Captain Rex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sev

Reaction score
Cursed_You said:
Could this be the Captain Rex from star tours? Discuss.
I dunno, what would Star Tours have to do with Clone Wars? I think it's another clone trooper's name, possibly that ARC we saw in the trailer.

Reaction score
A clone ho make sense but looking back on ROTJ days with Ackbar and Nien Nunb mail-ins, it'd be cool if the fig were an alien.

I love this idea by the way.

If it's a simple offer that includes redemptions from any figure and not specific figures, which Hasbro has said they weren't doing (read: galactic hunt), then I'm really excited to just participate. Getting figs in the mail should always be a facet of the line. Promotional figs make sense, and this should help tie-in the Animated Clone Wars wave #3 that's predicted to hit. Yes, yes, I know they are unrelated, but the Clone Wars message is getting out there and seeing wave #3 on the pegs before the CW3D event hits will help promote awareness along with this Captain Rex, who is most definitely not from Star Tours, good joke.

Reaction score
Clan_Skirata said:
Sev said:
possibly that ARC we saw in the trailer.
the arc from the trailer is a lieutenant.
Nope. Just because he's blue, doesn't mean he's a lieutenant. Otherwise the vast majority of ARC troopers are lieutenants, and that's just silly. Once the red ARC appeared in the cartoon, some nutjobs at Dark Horse or LFL started making "ARCs of a different color" and assigning the standard GAR AOTC-era rankings to 'em, which was a colossal mistake. If it's actually been canonized anywhere by LFL, it's one piece of EU canon that ALL fans would do well to IGNORE.

Fordo was called both Sergeant AND Commander in ONE episode of the CW Microseries, by Obi-Wan. I would say he probably held both ranks, rather than the red-default 'captain': 'sergeant' by official rank, leader of an ARC squad, and 'commander' by mission status as the leader of the mission on Muunilist. I'd say that makes infinitely more sense than him being 'captain' just cuz of the trim on his suit.

Plus that'd mean he could actually rise to BECOME "Captain" Fordo by CW volume 2, on Coruscant. Advancing through the ranks.

Anyway, I'm thinking Captain Rex may be that ARC from the trailer & poster, funny as that idea is. You'd think he'd be a featured character in the basic line, not a mail-away offer; then again, I'm still shocked that Vader's Secret Apprentice from TFU is only available in a 3-pack

Reaction score
Toonimator said:
Fordo was called both Sergeant AND Commander in ONE episode of the CW Microseries, by Obi-Wan. I would say he probably held both ranks, rather than the red-default 'captain': 'sergeant' by official rank, leader of an ARC squad, and 'commander' by mission status as the leader of the mission on Muunilist. I'd say that makes infinitely more sense than him being 'captain' just cuz of the trim on his suit.

Plus that'd mean he could actually rise to BECOME "Captain" Fordo by CW volume 2, on Coruscant. Advancing through the ranks.
No...actually the color do really mean the ranks. It is kinda odd that the ARCs all be lieutenant, but i don't think thats all bad as the ARCs purposes were to fill the gap in the chain of command between Jedi and clone grunts.

I would say its possible that it was actually the guys in Gendy's department that got confused when doing the script for Captain Ordo...

who is indeed a captain http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Captain_Fordo

All the Cartoon Network style EU is to be taken with a grain of Salt...

Rank is also established within the Republic Commando books of Karen Traviss for the NULL class ARC troopers. A'den wears green armor because he is a sergeant, Ordo is a Captain with red armor, and all the other NULLs are Lieutenants with blue armor.

and to not completely derail this thread...

I'm kind of curious if maybe it IS the same Captain Rex from Star Tours and they might try and put him in as a Transport pilot or something ya know?

Reaction score
Cursed_You said:
Could this be the Captain Rex from star tours?
I would love to see Star Tours getting some new action figure coverage, but I highly doubt this new promo figure has any bearing on the rookie StarSpeeder pilot who sounds like Pee-Wee Herman.

Number one: Captain Rex (full designation RX-24) as a character is co-owned by Disney, which is one of the reasons why his previous action figure was only available in the theme parks.

Number two: RX-24 has already been made into a highly accurate action figure which was produced and purchased in massive quantities despite its limited number of venues, while traditionally the toymakers want a bold new character for mailaway offers, to excite and entice the consumers.

Number three: I don't think we'll see the droid from Star Tours appear on the cartoon because the timeline is all wrong. RX-24 is considered brand-spanking new in a post-ROTJ setting (dialogue in the queue of Star Tours clearly establishes that Threepio has already impressed the Ewoks on Endor with 'his' magic) while a Clone Wars story would be nestled between AOTC and ROTS, a few decades too early.

Those are just my gut instinct reactions to the news. However, as I said above, I'd love for Star Tours to get some more exposure. After all, the 20th anniversary was last year and I think about the only acknowledgement was a lapel pin available in the parks.

Alex

Reaction score
Even though everything Alex just stated was completely correct...I'd still love to see RX make his way to the rest of the Star Wars universe.

Dre

Reaction score
Clan_Skirata said:
Toonimator said:

No...actually the color do really mean the ranks. It is kinda odd that the ARCs all be lieutenant, but i don't think thats all bad as the ARCs purposes were to fill the gap in the chain of command between Jedi and clone grunts.
Why can't ARC's have a different ranking system than regular troops like the Navy and the Army?

Reaction score
Toonimator said:
Clan_Skirata said:
Sev said:
possibly that ARC we saw in the trailer.
the arc from the trailer is a lieutenant.
Nope. Just because he's blue, doesn't mean he's a lieutenant. Otherwise the vast majority of ARC troopers are lieutenants, and that's just silly. Once the red ARC appeared in the cartoon, some nutjobs at Dark Horse or LFL started making "ARCs of a different color" and assigning the standard GAR AOTC-era rankings to 'em, which was a colossal mistake. If it's actually been canonized anywhere by LFL, it's one piece of EU canon that ALL fans would do well to IGNORE.
Traviss canonized it, and on the subject of being called different titles, they hadn't applied the GAR Rank System to ARCs yet.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
I would say its possible that it was actually the guys in Gendy's department that got confused when doing the script for Captain Ordo...

[/QUOTE]
That was Fordo in CW, not Ordo :p

Well, I do hope this figure is good, and a clone. I've been saving all of my UPCs (I have like 30 now from Christmas) so I'll be able to get a crapload of these guys.

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if this was a just really minor "character". Just some kind of trooper with slightly unique markings, but nothing that would require a unique sculpt.

Reaction score
jediriccan said:
Great, and I threw out all my packaging at xmas, aarrgghh....
Hmm...I don't know, but for some reason, I think hasbro will probably use the sticker mail away sheet they've used for the last couple of vintage figure promo's. They have even used this for their mail away g.i.joe doc figure.

Reaction score
CaptainJack said:
I wouldn't be surprised if this was a just really minor "character". Just some kind of trooper with slightly unique markings, but nothing that would require a unique sculpt.
You're just jealous it's not a Captian Jack figure.

Reaction score
nomadscout said:
You're just jealous it's not a Captian Jack figure.
Captain Jack is no clone.

I'm just hoping this isn't some Hasbro employee's head on a clonetrooper body.

Reaction score
rust said:
Traviss canonized it, and on the subject of being called different titles, they hadn't applied the GAR Rank System to ARCs yet.
She shouldn't have.

Reaction score
CaptainJack said:
That's a frightening thought

The thing I dislike most about the rank scheme for the ARCs is that now it means there are TONS of ARC lieutenants.

Reaction score
Unknown said:
CaptainJack said:

The thing I dislike most about the rank scheme for the ARCs is that now it means there are TONS of ARC lieutenants.

Lets take a moment and pray for an SA super cool Captain Rex ARC figure.

God, please. Make this not a repaint or kitbash of the previous 3 arc trooper figures. Thank you

Reaction score
Definitely not the Star Tours droid pilot. I just wish that Hasbro/LFL chose a different name other than "Captain Rex" because of that.

Reaction score
I can't wait to see the details on this offer and am loving the whole mail away thing, brings back memories of the vintage line offers. Here hopong that whatever or whoever it is it's SA and I'll be able to get a few of them!

Also, CHEWIE, can't agree more on the Rex thing, the SW universe has some pretty far out names then this steamer pops up out of nowhere.

Reaction score
Cursed_You said:
So I gotta ask, what is this linked to? I don't think I've seen a rumor posting on this front, and there's no link in the thread here, what am I overlooking?

'78

Reaction score
Since1978 said:
Cursed_You said:
So I gotta ask, what is this linked to? I don't think I've seen a rumor posting on this front, and there's no link in the thread here, what am I overlooking?

'78
This is it: link

Here's a pic:

Reaction score
Well shoot - I didn't even pick-up that there was a name on that label. That being the case, shouldn't we combine this discussion with the CW Preview Figure Thread?

'78

Reaction score
DANG! That clone head on the sticker on those Pit Droids...

are all the Clones going to look like that?

That Clone Trooper helmet looks more like an AAT, if you ask me.

I hope it's a good clone of some sort.

Concerning ARCs, I also liked it better before the coloring of ranks. Now with the new Order 66 packs we will get a yellow one too? Green is all they have left, right?

WAIT! TARGET EXCLUSIVE MACE WINDU'S ARC BATTALION, featuring PURPLE ARC TROOPERS!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Sorry, I lost control for a moment.

Reaction score
Hush, sambuca, lest you give Hasbro any ideas!

Looking at the name for this character...I have faith that we will one day get a Commander Awesome action figure.

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>

[/QUOTE]

Heh. I thought the same exact thing when I first saw it.

Reaction score
sambuca said:

Concerning ARCs, I also liked it better before the coloring of ranks. Now with the new Order 66 packs we will get a yellow one too? Green is all they have left, right?

WAIT! TARGET EXCLUSIVE MACE WINDU'S ARC BATTALION, featuring PURPLE ARC TROOPERS!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

good set isn't it i love mine but i didn't konw they were arcs

Reaction score
Here is a totally odd thought what if they (Hasbro) decided to take a Darth Tyranus head and place it on a clone body and then make up some story that Dooku/Tyranus
commissioned the Kaminoan cloners to make one clone of him then we could call him Tyranus Rex lol. ok ok Enough fun.

I personally am not to sure about the Name Rex for A clone to me it is like all the guys in the mail room at Hasbro were told to put names into a hat, then this hat is sent upstairs where the "bigwigs" drew a name out of a hat and "rex" was chosen to me the name lacks imagination but what do I know :

Reaction score
I seriously DOUBT that it's the droid from Star Tours!

The sticker says 'get a sneak preview of the Clone Wars action', & 'Captain Rex' sounds like a Clone Trooper name, with short, simple names like Captain Fordo & Republic Commando Fi being tossed around. My money is on a special deco'd Clone Wars CGI-animated-style Clone Trooper figure.

ARC status optional.

Reaction score
Jedi_Trooper said:
sambuca said:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

good set isn't it i love mine but i didn't konw they were arcs
Yeah... I'm sure he was being totally non-sarcastic...

Reaction score
I don't know why anyone seriously thinks it's related to the Star Tours droid.

Reaction score
The funny thing is, I would be willing to bet not one person at LFL heard the name Captain Rex and thought, "wait a minute. Isn't that the droid from Star Tours," but there are some fans that immediately make the connection. One of the many reasons why "Star Wars Canon" is so infuriatingly inconsistent.

Reaction score
rust said:
That was Fordo in CW, not Ordo :p
whoops typo
thanks. Anyways, I'm not sure the mail away figure will be worth it.

lets all just hope its Rx-24 in republic colors with dc-15s strapped to him and he comes with a repainted arc 170 that has a dorsal fin and a dolphin nose painted on the front.

Reaction score
Unknown said:
CaptainJack said:

No, that's all we've seen. I'd be surprised if all the Lieutenants we've seen is all of them. They have like ten White ARCs in the Pengalan Trade-Off, I believe, and there is either one or two Yellow Commander ARCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.