Cara Dune - #164

Reaction score
Cara looks fantastic. These recent TVC figures are really a huge leap forward in the sculpt/deco department.

Reaction score
The Cara Dune figure looks incredible! One of the best human characters from TVC recently and the photo-real looks incredible. The figure looks at least on par with the 6 inch version IMO which also looks fantastic.

According to the Twitter user that posted the display pic there'll be another reveal from The Mandalorian for TVC at MCM London Comic Con tomorrow. Hopefully The Mando himself or maybe we'll finally find out who the rumoured figure codenamed "Duck" is.

Reactions: JVM
Reaction score
That's a 3.75" figure?! o-o Wow! For a sec I thought I was in the 6" BS thread. Can't believe how nice these figures are evolving. I'm just completely blown away.
Yak Face found a better look on Twitter.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Cara Dune looks absolutely spectacular! WOW!!

Wish this figure was in Wave 2. The show is only weeks away, what are you waiting for????

Reaction score
Wow this face scan tech has changed the game for vintage. Cara looks black series level. If this is the quality moving forward count me it

Reaction score
I'm also in love with the Porg dueling Chewie. [/url]
Lol, maybe my dark inner side showing, but when I first saw that porg and light saber scene, I was a bit hoping to see the 1 porg accidently ignite it and well, chewie then wouldn't have to cook one himself, it'd been pre cooked. He should've still ate that porg, why waste food? "You hunt. You kill. You eat" (Alice Cooper - Along Came A Spider). Probably tastes like chicken.

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
Looks like the 6" figure, impressive so far but still only a hand painted sample.

Reaction score
Wow this face scan tech has changed the game for vintage. Cara looks black series level. If this is the quality moving forward count me it
Definitely. So much better than the splotchy look that still plagued many of the first Face-printed TVC figs. After shaking out the bugs, looks like Hasbro is hitting its stride.

Reaction score
It's all muscle. I met her at a MMA event. She is awesome and classy.I need this Fig.

Reaction score
I'm pumped for anything coming from The Mandalorian. Hoping there's lots more where this came from.
At least two more figures coming up that we know about in TVC. The Mandalorian and a character codenamed "Duck". No idea who "Duck" is except it's not IG-11 or Offworld Jawa. I'm sure we'll see one of The Mandalorian or "Duck" (if not both) get revealed tomorrow and the other at another Europe con. Maybe there'll be other The Mandalorian surprises as JTA are hinting that three TROS figures there are no rumours on will be getting announced soon.

There's also a second vehicle from The Mandalorian coming in TVC.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reveals continue tomorrow morning from the London Con.
I get that. So let me rephrase my question.. will ALL her wave mates be revealed so that a mixed case can be ordered or will only solid cases/singles be available to preorder. If the former then we should expect at least 3 more reveals tomorrow. if the latter then that be an interesting new approach for releasing a new wave since article also states more reveals next weekend as well.

Last edited:

bac

Reaction score
I get that. So let me rephrase my question.. will ALL her wave mates be revealed so that a mixed case can be ordered or will only solid cases/singles be available to preorder. If the former then we should expect at least 3 more reveals, if the latter then that be an interesting new approach for releasing a new wave
If the news about pre-orders starting Monday are true, and I'm not wholly convinced that it is true, then I would think every figure in that case would have to be revealed by Monday.

Per Walmart sleuthing the next wave includes at least three Mandalorian figures and a Clone Trooper. Maybe they are all 2x in the case with no carry-forwards? That would be my guess.

Reaction score
^ that's my line of thought too, unless singles/solid cases are available to preorder this coming Monday for a few wv3 characters, then mix ratio case (w/ ALL wv 3 characters) around (USA)election day

Reaction score
She does look fantastic! I also like that she's "thicker", far too many rail thin female figures that look like a limb will snap off just by looking at it. Also might be able to make a few non female custom figures as well.

bac

Reaction score
She does look fantastic! I also like that she's "thicker", far too many rail thin female figures that look like a limb will snap off just by looking at it. Also might be able to make a few non female custom figures as well.
Repacks/partial retools make all-new figures like this possible. It's a fantastic and unique figure.

Reaction score
Definitely in for a fig....weird seeing her in 3.75 before the Mandalorian himself though? Semi-confirmation on him? weird if not.
Yakface reported that The Mandalorian, a unknown The Mandalorian character codenamed "Duck" and a second vehicle are all coming in TVC. Hasbro mentioned yesterday that all four of the Europe conventions they're attending this and next weekend including Paris Comic Con yesterday and MCM London today (plus Lucca in Italy and Manga Barcelona in Spain next week) will have a new TVC The Mandalorian item revealed. We'll see if it's those two figures and the vehicle or if there's a surprise figure not on Yakface's list.

So there'll definitely be at least one more TVC reveal from The Mandalorian today. We'll see if it's The Mandalorian himself.

Reaction score
Yakface reported that The Mandalorian, a unknown The Mandalorian character codenamed "Duck" and a second vehicle are all coming in TVC. Hasbro mentioned yesterday that all four of the Europe conventions they're attending this and next weekend including Paris Comic Con yesterday and MCM London today (plus Lucca in Italy and Manga Barcelona in Spain next week) will have a new TVC The Mandalorian item revealed. We'll see if it's those two figures and the vehicle or if there's a surprise figure not on Yakface's list.

So there'll definitely be at least one more TVC reveal from The Mandalorian today. We'll see if it's The Mandalorian himself.
thanks; yeah, he just got confirmed. pic on yakface. I'm sure a moderator will update with his own thread soon. thanks!

Reaction score
I'm probably not going to collect any Mandalorian stuff, but that new figure looks impressive. Most impressive. I agree, Hasbro is turning out some high quality figures now and it seems like the VC is starting to hit a very nice stride. The paint apps seem to have greatly improved now as opposed to what we were getting a couple years ago.

Reaction score
I'm probably not going to collect any Mandalorian stuff, but that new figure looks impressive. Most impressive. I agree, Hasbro is turning out some high quality figures now and it seems like the VC is starting to hit a very nice stride. The paint apps seem to have greatly improved now as opposed to what we were getting a couple years ago.
Why are you passing on the Mandolorian stuff Brett? It all looks pretty and the show appears as if it will be a solid addition to Star Wars.

Reaction score
Why are you passing on the Mandolorian stuff Brett? It all looks pretty and the show appears as if it will be a solid addition to Star Wars.
I'm definitely excited about the show and will definitely be watching it! I know this will sound odd, but I generally only have interest in collecting figures from the OT for whatever reason. I guess it's purely nostalgia-based on what my toy collection preferences are. I'll occasionally pick-up a random figure I think looks cool, like the recent Knight of Ren. But I tried collecting the ST stuff when it first came out, and I just lost interest quickly. Same thing with the prequel figures back in 1999-2005. They just didn't resonate with me.

I know, it probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense and sounds dumb. I love SW and the films and shows and stuff, but for toy collecting I pretty much only go after the OT figures. I guess I am the same with GI Joe and MOTU, I only collect the updates of characters from the 80's lines. LOL

Reaction score
I'm definitely excited about the show and will definitely be watching it! I know this will sound odd, but I generally only have interest in collecting figures from the OT for whatever reason. I guess it's purely nostalgia-based on what my toy collection preferences are. I'll occasionally pick-up a random figure I think looks cool, like the recent Knight of Ren. But I tried collecting the ST stuff when it first came out, and I just lost interest quickly. Same thing with the prequel figures back in 1999-2005. They just didn't resonate with me.

I know, it probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense and sounds dumb. I love SW and the films and shows and stuff, but for toy collecting I pretty much only go after the OT figures. I guess I am the same with GI Joe and MOTU, I only collect the updates of characters from the 80's lines. LOL

Makes sense. I am the same way, to a degree....but make exceptions here and there. No way I could pass on those 3.75 Death Troopers...lol, too cool a design

Reaction score

Totally makes sense and doesn't sound dumb or odd at all - we all collect in different ways.

Reaction score
Hasbro mentioned yesterday that all four of the Europe conventions they're attending this and next weekend including Paris Comic Con yesterday and MCM London today (plus Lucca in Italy and Manga Barcelona in Spain next week) will have a new TVC The Mandalorian item revealed. We'll see if it's those two figures and the vehicle or if there's a surprise figure not on Yakface's list.
It does seems a bit odd though, using these cons to unveil figures that they themselves will not even have access to? :hmm:

Reaction score
Kind of funny that they get this actress likeness right away but Princess Leia figures never look like Carrie Fisher. :rolleyes: If we could get a Luke, Leia and Han that looked like this I'd be so happy.

Reaction score
I can’t really figure out the Con strategies either. People overseas struggle to get access to these. But it’s neat that they’re trying to give each one its own TVC moment, even if people have to wait; maybe eventually everyone will get a shot at them.

Reaction score
Kind of funny that they get this actress likeness right away but Princess Leia figures never look like Carrie Fisher. :rolleyes: If we could get a Luke, Leia and Han that looked like this I'd be so happy.
This figure was made with the most current technology. So were Stormtrooper Han and all of the recent Lukes, which arguably look as good as this one does.

I await a brand-new Leia, which presumably will be better than all previous ones.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It does seems a bit odd though, using these cons to unveil figures that they themselves will not even have access to? :hmm:
The majority of fans and collectors buy online and prefer to buy online now and there's online retailers that people in Europe can buy from. As for actual stores Hasbro announced at NYCC some changes they're making that they hope will improve distribution to Europe. They start talking about it at around 46:00 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SelYI0aQ2O8&t=3018s