Cardback art- favorites

Reaction score
Now that we've seen the new fall 09 cardbacks, what would you say are the best designed cardbacks of all time- in two categories- cardback alone, and cardback with figure?

Reaction score
Vintage all the way ...

As for modern figures, I liked the smaller blisters like on the POTJ cards. As for modern cardbacks, I'd have to say OTC is my favorite.

Reaction score
Do you think that nostalgia weighs into your decision at all? Or do you think that vintage cardbacks are superior on the basis of design alone?

Reaction score
82jp said:
Do you think that nostalgia weighs into your decision at all? Or do you think that vintage cardbacks are superior on the basis of design alone?
I always liked about vintage cardbacks that you could tell right away on what specific movie scene a figure was based on. I also liked that on the back of the cards you could see the entire assortment available at the time, instead of just a hand full of figures. If it wasn't for fansites like Rebelscum I wouldn't even know what's out there. But you are right, there sure is a bit of nostalgia as well ...

Reaction score
POTF2 - the early red cards had such long bios about the characters and they were good reads. Plus, completely heat sealed bubbles.

Second choice would be TAC - the figures look great with their respective toys.