction score
And Patrick Stuart was actually the second actor to play Dr. Zee. The first was Robbie Rist, better known as Cousin Oliver on The Brady Bunch.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yup, I hope this means Smits comes back. And given his appearance on Rebels and in Jedi Fallen Order, I think Forest Whitaker would come back to be Saw. And while I'm sure the money is good, I have to assume that it's also because he likes messing around in the world. Love that an Academy Award winning actor feels that way.

Reaction score
Yup, I hope this means Smits comes back. And given his appearance on Rebels and in Jedi Fallen Order, I think Forest Whitaker would come back to be Saw. And while I'm sure the money is good, I have to assume that it's also because he likes messing around in the world. Love that an Academy Award winning actor feels that way.
I'd say Saw is likely. Forest Whitaker seemed to enjoy playing a character in the Star Wars universe so I'm confident he'd be more than willing to reprise his role if the opportunity is presented.

Speaking of returning, Tony Gilroy is taking over as the showrunner. (y)

Also noteworthy is Stellan Skarsgard has joined the cast. I loved his acting in Chernobyl, so I'm happy about this news.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Agree with you about Whitaker. And definitely down with Skarsgård being around -- he's a rock in everything he does.

It's funny how happy I am to hear that someone who openly discussed being disinterested in Star Wars is in charge of a Star Wars show. But, you know, proof is in the bacta: the man brought one of the best post-OT Star Wars movies over the finish line. I'm excited to see what he does here.