Carbonized Boba Fett (Fan Channel Exclusive)

stowy

Admiral
Reaction score
Like the Mando the effect doesn’t look quite right to me. Too much of the wrong stuff is shiny.

Darth_V4der

Captain
Reaction score
Easy pass for me. I'm sure some people will go nuts for this and the metallic stormtrooper. I'm glad those people will enjoy these. But these, to me, represent laziness on Hasbro's part and are a complete waste.

A much better idea would have been to apply repaints such that this became a Return of the Jedi version of Fett.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If they had left his jump suit as usual and carbonized the other parts on the suit (Armor helmet etc) that would have looked so much better. When they metallic paint everything we get really close to Christmas figures.

Real_Scooby

Sith Lord
Reaction score
Personaly I would prefer to get a ROTJ version over repaints of the ESB over and over again. And maybe Hasbro could finaly include the CORRECT ROTJ rifle too. This is something that NEVER was done yet, except for that Epic statue on the rotating base, the Unleashed maybe too

Reaction score
Personaly I would prefer to get a ROTJ version over repaints of the ESB over and over again. And maybe Hasbro could finaly include the CORRECT ROTJ rifle too. This is something that NEVER was done yet, except for that Epic statue on the rotating base, the Unleashed maybe too
Cross your fingers that Boba will come with ROJ’s 40th anniversary. They have to know that is a much wanted figure.

Billy_Ray

Emperor
Reaction score
Yeah, the Unleashed Fett has the correct ROTJ rifle. I don't know what it is about stuff like this with Hasbro. They do the same thing with ESB versions of Han all the time too...include the ANH style blaster. And it's not like they haven't ever given him the correct version, but more often than not they don't.

THX1969

Moff
Reaction score
Aside from the Sith Troopers, (which I think should have ONLY been released as the carbonized version - I find it far superior) - this just feels like lazy repacking bullsh.

DeWonnaWonga

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Aside from the Sith Troopers, (which I think should have ONLY been released as the carbonized version - I find it far superior) - this just feels like lazy repacking bullsh.
You bet it is. But combine the fact that they're running out of major SW characters who are sure-thing sellers, and their trepidation to partake in massive new builds from scratch, and the fracturing of the fandom, Hasbro's really enjoying this product-extension period for the line. It's Boba Fett, so it'll sell.

Masterfett

Emperor
Reaction score
Being as I'm a major Fett fan, i feel almost compelled to get this. It does have unique appeal for sure, and is a nice side piece for display.

Not the crazy part, it's already sold out on Pulse! lol
Either that or it's just a placeholder.

TK_171

High Admiral
Reaction score
Apparently the Cape is 'Carbonized' too:unsure:

Using a material called 'poly satin' according to a post on Hasbro Pulse

TK_171

High Admiral
Reaction score
To quote from Hasbro Pulse

To fabricate Boba Fett’s cape with the same metallic look as the figure itself, engineers decided to use a Poly (Polyester) Satin material. “Since Poly Satin has a natural shine to one side of the material,” said Project Engineer Hannah Stamp, “we only needed to add an additional silkscreen print to give the cape a worn look.”

sharky

Moff
Reaction score
The shiny suit underneath the armor give him an old retro sci-fi feel. Kind of gives me a Mercury astronaut space suit vibe. I kind of dig it.

QuiGonJohn

High Admiral
Reaction score
I'm in agreement that just "carbonizing" the Armour would have looked better, but I'll get one to be Jodo Cast of some other EU Fett knockoff and just matte-paint the suit.

Bowcaster

High Admiral
Reaction score
If I knew this Carbonized version was coming out, I wouldn't had bought the Archive version months back. I have the original Fett, Archive version (MOC), ESB version of Mafex and I guess I'll be getting this one as well.