Captain Rex - Snow Gear - CW50

GNT

Reaction score
I presume this guy below is Captain Rex from episode 15 - "Trespass" in snow gear

Who here would like Hasbro to make him into a figure?

Reaction score
Re: Captain Rex - Snow Gear

Gimme any and all Captain Rex figures! Love the character, love snow-themed figures, can't wait for this inevitable release!

Reaction score

This is waaaaay awesome. I'd be all over this fig.

Reaction score

Now that looks really cool. Count me in for one. I hope they make more variations like this down the line. It really brightens up everything for collectors.

Reaction score

OMG! I'm in for at least two! I love snow figures!

Reaction score

Saw a flash of those arctic clones in the preview of EP15 and was quite excited. But this one looks just weird, with the visor over the mask, instead of the other way around.

Reaction score

IncomT65 said:
Saw a flash of those arctic clones in the preview of EP15 and was quite excited. But this one looks just weird, with the visor over the mask, instead of the other way around.
I absolutley agree with IncomT65, does look kinda strange. It looks like a white Darth Vader helmet.. I'd still get the figure in a heartbeat tho.

Reaction score

Like I said in the thread for the episode, I am really picking nods to the original Snow Trooper McQ. concept. I'd buy in a flash.

Reaction score

Boy that looks stupid.... like a cheezy halloween costume. How long until we get a Rex in beach trooper armour

Reaction score

Looks cool, but I gotta ask. If the regular armor is up to the job of operations in space, then why do they need special artic armor?

Reaction score

CdtWeasel said:
Looks cool, but I gotta ask. If the regular armor is up to the job of operations in space, then why do they need special artic armor?
Dude,there's like a million scientific facts that star wars ignores. I just don't see the point of pointing that out and letting The Force slide.

Reaction score

I'm gonna take a stab at this...

I would imagine that Snow Clones are equipped to brave the freezing tempretures of Ice Worlds for extended periods of time, their 'scarves' could serve not only to keep the heat in but the snow out.

Where as Space Trooper's are never in the void for very long, obviously their suits must be able to moderate their tempreture, which would require a power source, which I imagine would be fine for brief space walks but not cost effective for the Republic when they are in the middle of a six month seige on Northpolia or whatever...

Reaction score

Different kind of outer space in Star Wars. even old McQuarrie concept art showed a hero with an exposed head and only goggles and a breathing apparatus to protect him from the vacuum of space. that's all you need. cover your holes!

Reaction score

JohnSilence said:
Different kind of outer space in Star Wars. even old McQuarrie concept art showed a hero with an exposed head and only goggles and a breathing apparatus to protect him from the vacuum of space. that's all you need. cover your holes!
I like this answer best.

Reaction score

DarthButtHole said:
CdtWeasel said:
Dude,there's like a million scientific facts that star wars ignores. I just don't see the point of pointing that out and letting The Force slide.
This is sick. besides - science.
star wars is scienece.

Reaction score

justabigkid said:
Boy that looks stupid.... like a cheezy halloween costume. How long until we get a Rex in beach trooper armour
That will be the hottest figure since the Quarren Soldier
!

Oh, right, people were trying to forget what I said about the Quarren Soldier...

Reaction score

How did you get that image, GNT? (rhetorical)

Everytime I click on to the main site, that image would pop up and before I could get a good look, it would switch to the 4 categories of the day header.

GNT

Reaction score

justabigkid said:
A few more months actually

Maybe the suits are more suitable for snow/ice planets we had Snowtroopers on Hoth is special suits that weren't found elsewhere so why not here? Either way the costume change means another figure Hasbro can release

Reaction score

Awesome.
Rex in snow gear looks great.

Reaction score

I bet ya they don't. I'm sure they would of stuck Ki-Adi Mundi and Bacara in the trailer if they were in it. But it's all good, I know they'll get to them eventually.

Reaction score

not my favorite jedi but yeah he and baccara should premiere soon definitely before s 2.

Reaction score

I hope bacara shows up up on the show sometime soon

but im looking forward to the new episode, I wouldn't mind seeing commander keller in the new show but I doubt it will happen

Reaction score

CdtWeasel said:
So they can make more figures for us suckers to buy.

Mark me down for one.

Reaction score

bikerscout said:
they better introduce ph.1 Bacara in this episode. It'd be stupid not to
Yes, because Bacara is the only commander who ever goes where the weather's cold, out of the entire Grand Army of the Republic. And sometimes Keller.

There's BARC Speeders in this episode. They'd better introduce Neyo, it'd be stupid not to.

I particularly enjoyed the lush tropical forest setting of that Rodian city when Commander Gree arrived to take custody of Nute Gunray. And the dense foliage of the brig made perfect cover for Gunray to clock Gree in the back of the head while Gree was paying attention to that traitor Argyus.

I hope Commander Cody and the 212th are only shown on Utapau from now on. They're Sinkhole Troopers, right?

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
bikerscout said:
Yes, because Bacara is the only commander who ever goes where the weather's cold, out of the entire Grand Army of the Republic. And sometimes Keller.

There's BARC Speeders in this episode. They'd better introduce Neyo, it'd be stupid not to.

I particularly enjoyed the lush tropical forest setting of that Rodian city when Commander Gree arrived to take custody of Nute Gunray. And the dense foliage of the brig made perfect cover for Gunray to clock Gree in the back of the head while Gree was paying attention to that traitor Argyus.

I hope Commander Cody and the 212th are only shown on Utapau from now on. They're Sinkhole Troopers, right?
ROFL GG

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
bikerscout said:

I completely agree with you. There is a lot of confusion about the trooper/uniforms/environments. In some cases Hasbro can be blamed for this. Why do they call a trooper in Scout uniform and camo Barc Trooper? Also the galactic marines are not the special troop that only fights in cold environments. If the Marines would have fought on coruscant we would have seen them in standart Phase 2 clone trooper armor with wine red markings. It seems some fans just don't get it.

By the way: I love Captain Rex and I love the idea of seeing him in a cold weather uniform - but I think this design just sucks. Esspecially the helmet and the collar piece looks like a cheap halloween costume. Not a good design at all.

Reaction score

i'd love to see the GM fighting in a non cold environment.

and Toon, I never said Bacara only fights in cold environments, i was trying to say this would be an opportune time to show him.

Reaction score

bikerscout said:
and Toon, I never said Bacara only fights in cold environments, i was trying to say this would be an opportune time to show him.
Why would it be an opportune time to show him? Ki-Adi-Mundi's not in the episode, is he? If not, then you ARE pigeonholing Bacara (and, by extension, his Marines) as a cold-environment clone by suggesting he show up, and my point is that it's ridiculous to limit them to something like that. I hope they appear in the series on some hot swampy world, just to jog people out of the idea that a 'snow-clone' episode is the best place to introduce them. They're Marines, not "Blizzard Force".

Aside from that, yeah, not digging the cold-weather gear. The suit, fine, and I like the concept-art-ish/Germanic helmet shell, but the hanging faceplate on top of a hood makes it look like those drugstore vinyl costumes I wore as a kid.

Reaction score

i'd buy it for 2 reasons 1 its a clone and 2 its something that looks freaking cool.