Captain Rex - Phase 2 - CW13

Reaction score
i got one shipped on ebay for $15, seems to be the best deal i can find. i checked walmarts on my trip this weekend to utah from california and nothing. i looked at 2 walmarts in cali, 3 in nevada, and 4 in utah, nothing but Anakins and anakins and i think a mace windu

Reaction score
i got one shipped on ebay for $15, seems to be the best deal i can find. i checked walmarts on my trip this weekend to utah from california and nothing. i looked at 2 walmarts in cali, 3 in nevada, and 4 in utah, nothing but Anakins and anakins and i think a mace windu
Good god that is a long trip (looking at a google map that must have been about a 400+ mile round trip)...please tell me that wasn't the only reason for visiting each state.

Reaction score
Good god that is a long trip (looking at a google map that must have been about a 400+ mile round trip)...please tell me that wasn't the only reason for visiting each state.
No,haha. He races bmx and we went to the Great Salt Lake Nationals. 788miles one way! He got 2nd so it was worth it. Only toy we bought was a super poseable spider man. Not one new star wars guy anywhere!!!

Reaction score
No,haha. He races bmx and we went to the Great Salt Lake Nationals. 788miles one way! He got 2nd so it was worth it. Only toy we bought was a super poseable spider man. Not one new star wars guy anywhere!!!
But that Spiderman rocks! Today I put Phase II Rex's helmet on jetpack Rex and it looks pretty awesome.

Reaction score
He's awesome but has small joints. My son has broke two so far and he loves his toys so he's not being tough on it. Just weak plastic.
Kokomo toys on eBay has phase 2 Rex for $14.37 shipped. With the latest price hike that's a good deal!!!

Reaction score
Is this one no longer showing up on pegs? I want to pay $15 shipped at most but nothing is showing up within that range on ebay; anymore and I'll just wait for the sideshow 1/6er.

Reaction score
Just got him a week ago and I absolutely love the figure ..when I saw him on the pegs I instantly grabbed him and boss and the vintage arc trooper (fordo) plus vintage Darth maul. Rex lack of articulation doesn't bother me .. and his paint is very detailed and sharp looking

Last edited:
Reaction score
Bowchika I have an extra MOC if you are interested.
Thanks but already found him.

In fact I have an extra MOC Phase II Rex and Wolffe I lost the receipt on so I can't return them. I am willing to do C+S to anyone who wants them ($9.99+tax+shipping+paypal fees).

Reaction score
Found one of this guy at a Walmart, but with a major difference in the paint-job from the initial release. [Note the helmets and the welding scars on the two.]

Initial Version (left) vs. One I found today (right).

EDIT: Just wanted to point out that this is not a custom if anyone thinks that it is, hence the carded images.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The one on the right seems to be more accurate to the series since they aren't as bright blue (especially above the visor). Would love to find that one since I do find the blue too bright.

Reaction score
While I was out searching for the Ewok Scout 2-pack at all the K-marts in the valley, I happened across this guy. I wasn't even thinking about any CW figures, but happily snatched him up since I haven't seen a new CW figure in quite some time. I think he is very well done. The downgrade in articulation really is a blow though. I thought that he was supposed to have a removeable helmet, hence it being so large. I was surprised to find out that's not the case.

Reaction score
Found one of this guy at a Walmart, but with a major difference in the paint-job from the initial release. [Note the helmets and the welding scars on the two.]
Wolffe is right. Rex has been slightly repainted for his re-release in wave 4 to match the colours of the CGI model. I found him last weekend and can confirm that his helmet has been weathered properly (finally!) and the stripes indicating where the two helmets were fused together are painted in a much darker shade. This colour alteration gives them a more authentic and less toyish look. All in all this repaint definitely looks a lot better than its predecessor.

Reaction score
Not sure what the issue is on the bright blue, it's very bright on the actual model used on screen. The only thing I could think of that would make it more like the model is the outlining of brown (the burnt effect) surrounding the bright blue.

Reaction score
in terms of weathering on the helmet, I think the original is more accurate. You can see from the CG render above that the rebreather portion of the helmet is yellow/weathered, while the back and top of the helmet remain relatively white.
Think I'll stick with the first one for now, and then get the clean more articulated one next year for a better VC45 body custom.

DTW

Reaction score
I'd prefer to get the initial release, since the new one just looks too dingy to me. Can the head be swapped onto any previous, more poseable Rex figures (like, say, the jet-pack Rex)?

Reaction score
I'd prefer to get the initial release, since the new one just looks too dingy to me. Can the head be swapped onto any previous, more poseable Rex figures (like, say, the jet-pack Rex)?
If it's the same helmet as the 2012 release which it seems to be, then yes, it fits on the Jetpack Rex, and VC45 bodies too with some forcing at the initial point of pushing it on. Any older Rex bodies is a no go without modding it since it's a different size neck joint on the older stuff.

Reaction score
Yes, it can be swapped with the jet pack Rex. That's how I fixed mine.

Reaction score
I am using him with the Vintage 501st figures as they go well together & if anyone has a loose Jetpack Captain Rex, need him for a custom, I would be willing to trade a loose Clone Commander Colt & a loose Phase 2 Clone Trooper for him.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am using him with the Vintage 501st figures as they go well together & if anyone has a loose Jetpack Captain Rex, need him for a custom, I would be willing to trade a loose Clone Commander Colt & a loose Phase 2 Clone Trooper for him.
If you're still looking, I think I have one carded. With TCW line ending, it's time to trade off of all the extras that I have.