Cartamundi Ralph McQuarrie Card Deck

Reaction score
++++++++++ RALPH McQUARRIE'S CARD DECK EXCLUSIVE ++++++++++

Only sold at Cartamundi's booth #2922 during Celebration Orlando 2017, and limited to just 150 decks, this is one of the hardest Star Wars playing card decks to come about, and a real treat to McQuarrie collectors anywhere. The full sets of 52 cards were offered for just $65.00 each, and packaged in an exquisitely engraved custom wooden box. On one side there's the engraved image of Deak Starkiller, as drawn my McQuarrie, as well as the numbered sample and edition size. There is also an opening for the custom box to be hung on a wall. On the opposite side there's the Star Wars logo and a cut out window showing the card deck which is protected by a thick acrylic sheet that slides out to release the cards. As expected, each card in the deck features unique Star Wars artwork by Ralph McQuarrie. This is a great collectible for all of those collecting McQuarrie themed items. Here's my picture review of this great collectible:

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
Very underappreciated Celebration exclusive. Very well done. Glad I grabbed two.

Mike

Reaction score
Very underappreciated Celebration exclusive. Very well done. Glad I grabbed two.

Mike
Good for you Mike, and good eye as well for noticing this rare deck of McQuarrie playing cards. Indeed a very unappreciated exclusive.

There was also a set of four McQuarrie playing cards that was given away during Celebration promoting the full deck, which in their own right were also convention exclusives. These were all Aces, and only one card per day was given away, thus you had to be there all four days to complete the set. These could also be seamlessly integrated into the deck as they have identical backs, but are different as far as the concept sketches printed on them. Those cards were:

Day 1: Princess Leia

Day 2: Deak Starkiller

Day 3: Darth Vader

Day 4: Boba Fett

Reaction score
Was sold out when I discovered them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
It was pretty much the same way for me. I actually noticed the card deck on Saturday, the day after I had been to Celebration. Some people had sold it on Ebay and discovered it while doing a search for "Celebration Exclusives". I've been searching since then for the deck, and it wasn't until recently I found one on Ebay for $75.00 shipped, after working on a best offer with the seller. This was the only one I've seen since the few I saw being sold during the convention. It's a neat collectible for McQuarrie collectors.

Reaction score
Cool , glad you got a set ! All I have is the free Vader card which I use as my current book mark.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
I was running around Sunday morning before the show opened and forgot to pick up the Fett card, and they were all gone by time I remembered. Still need to pick one up.

Mike

Reaction score
If anyone has an extra set of these for trade or sale, please let me know... As I would love to pick one up!!

Reaction score
Cool , glad you got a set ! All I have is the free Vader card which I use as my current book mark.

Thanks, Hank. And despite having just the Vader, it sure makes a cool and exclusive book mark. You made good use of it.

* Note: If looking through Ebay for a set, try different "McQuarrie" spellings. The seller I bought it from had the named spelled as McGuire.

Reaction score
*Since Photobucket.com, the "free" image hosting website I've been using for the last 12 years to host my pictures for this website has changed image policy without previous notice and now wants $400.00 a year for a subscription to host images, and since they have blocked the view of over 1,000 pictures I've done for this site, I've chosen a different image hosting site and I'm re-posting my latest image additions in an effort to have the images recorded for reference. Thank you for your understanding

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There was also a set of four McQuarrie playing cards that was given away during Celebration promoting the full deck, which in their own right were also convention exclusives. These were all Aces, and only one card per day was given away, thus you had to be there all four days to complete the set. These could also be seamlessly integrated into the deck as they have identical backs, but are different as far as the concept sketches printed on them. Those cards were:

Day 1: Princess Leia

Day 2: Deak Starkiller

Day 3: Darth Vader

Day 4: Boba Fett

Reaction score
Thanks for reposting theses images. I am hopeful to still track down a set of these. I haven't found anything on eBay yet... If someone is looking for something to trade for a set of these, please PM me, thanks!