Cardback collectors thread.

Reaction score
Anyone else seen a Clipper ESB card with a Palitoy sticker offer for a ROTJ figure over the Clipper section on the reverse ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi, fascinating thread! I've not many unusual cardback variants outside of the typical Kenner & Palitoy lines but here's one I love - Luke Caminacielos!

Reaction score
Hi

What a great thread.

I'm from the UK and would like to complete my card back collection.

I want to buy loose card backs for the first 77/79 figures - the ones before the last 17.

To minimise postage I would like to buy multiple card backs at a time. Ideally I want Palitoy cardbacks, but this isn't 100% essential as even as a child I bought figures on Kenner cards from UK Shops.

If anyone has any card backs with a pink ish 'Goldie' price tag I would be even more interested as this was the toy shop that I bought most of my figures from. The Goldie price sticker isn't essential but would make it more of a 'most wanted' item!

Here are the card backs I still have from my childhood, so I'm after all the others please. All conditions considered

Thanks for looking

Paul

IMAG0230.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0231.jpg
[/URL]
[/IMG]
IMAG0232.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hi Paul,

Not sure if you're still around on the forum.

I have a Palitoy ESB 41 back Imperial Commander with a £1.35p (written like that) sticker on it. The word is Goldie, the colour pink :)

Let me know if interested...

Reaction score
Anyone bringing any cardbacks to C7 to trade, mainly looking for Non Kenner or hard to find sticker variations (ie red extension 12d's, etc0
Thanks
Todd

Reaction score
I'll be bringing all my palitoy and trilogo doubles and some kenner with palitoy stickers.

Jason

Reaction score
EDIT : Ignore post. Technical issue.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I so wish I was going to C7! Todd, please keep an eye out for any 'foreign' cards for me, that you don't need! Have a wonderful time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great LL Klaatu cardback. That's one of my favouites. I love the extreme airbrushing!

Reaction score
My cardback presentation will be on at C7 after the one on Tonigate:-

More Social Room Panels have been announced!

Friday 12:00 to 1:00
"Tonigate - One Year Later"- Presented by Jason Smith
Come and find out the who, what, where, when & how on the largest fraud in vintage Star Wars action figure collecting history.

Friday 1.30pm to 2.30pm
"Cardback Collecting"- Presented by Jason Smith
Everything you always wanted to know about 30 year old bits of cardboard, but were afraid to ask. A guide to collecting cardbacks from beginners to experts alike.

:)

cheers Jason

Reaction score
what's up with those recent Toltoys ebay sales? crazy!

Then some guy lists a couple 21bk for $700 BIN's thinking he can hit the jackpot also

Reaction score
Yeah, I was watching those Toltoys as well, crazy prices for the most part. I did manage to pick up a few of the 2nd wave of 8 SW figures 20 back offerless Kenner cards which are relatively rare.
Missed out on that 21 back Stormtrooper, thought it would go for a ton, so didn't bother bidding. Think that was probably the best deal of the lot.

Reaction score
With the cut bubble? Yeah I saw that one. It looked like the cut part of the bubble was resealed on

Reaction score
Hi guys,

It's been a few years since I last posted my cardback collection, so here it is again. It is almost complete except for a few that I have that didn't have the bubble sliced off. I have put my "placeholders" in these spots.

The "placeholders" are either the "modern Vintage" cardbacks from 2004 and onward, or in the case of the R2-D2, it is a "repro" card that I acquired.

"Placeholder" cards are Han Solo, C-3PO, R2-D2, Princess Leia, Boba Fett, Greedo, R5-D4, and Leia Endor (for now, I forgot to scan her card yesterday).

The cards that have holes or pieces missing I would love to eventually update so all my cards are complete, cut bubble cardbacks in good shape.

These were all scanned by me and are the exact cards in my possession at this time. Enjoy!

31116.jpg

Reaction score
[Mod Edit: Promotion of recarding sites is not permissible]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
So what's new the cardback collecting game?

I've gotten back into it these past few months and picked up a few hard to find in good condition. I've gotten cut bubbles of back of Leia ANH, Power Droid, Greedo, Boba Fett, Death Star Droid, Luke X-Wing, AT-AT Commander, TIE Pilot, 4-LOM, Chirpa, Amanaman, Barada, A-Wing Pilot, Imperial Gunner, Imperial Dignitary, and Anakin Trilogo.

Whew! These ain't cheap, I must have spent a couple hundred bucks on these things in the past few months, but it's worth it.

Eventually I want to have all 96 cards in as minty condition as possible. This will probably be a lifetime collecting goal.

Reaction score
A big thank you to aussiejames (your message box is full) for helping track down some card back sleeves/holders that can be used in ring binders

aussiejames said:
Hi Paul- I just looked up Franks autograph's & it seems the guy (Nick) passed away!!

Had a quick search for 6X9" photo albums: Albox archival 9x6 pocket pages | photoalbumshop.com.au

Wow thanks so much for finding these for me. I haven't found anything and i've been searching for ages.

I'm in the UK, but happy to get them sent from Australia!

Thanks again for helping

Happy collecting

Reaction score
Howdy all. I'm looking for several Return Of The Jedi cardbacks. if you have any available, please feel free to PM me as I have way to long of a wants list to list them all here. Thanks!

Reaction score
Love this card back thread!

After all these years I'm still partial to the ESB 21 Back offer cards as the first card backs available for the best OT movie. :)

Is it still true that these ESB 21 backs are some of the more rare card backs out there??

And the POTF cards for the artwork and coins rock!

Reaction score
Cool thread I've never looked at until today! I'm going through some of the pics and it will be funny to see any reactions from people..."like, wth, is someone liking my pic from 10 years ago?"

Reaction score
I love the vintage cardbacks... I only need an Anakin and Yak Face to complete my set... I know that these will be hard to come by.