Captain Rex with Jetpack - CW62

GNT

Reaction score
Status - Rumoured

This one is rumored via Curto's tweet on Twitter, any ideas on what episode his from?

Entertainment Earth have Captain Rex with Jet pack listed as the 62nd figure in the Clone Wars line.

Any thoughts on seeing this figure?

Any ideas on seeing this figure?

Reaction score
Re: Captain Rex with Jetpack

I'm sure Rex used a Jetpack when we saw him in the opening scenes from the Clone wars Movie, other than that, no idea.

Hopefully he's a re-pack of the new-styled helmet Rex from the ARC Troopers pack. I'd get that for sure, despite me dropping TCW from my collecting agenda...for now.

Reaction score

rex also used a jetpack from the duel of the droids ep—when he dropped from the twilight down to the listening station lugging goldie.

Reaction score

Eh, if it has a new sculpt I may be interested, otherwise I dunno.

Reaction score

Tyrannusspotting said:
I'd love for him to have ball-jointed hips, a cloth kama and a non-removable helmet.
Thats a cool idea, i'd be interested in buying a second version as long as hes not too similar to the original version. But then he might just be the Arc Trooper BP version with a jet pack. Then that would be disappointing.

Reaction score

I hope for...

A Rex with 4 swappable portraits ( ARC BP, Bald using original Rex head, Helmet-Head with rotating rangefinder, and head with Rex's hairdo from "No Prisioners"), Soft Goods Pauldron, retooled Stone upper body to support ball-jointed waist, slightly upscaled Stone arms, new hands to support ball and socket wrists for better range of motion, new lower torso, soft goods Kama, new belt with holsters, ball jointed hips, swivel thighs, double hinged knees ( See IM2 figures), ball jointed ankles, removable jetpack, two pistols, rifle with Stone mould, sniper rifle from ARC Battle pack, middle launcher from Clone trooper Draa, backpack, and thermal detonators.

Reaction score

I don't see why people like the awful BJ hips from the Iron Man figures!It is so much more work to get the legs to move. I would prefer the type of hips the arf trooper has since in this situation they wont be seen since the kama covers 'em up.

GNT

Reaction score
It's been a while since we've heard anything on him but EE have him listed as the 62nd figure in the clone wars toy line.

Reaction score
Honestly, how hard is it to drill a hole in the back of a clone? How much different from the Rex we have can this guy be???

Reaction score
If it's completely changed in a good/great/spectacular way from all the previous Rex figures, i'll nab it, otherwise pass and I mean COMPLETELY! From the helmet to the feet...

Reaction score
Tyranusspotting said:
An accurate non-removable helmet, ball-jointed hips, attachable headlights and a jetpack flame base and you've got a knock-out release.
No stiff feet and knees added to what you said and they'll have won me over to get another Rex

GNT

Reaction score
It's good that Hasbro are keeping him on the shelves, got to have the main characters available for kids to purchase.

Reaction score
GNT said:
It's good that Hasbro are keeping him on the shelves, got to have the main characters available for kids to purchase.
Or when a family member hears you collect clone wars your most likely get a rex for Christmas. So keep those Rex's coming Hasbro. I only have 5 so far.

Reaction score

steve2477 said:
Tyrannusspotting said:
I'd love for him to have ball-jointed hips, a cloth kama and a non-removable helmet.
Thats a cool idea, i'd be interested in buying a second version as long as hes not too similar to the original version. But then he might just be the Arc Trooper BP version with a jet pack. Then that would be disappointing.
The Arc trooper Rex comes with a really cool rifle.

Reaction score

DarthJudo said:
steve2477 said:
Tyrannusspotting said:
The Arc trooper Rex comes with a really cool rifle.
I wonder if that is a Hasbro GI Joe gun? Hasbro must have a large armory of plastic weapons.

Reaction score
Whatever it is , I hope they give this guy a MAJOR ,long over due, upgrade. Im talkin scrap the old figure completely an give this guy the credit he deserves. All new torso , whole new phase 1 an 2 helmets , an hasbro , dont leave out ANY POA!! Come on , this guy is the flag for the clone wars cartoon!

Reaction score
MandoMan said:
Whatever it is , I hope they give this guy a MAJOR ,long over due, upgrade. Im talkin scrap the old figure completely an give this guy the credit he deserves. All new torso , whole new phase 1 an 2 helmets , an hasbro , dont leave out ANY POA!! Come on , this guy is the flag for the clone wars cartoon!
Ditto for me on every one of these remarks!

I'm hoping this Rex is all new.

Reaction score
Jayson said:
Wow, that looks really bad, but i'm wondering if it is a true image as in the pics of the figures there are reasons to believe they could be wrong, like Saesee Tiin has a blue lightsaber and the Kamino ARF looking pink and some of the accesories on some of them look WAY too big for a 1-pack figure!

Is this site reliable because most of those pictures look a bit... well, off...

Reaction score
Considering the site is reputable, a few minor inaccuracies such as an incorrect saber, slightly off paint for a PROTOTYPE is okay lol. And if theaccessories look too big, good!

Reaction score
Wow. Pretty cool - he has a cloth kama, a big giant jetpack, one of those ARC Trooper BP Fordo pistols, a holster on the jetpack's "chest," and that's about all I can tell from this pic. But he does look sweet.

Reaction score
oh SWEET! They went in a different direction with this than what I was expecting but I'm happy about it. Yeah his articulation is reduced a bit but the look of this figure with the new gear makes up for it.

I expected a plain old Mando jetpack on a basic Rex figure but this is MUCH COOLER than that! Need this!

Reaction score
Dear god! It's the stone sculpt again!
Oh well, this sculpt issue doesn't bother me at all. I will still buy this because I like the sculpt of the arms (minus the the hands), the holsters and the soft-goods kama (all of which I plan on adding to my current custom Rex figure). The other parts of this figure (helmet, torso, legs, and head if it has a removable helmet) I will use for spare custom parts. I also think the giant jetpack makes Rex look out of place IMO.

Reaction score
Oh YEAH!!!! I finally get Rex in the Stone mold. I've been needing this Rex for years now. Thanks, Hasbro!

Reaction score
He looks pretty "excited" for battle.

Or maybe he got distracted by a certain blue Twi'lek Jedi hopping around in front of him while fending off CIS droids.

Reaction score
Almost looks photoshopped. The crotch armor is sticking way out. It does appear to be a possibility of bj hips. Have to wait and see. If its a straight stone re-hash i will pass