Captain Rex question

Reaction score
So I have no real idea where best to put this thread.

I am late to the party, but I just started watching the Clone Wars cartoon on Netflix over Christmas break and I am hooked. Glad I still have 5 more seasons to watch!

Anyway, I'm now on the lookout for Clone Wars characters for my toy collection. I just got a BS Captain Rex. I am wondering if Rex was in either Episode II or Episode III in the background anywhere that I may have missed? I know Cody is in III but I'm not sure about Rex.

The Black Series Rex figure (the one I have) has the helmet style that was worn in Episode III, correct?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Rex was created entirely for the Clone Wars TV show. He doesn't appear anywhere in Episode II or III. Also, yes, the BS 3 3/4 Rex figure is based on his Phase II Clone armor (the Episode III style), but his is modified. It's actually a combination of his Phase I (Episode II) armor and the set of Phase II armor he was issued. That's why the visor is more like the Phase I armor.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very cool, thanks for the info.

The real reason I'm wondering is because I have a set of Star Wars figure bases with tons of labels with character names. There is one Captain Rex label and I'm wondering if I should put it on an Attack of the Clones base or a Revenge of the Sith base. (Both of the two "Expanded Universe" bases already went to Ahsoka and Vader's Secret Apprentice). Looks like there's no right or wrong answer.

GNT

Reaction score
2 different characters sadly, my memory is fuzzy (Haven't watched the PT in ages) but didn't the clones have accelerated aging except for Boba who was unaltered? Rex would be super old if he was still around in ROTJ but I suspect he'd be long gone before then.

Reaction score
2 different characters sadly, my memory is fuzzy (Haven't watched the PT in ages) but didn't the clones have accelerated aging except for Boba who was unaltered? Rex would be super old if he was still around in ROTJ but I suspect he'd be long gone before then.
Shouldn't he have been long gone then by the time Rebels rolls around then?

Reaction score
Rex would be 25 around time of rebels when it started. So he would be 50 with the double aging.

In return of the Jedi he would be 34 years old. 68 with double aging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
That's all fine and good, but who's Nick Saint? ;)
One of the many characters in SW with a split second of screen time in the distant background whom has built a small fan following over the years.

.....is my guess. I don't know who he is either.

From that blow-up picture, I'm betting he's a rebel with a nice white beard who got captured.

Reaction score
he's busting on me for giving the guy a proper name instead of "Nik Sant". Nik works for Mon Mothra.

Reaction score
But see, to me that guy doesn't quite look 68. In some photos he looks old. But in the scene in Biker Scout disguise, he look maybe 40ish w/yelling beard. Not white. Plus a bit chubbier. The guy in the Commando outfit look older slimmer, with a possible whitish beard. Not to mention the wrong skin tone. If someone wants to retcon Rex into being in ROTJ and on Endor, that's fine. But pick a different person for him to be/look like.
I just don't see him lasting that long. R1 possibly. But as many risks as that guy took, at his age he should be dead by now. And I think Cody seems the most likely candidate to do him in.

Reaction score
I'm still waiting to here about Cody's fate. I hope that we find that he is a full fledged Imperial officer and has a face to face with Rex. :D

Reaction score
I'm still waiting to here about Cody's fate. I hope that we find that he is a full fledged Imperial officer and has a face to face with Rex. :D
I think the guy in charge of story group said that Cody is training stormtroopers

Reaction score
yeah that'd be cool, Rex meets Cody, but maybe for S4 tho. (Captain Panaka also sided w/ Palpatine & is an Imperial officer). The big meeting this season has to be Maul/Obi, any clone brothers squaring off if any should wait IMO.
I think the guy in charge of story group said that Cody is training stormtroopers

Last edited:
Reaction score
you can't give humans in SW universe earth standard life spans. look how healthy life styles and medicines have extended life spans in real life so I can't imagine an advanced civilization what the life span would be for a human. I'm sure if 150 year old SW human would be equivalent to a 100 year old in real life at least. besides with all the genetics mods I'm sure Rex has been given I'm sure he's good with the stresses of war. but to be honest I'd think he'd be more like Saw, all cold hearted cuz that's what he's been 'programmed' with. kinda makes more sense.

Reaction score
That's all fine and good, but who's Nick Saint?
One of the many characters in SW with a split second of screen time in the distant background whom has built a small fan following over the years.

.....is my guess. I don't know who he is either.

From that blow-up picture, I'm betting he's a rebel with a nice white beard who got captured.

dude look like Santa Claus. --> Saint Nick ---> Nick Saint --> "Nick Sant".

his ROTJ name is derived from Santa Claus. :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'll admit, Humans on Earth will live a very different life span than that of Humans other Planets. In the old time people live to be in the thousands, and looked no older than 40. Something happened...
That's fine. But if you want your characters to be believable, you need them to be relate-able to us. Right? Otherwise why is Han so old looking when it's only been 40ish years? By your logic, he Luke and Leia shouldn't have aged a day. Also, the show clearly indicates Rex is much older. Or his beard wouldn't be all white. "They" are clearly mirroring "our" aging process, by doing this.

The age thing really isn't the argument that I'm trying to make though, it's a small issue. If they really do plan to do this, it's no better than what the EU has done in the past. That past that Disney felt needed wiped out.
Surely there are better ways to retcon Rex into the OT, or even ST if they wanted.

Reaction score

If they really do plan to do this, it's no better than what the EU has done in the past. That past that Disney felt needed wiped out.

*cough*
it's all EU now *cough*

-=====-

disney didn't "wipe out" the "EU" -- its too lucrative -- they just rebooted it, to include movies now.

(( do some fans still think the old G-canon was somehow 'expanded' to include comic books !? ... (LOL) .. it's becoming more and more apparent as time goes on:

the EU was expanded to include movies. (not vice versa)).

---> this is a white animal with black stripes. not a black animal with white stripes. (despite what the press conference told you). :p cheers.

Last edited: