Carbonized Emperor's Royal Guard & TIE Fighter Pilot 2-Pack - ROTJ (40th Anniversary)

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Carbonized Emperor's Royal Guard & TIE Fighter Pilot 2-Pack ROTJ (40th Anniversary)

Amazon-Icon-18px.png
Exclusive.

On shelf Spring 2023. MSRP is $69.99. Available for pre-order Wednesday, November 16th at 1pm ET HERE.

Press Release

Resplendent in crimson robes and armor, the Emperor’s Royal Guard protected the Emperor. Imperial pilots were treated as expendable, but the Empire treated its TIE pilots as important parts of its war machine. STAR WARS fans and collectors can imagine scenes from the STAR WARS galaxy with these premium 6-inch scale ROYAL GUARD & PILOT figures, inspired by the characters from STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI. Fans and collectors can display these fully articulated figures featuring a sleek metallic finish and premium detail with multiple points of articulation, in their collection. Includes 2 figures and 2 entertainment-inspired accessories.

Press Images

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Emperor-s-Royal-Guard-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-2-Pack-Carbonized-Boxed-1-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Emperor-s-Royal-Guard-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-2-Pack-Carbonized-Carded-2-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Emperor-s-Royal-Guard-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-2-Pack-Carbonized-Carded-3-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Emperor-s-Royal-Guard-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-2-Pack-Carbonized-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Emperor-s-Royal-Guard-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-2-Pack-Carbonized-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Emperor-s-Royal-Guard-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-2-Pack-Carbonized-Loose-4-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Emperor-s-Royal-Guard-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-2-Pack-Carbonized-Loose-5-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Emperor-s-Royal-Guard-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-2-Pack-Carbonized-Loose-6-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Emperor-s-Royal-Guard-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-2-Pack-Carbonized-Loose-7-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Emperor-s-Royal-Guard-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-2-Pack-Carbonized-Loose-8-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Emperor-s-Royal-Guard-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-2-Pack-Carbonized-Loose-9-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Emperor-s-Royal-Guard-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-2-Pack-Carbonized-Loose-10-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Emperor-s-Royal-Guard-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-2-Pack-Carbonized-Loose-11-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Emperor-s-Royal-Guard-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-2-Pack-Carbonized-Boxed-1.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Emperor-s-Royal-Guard-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-2-Pack-Carbonized-Carded-2.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Emperor-s-Royal-Guard-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-2-Pack-Carbonized-Carded-3.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Emperor-s-Royal-Guard-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-2-Pack-Carbonized-Loose-2.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Emperor-s-Royal-Guard-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-2-Pack-Carbonized-Loose-4.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Emperor-s-Royal-Guard-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-2-Pack-Carbonized-Loose-6.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Emperor-s-Royal-Guard-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-2-Pack-Carbonized-Loose-8.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Emperor-s-Royal-Guard-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-2-Pack-Carbonized-Loose-9.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Emperor-s-Royal-Guard-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-2-Pack-Carbonized-Loose-10.jpg

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
That Royal Guard looks absolutely stunning! It's just like the Sith Trooper, the Carbonized version looks so much better than the regular release. If the set wasn't so darn expensive I'd be tempted to order multiple sets just for that figure. Here's hoping that we see a price drop or sale on these either before Christmas or at least before they ship. Maybe I'll order a few and hope for a price drop guarantee.

The TIE pilot looks good as well. We last got him on card for TESB 40th Anniversary, so I wonder if we'll also see him on a regular ROTJ 40th Anniversary card like the Royal Guard. Wave 3 only has four figures announced instead of five so I could see Hasbro pulling some repack shenanigan's.

The OP includes an early link to the 2-pack's page for tomorrow.

Reaction score
Do the legs looks a little bit thicker on the tie pilot?

Attachments

• Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Emperor-s-Royal-Guard-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-2-Pack-Carbonized-Loose-7-Resized.jpg
    Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Emperor-s-Royal-Guard-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-2-Pack-Carbonized-Loose-7-Resized.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 13
Reaction score
Not a fan of Carbonized to begin with, but regardless - that price is absolutely insane. Between this and the price of the TVC Kenner-deco Boba Fett, I have to wonder what's going on at Hasbro.

Reaction score
It just went live! And as someone reminded me, don't forget to select to have it put in a box, which is not something we should have to specify, but there it is.

Reaction score
The royal guards are my favorite OT "trooper" figure, by far.

And I have no interest in paying $70 for these two.
Same. Also, after 2 regular Royal Guards, Kir Kanos, Shadow Guard, Senate Guard and prequel Senate Guard... I think I'm good on these for a long time.

Reaction score
I usually get one of everything as soon as I can... and I think I'm going to wait on this one.

Reaction score
No way in heck am I gonna buy this but I gotta say the ERG helmet looks damn nice all shiny

Reaction score
These look great imo, but going to wait for the inevitable sale before grabbing them!
True. At 50% off, I'd grab them. But, it's an Amazon exclusive. Which means it's never going on sale unless someone returns one to Amazon Warehouse where it will be $57.99 and both figures will be swapped out for headless Marvel Legends figures.

Reaction score
True. At 50% off, I'd grab them. But, it's an Amazon exclusive. Which means it's never going on sale unless someone returns one to Amazon Warehouse where it will be $57.99 and both figures will be swapped out for headless Marvel Legends figures.
I got the 4-Lom/Zuckuss set dirt cheap and I’m fairly sure that was an Amazon exclusive.

Reaction score
On a lighter note compared to the 1pm EST shenanigans, Did anyone see this pic goof?
Screenshot_20221116-184117_Samsung Internet.jpg

I just hope hasbro, especially the ceo, doesn't see this and think its ok w/ fans to jack up a retro 2pk to that price next time the offer one.

Reaction score
I think this is pretty much a pass, the only thing that I'd have to think about would be the carded version of the ERG....and even that isn't really close to enough to get me to buy these two at 70 bucks plus tax. Carbonized isn't my favorite thing, I don't detest carbonized figures, but they're acceptable to me sometimes, not preferable. I've picked up a few at both scales here and there but generally it isn't a point that does a whole lot to appeal to me. But these are weird choices to me to go the carbonized route.

Reaction score
The Guard does look good in shiny red but the Tie Pilot does nothing for me. I'd have probably picked the set up if it was around 50 quid but no chance at that price

Reaction score
The ERG went & got a Candy Apple Red upgrade. Looks nice, but not nice enough for $35 (half of the $70 price).
The Tie Pilot DEFINITELY not worth $20, let alone $35. I doubt it would sell well on its own. Probably why this is a 2 pack.

Reaction score
I despite carbonized. What a terrible gimmick and waste of both plastic and figure slots.

If they wanted to do minimal effort repaints, they could’ve done a vintage style TIE Pilot. Maybe with a Death Squad Commander vintage repaint as well.

Reaction score
Wonder if the Royal Guard's helmet on this version had anything done to come off easier. I always found the head was very tight so I was always scared to take it off. However, the promo pic shows him without cape so wondering if it's easier to remove now.

Anyways, I'm just waiting for it to show up on Amazon.ca so I can watch it go on clearance.