Carbonized vs Regular consensus?

Reaction score
So after seeing all the versions of the four figure variants, I'm of the opinion that the Sith Troopers and Sixth Sister look better than the regular versions.

But the Jet Trooper and Mandalorian - not so much?

I kind of want to ditch the regular Sith Trooper and get two carbon versions.
They just look better to me.

The Jet Trooper looks odd like ... a pearlescent sparkle trooper?

And as others have pointed out, Mando might be better if they ONLY did his armor, not the clothing as well.

Reaction score
I have no real desire to own the Walmart Jet Trooper. The figure looks too Yellow with the "Carbonized" finish. Have the Second Sister and The Mandalorian, and prefer them over the regular releases. I just like how shiny and metallic the Mando looks. Sith Trooper looks pretty cool, but I want to wait and see what their roll in the movie is before I commit to any. I'm sure by then, it will be third party sellers and a lot more $$.

Reaction score
I've only picked up the Sith Trooper and the Second Sister in carbonized form. The Sith Trooper I like having as a kind of ranking soldier (total headcanon there)...I have one plain with him, and will probably pick up another in due time.

I held the Second Sister carbonized vs. regular side by side, and went with the carbonized. I don't know if she is screen inaccurate since the game hasn't come out yet -- but I will most likely be displaying her with Rebels characters as a stand-in for her sibling inquisitors, and the carbonized one looked cooler and more reflective (so to speak) of how I remember the show's version of the inquisitors.

Reaction score
Regular release, for me!

Carbonized paint job needs to be armour-specific and not the entire figure (as others have posted) for it to be of any interest to me - but it isn't, so not my bag.

Also - regarding the Mandalorian figure, the first day release / carbonized circle sticker on the packet obscures his pistol / blaster (in packaging) so also another reason why the regular black and red box release is my choice.

Reaction score
Bought the carbonized Mandalorian. The suit under the armour just looks weird. Ended up buying the normal too, much prefer it.

Reaction score
I've only picked up the Sith Trooper and the Second Sister in carbonized form. The Sith Trooper I like having as a kind of ranking soldier (total headcanon there)...I have one plain with him, and will probably pick up another in due time.

I held the Second Sister carbonized vs. regular side by side, and went with the carbonized. I don't know if she is screen inaccurate since the game hasn't come out yet -- but I will most likely be displaying her with Rebels characters as a stand-in for her sibling inquisitors, and the carbonized one looked cooler and more reflective (so to speak) of how I remember the show's version of the inquisitors.
That's exactly what I did for my headcanon. The Carbonized Sith Trooper is the Commander. The regular ones are just normal troopers.

Reaction score
I picked up the carbonized Sith Trooper as a ‘variant’ or sorts, and because I thought it looked cool. I haven’t seen the carbonized Jet Trooper yet but plan to get it when I do for the same reason. I don’t plan to get the other carbonized versions because I don’t think the carbonization (?) works for them as nicely.

I would be ok if this was just a one off thing Hasbro did. I don’t need more shiny troopers.

Reaction score
They seem pointless, with the possible exception of the Sith Trooper - that said, if it gets people excited to own variants, I am all for it in that sense. Whatever keeps the line viable

I love how Hasbro won't even attempt a vac metallic look for the 6" ala c-3p0

Last edited:
Reaction score
Posting here too.

Anyone looking for a Carbonized Jet Trooper from Walmart? I have an extra one, but it has a slice on the top of the box. This would be great for any openers or anyone not caring about box condition. Looking for $22 shipped.

Reaction score
Second Sister is the only carbonized figure I bought as well and I did this very same thing. I just thought the carbonized version of her looked cooler.

Reaction score
I like the non-carbonized versions. Of course the only ones I've seen are Jettrooper and the Inquisitor. On the Inquisitor, it just looks weird for her cloth uniform to be metallic. And for Jettrooper, I like the brighter white of the normal version. Also didn't help the carbonized version of him costs $7 more then what I got the normal one for.

Reaction score
I have the carbonized Sith trooper; I like it not so much for the metallic aspect, as much as I like the shade of red way better than the regular release. Mando, while I haven't seen the carbonized version in person I prefer the regular. Jet trooper I'm actually not crazy about the design but do kind like the pearlescent color of carbonized so if I see it in person I'll probably pick it up. Second sister is a pass for me both ways.

Reaction score
Regular is way better. The carbonized apparently chips, costs more, and looks ridiculous on parts that are supposed to be cloth.
I have the carbonized Mando, and it has not chipped. I also took the time to heat the hands in hot water before trying to just force the gun in his hands. When you have them side by side, I still honestly like the carbonized look better overall. That's what is pretty cool about reading the comments in this thread, though. We all have different opinions on which ones we like better, or not at all.

Reaction score
SO, since the Sith Trooper Carbon vsn is an amazon exclusive, does this mean we might see it up again at 'regular prices'?

I cannot think of many amazon exclusives that didn't eventually 'come back' for a brief time at least?

Reaction score
SO, since the Sith Trooper Carbon vsn is an amazon exclusive, does this mean we might see it up again at 'regular prices'?

I cannot think of many amazon exclusives that didn't eventually 'come back' for a brief time at least?
They've come back in stock once already after being sold out. Whether they will again a third time? 🤷‍♂️

Reaction score
I prefer the Carbonized Sister - that's a great figure made even better, but I much prefer the regular Mando - it suits the Character better this far.

Reaction score
Good to know, thanks! I just need two, but don't want to spend $80-100!! lolz
I have two of the Carbonized Sith Troopers in my car right now about to head back to Amazon, one is a good box and one is an opener. If you want them (cost plus shipping of course) message me before 5pm today and I'll cancel the return.

Reaction score
Okay, I finally opened the carbonized trooper, and a side by side comparison is laughable/embarrassing ...

I WILL add - the carbonized version - the joints and fingers seem much more stiff, I had to bend the fingers on the hands in order to put the guns in their hands.

Reaction score
Seriously though, the weapon is completely different.

I'm curious to see the Jet Trooper differences when I receive the 'regular' release this week.

Reaction score
i use the carbonized Sith Trooper as the officer. I had the carbonized Mando but traded it as I like the regular one better.

My 2nd Sister was customozed as I ended up liking the regular better and needed tk justify getting her.

Reaction score
I definitely prefer the Carbonized look over the standard for the Sith Trooper, at least for display purposes.
IDK if it's just the lighting or not, but they should have at least used a darker red on the regular one. It looks pale next to the "metallic" version.
For play or standard troop building though I guess it's alright.

The Mando I can't really tell much difference, and I don't really need a special look for him. Second Sister is about the same.