Captain Rex - #59

Reaction score
But, by Return of the Jedi, wouldn't Rex have died of old age already given the Clones' accelerated growth/aging?
We figured it out on TFN.

Rex would be about 72 (equivalent) years old by ROTJ (or about Harrison Ford's age in TFA).

I mean, that's pretty old to be fighting, sure (even if Nik Sant didn't look all that much younger than that), but it's not so old that Rex would have to be dead by then. :)

Reaction score
You guys are assuming Kal Skirata didnt find the cure for the accelerated aging

Reaction score
So what exactly happened with Rex? Sorry to bump an old thread but an announcement that's a year and a half old and nothing can't look good for the project.

Reaction score
So what exactly happened with Rex? Sorry to bump an old thread but an announcement that's a year and a half old and nothing can't look good for the project.
I'm guessing we are not going to see a figure of him, which is sad, but if they make a figure of the version from Rebels, I sure won't buy it. That just is not Rex to me. I know you will all disagree but I have little love for Rebels. I had my hopes, but at this point, I would be shocked if got a figure of his Clone Wars form.

Reaction score
I saw this thread and got really excited and hopeful that some news was announced regarding this figure. Oh well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
The fact that Ahsoka was Rebels form would make me assume Rex will be too.. Which I'm ok with!

Reaction score
If they release Rex as the rebels version, they are so NOT getting my money. That is not the Rex I know. Long story short, I find the Clone Wars version so much more, well, clone. I can't stand the Rebels version as he just doesn't have the same look. I'll leave now.

Reaction score
I'd be shocked if this release is Old Man Rex. Never mind this figure was probably in development before the Rebels' incarnation was designed.
The real question is that if he'll have the Phase I or II helmet.

Reaction score
If it's old man Rex it will be the "realistic" version like Kanan and co. so it *could* wind up being very gritty and awesome.

Reaction score
Rebels, Clone Wars. I'm not picky. I love Rex, in whatever form (and size) he comes in. I'll be dragging myself around to empty retail shelves to try to find this figure when he shows up (unless the case he comes in has enough accompanying awesome to justify shelling out more money on the entire case).

Reaction score
I'd prefer Phase 2 Clone Wars Rex as well but santa Rex with a removable helmet as well made as Jango wouldn't be too bad.

Reaction score
I'll take either Rebels or Phase II Rex, both in time. I'd least like a Phase I Rex. There are way too many Phase I clones already.

Reaction score
I'd be shocked if this release is Old Man Rex. Never mind this figure was probably in development before the Rebels' incarnation was designed.
The real question is that if he'll have the Phase I or II helmet.
I'm with you on this fact RogueKnite. I'd buy him even if he was released with the Phase I helmet. I'm not terribly picky in that department, as I cosplayed as Phase I Rex for about a four year span, till the armor called it quits. Speak of, I totally need to get to work refabricating it and my other cosplay needs to get started. *Runs off to get to work on cosplay armor*

GNT

Reaction score
Finally Captain Rex is getting released, it'll be his phase 2 outfit.

Reaction score
It looks like they are using cloth goods for his "skirt".

Unfortunately it looks like its the same body as the clones we've seen before, which means terrible shoulder movement (horizontally). I haven't minded it so far with the clones because they hold their guns two handed across their chests, but Rex holds two pistols, and it's going to really limit what you can do with him. I would have hoped they would have added new shoulder pauldrons to him, much like the rubbery ones on the Rogue One troopers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm buying him, two in fact, It's REX! I just wish they'd fix that.

Reaction score
jesus this topic was started in 2014...and I posted in it in 2014.

Gold neds to be taken down a notch on the helmet, he has some due to the molding of 2 helmets together but it isn't that noticeable.

Reaction score
Really looks great, will get him for sure. Hope we get Bly next.

I am happy for everyone who has been waiting for this but if it was Rebels Rex I'd be estatic!

Reaction score
Really looks great, will get him for sure. Hope we get Bly next.

I am happy for everyone who has been waiting for this but if it was Rebels Rex I'd be estatic!
I consider the 'Rex' from rebels a different clone........................ Cant's stand that beard. BUT WE GOT A REX!!!!!!!!!!!!! And a darned good one at that..........I NEED one.

Reaction score
I consider the 'Rex' from rebels a different clone........................ Cant's stand that beard. BUT WE GOT A REX!!!!!!!!!!!!! And a darned good one at that..........I NEED one.
Yeah, and my personal favorite version of Rex too.