Captain Rex - Phase 2 - CW13

Reaction score
For as large as his helmet has looked in images, I was hoping that it would be removable. Ah, well, I've got Rexes to spare. It'll be kitbash time once I've got my hands on this bad boy.

Reaction score
For as large as his helmet has looked in images, I was hoping that it would be removable.
Are we sure it's not removeable? If not, that is still one large bucket. I'm pretty disappointed by the size of it (that's what she said).

Reaction score
I can pretty much guarantee it's removable... the size gives away its a screw up like the Phase 2 VC Clone.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If there's one figure in the second wave that I absolutely need to have, then it is this one.

New pics of Rex:

rex_loose.jpg
This figure looks great except for the bulging helmet, which I'm sure will be removable, and thus can be flattened out. But they should have saved the rotary cannon for Hardcase...

Reaction score
That rotary cannon is again a very lame accessory.
Maybe they should have given Rex, in addition to the cannon, some removeable macrobinoculars for his helmet since he frequently wears them in the Umbara story arc...

Reaction score
I sorta just want this one to give his helmet and kama to my realistic TVC-style Rex. Then he'd have both phases of armor like Fordo!

Reaction score
That helmet is definitely removable guys, I wouldn't worry. However, what got me is that in zooming in on Rex's knees, they look like they might be static, especially when comparing them to Cody and the generic Clone.

Reaction score
Looks like no knees, wrists, or ankles to me. Could be a pre-production piece just for the photos though. (hopefully)

Reaction score
I got the regular Phase II CW clone yesterday, and am super impressed with it. If it's the same/a similar sculpt/design, I'll love this even more.

Just a question about General Phase II CW clones... hasn't anyone noticed how it's hard to put them with the other CW clones? The new ones seem to be way to realistically animated (honestly, I'm liking the new sculpt) and different for me to put them with the others...

Reaction score
Looks like no knees, wrists, or ankles to me. Could be a pre-production piece just for the photos though. (hopefully)
Oh man...you're right...HE HAS NO WRISTS EITHER!!! :'(
I looked at the packaged photo too at it's full close-up range and again, no knees...they looked fused and those wrists look fused too. Ugh, definitely a let-down, though very fixable.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you guys are right on the wrist / knee issue, then I don't understand why on the one hand Hasbro would give Cody a completely new ankle joint (at least for CW Clone), but omit some of the most essential articulation points on a core character on the other. The problem, however, is that if he has almost no articulation, people will buy him anyway. So Hasbro's strategy seems to work.
I really, really hope that these pics do not show the final product. I mean, it's already a huge drawback that he has no ankles, but no knees, no wrists, no nothing, come on Hasbro that's outrageous!

Reaction score
I love the tick marks on his legs and forearms; but that big helmet is still throwing me off. That is one huge melon up there. I'm also a little worried about the knees and wrists. Please Lord, say it isn't so.....

o-o

Reaction score
Indeed, it doesn't look like he has wrist, knee, or ankle articulation. Wow Hasbro. :'(
1 step forward with cody, and 2 steps back with rex. I do feel like I may still end up getting him, if only so that my large amount of Phase 2 clones dont have a p1 rex (although thats most likely what hasbros plan was, and then the better version will be in the 4th deluxe set of 2013) hopefully Wolfe and fox wont be like rex.

Reaction score
1 step forward with cody, and 2 steps back with rex. I do feel like I may still end up getting him, if only so that my large amount of Phase 2 clones dont have a p1 rex (although thats most likely what hasbros plan was, and then the better version will be in the 4th deluxe set of 2013) hopefully Wolfe and fox wont be like rex.
This is a step backward decades in length imo, if this is really what we're getting. Even ROTS Bacara had wrists and ankles. I still plan on getting him because it should be pretty easy to kit-bash the figure up to standard. Even so, I'm sure many here would prefer that it didn''t have to come to that. Again, if this is really what we're getting, then wow, did Hasbro ever give this line the budget shaft!

Reaction score
This is a step backward decades in length imo, if this is really what we're getting. Even ROTS Bacara had wrists and ankles. I still plan on getting him because it should be pretty easy to kit-bash the figure up to standard. Even so, I'm sure many here would prefer that it didn''t have to come to that. Again, if this is really what we're getting, then wow, did Hasbro ever give this line the budget shaft!
I cant help but feel that since this line is in teh same packegwe as movie heroes with the blue border instead, they felt it needed to be movie heroes quality

Reaction score
I cant help but feel that since this line is in teh same packegwe as movie heroes with the blue border instead, they felt it needed to be movie heroes quality
Even that's pushing it. Some of the Movie Hero figures actually have better articulation than Rex here. Hopefully it's just a crappy photo/prototype to show off a potential new product as opposed to the ultimate, final one. There's no way would Hasbro release an all action (Hero) Clone Trooper with no articulation at all. Even kids would go 'WTF is this?'

Reaction score
I feel like im the boy who called wolf, making this post on a third figure now. But it really doesnt look like he has Wrists or Knees from any of those pics on Rebelscums Toyfair gallery.

Reaction score
No knees or wrists. Same for Wolffe. I guess Hasbro was right when they said that the collector truly doesn't matter when it comes to this line.

Reaction score
No knees or wrists. Same for Wolffe. I guess Hasbro was right when they said that the collector truly doesn't matter when it comes to this line.
sounds like the kids that have their figures crouch and fit in their vehicles nicely dont either. I remember back when I played with them Knees were a key feature that I enjoyed have, wrists too.

Reaction score
I'm disappointed by what I'm hearing in regards to the figure's mobility, but thanking the fates that I've managed to hold on to a couple extra Rex figures. I just need the helmet and the paultron, the rest I can kitbash.

Reaction score
I was very surprised to see that Rex and Wolffe do not have as much articulation as they ought to have. Bad move on Hasbro's part.:(

I will most likely wind up customizing one of my plain Phase 2 Clones into Rex.

Reaction score
What's with his giant helmet? :disgusted:
I've been saying that since NYCC: what's the deal with his big, effing helmet? And now Wolffe is sporting a pumpkin bucket, too! I guess I am going to have to wait anxiously for the inevitable resculpt of Rex in years to come. Why did Cody get tons of leg articulation (knees and ankles) and wrist joints, but Rex was thrown out in the cold? Why do these decisions seem so random to me?

If I am not mistaken, Obi-Wan is the only one shown that has knees, right? (I'm not counting Aayla, who is a repack). Wow! Hasbro actually accomplished something: they made Obi-Wan the coolest figure in the bunch! Who'da thunk it?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Why do these decisions seem so random to me?
That's the only explanation, RegJr. This one or mere greed for money.
Hasbro must have rolled a dice in order to determine which (clone) character gets the most articulation. And in this case it must have been Cody. This decision cannot be based on logical thinking. I mean Rex is the most prominent clone in The Clone Wars! He shouldn't be made into a statue, at least not when he's conceptualised for a 3 3/4 action figure toyline.

Reaction score
I can't believe that Hasbro have done this at all. This is gonna annoy every aspect of the market. Collectors are gonna be angry since we're OCD about articulation, kids are gonna moan 'cos the figures can't sit well in vehicles.
Clones never, ever stand like that when in action, so seeing as how they're ACTION figures, they shouldn't have this statue pose.
Every press photo of phase II rex from the show itself show him in crazy poses i.e. kneeling, running, mid jump etc. Now we won't be able to re-enact this with this figure. Shame on you Hasbro, releasing toys in the 21st century as statues. I can find £1 shop 3 3/4 inch figures with ball jointed everything, so if they can be done, a big company like Hasbro should be able to.

Reaction score
I can't believe that Hasbro have done this at all. This is gonna annoy every aspect of the market. Collectors are gonna be angry since we're OCD about articulation, kids are gonna moan 'cos the figures can't sit well in vehicles.
Clones never, ever stand like that when in action, so seeing as how they're ACTION figures, they shouldn't have this statue pose.
Every press photo of phase II rex from the show itself show him in crazy poses i.e. kneeling, running, mid jump etc. Now we won't be able to re-enact this with this figure. Shame on you Hasbro, releasing toys in the 21st century as statues. I can find £1 shop 3 3/4 inch figures with ball jointed everything, so if they can be done, a big company like Hasbro should be able to.
yeah I'm loosing interest fast with the clone wars. ill probably buy rex..... maybe get wolfee or boss and that's it, unless Hasbro realizes that they messed up and re-release them with articulation. I've always been more interested in the clone wars since they came out with episodes 2 and 3. and all the figures from those lines are pretty plan and boring, TCW figures actually looked pretty cool, but if they're going to keep this up then i don't see many people buying these in the next few years. maybe the really little kids who get those imaginex "figures" would like these.

Reaction score
and to think we all used to take the **** out of the POTF figures...at this rate they will have more articulation than the new stuff

Reaction score
Agreed. I am really losing interest in this line. Lack of articulation, by the looks of it, no removable helmet, and increase in price. I will definitely not purchase a lot this year. Maybe the Rex and the Wolffe, Nothing else. I was really looking forward to customizing the new phase 2 clones, but at the rate Hasbro is going I might just pull the plug before it has even been plugged.

Reaction score
Hasbro has the ability to **** away money at an extreme rate....
Their better at it than Mattel!

Reaction score
I'm willing to bet this is because at the end of the year were getting Phase 2 Rex realistic.
Or to maximize returns. Add one set of joints per release = $$$. Think about it:

2012 Release: Pretty much static, crappy paint and helmet.
2013 Release: Knees Added
2014 Release: Ankles Added
2015 Release: Wrists Added
2016 Release: Removable Helmet, but it's got the same articulation as the 2012 release, and the heads don't swap
2017 Release: Knees Added
2018 Release: Ankles Added
2019 Release: Wrists Added

That's 8 releases!

Reaction score
What in the...Why would they even bother spending money to MAKE brand new legs that can't move when they have 2 sets of legs that work fine?!?!

It's like they WANT the CW line to crash and burn from poor fan demand!