Captain Rex - #59

GNT

Reaction score
JTA have posted that we'll be seeing a Captain Rex in the 6" line...

"While not on display, fans of The Clone Wars will be thrilled to know that Captain Rex is confirmed for the six-inch scale line!"

Can't wait to see pictures of him. Who's going to be picking him up?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hopefully they pay more attention to detail to Rex than they seemingly did with Cody. I'd assume its going to be Phase II. If they don't do Cody with a removable helmet then Rex probably won't either which is a disappointment. Soft goods kama is a MUST!

Reaction score
Hopefully they pay more attention to detail to Rex than they seemingly did with Cody. I'd assume its going to be Phase II. If they don't do Cody with a removable helmet then Rex probably won't either which is a disappointment. Soft goods kama is a MUST!
I'm definitely gonna buy him!!! I agree a soft goods Kama would be great, but personally I'd prefer a phase1 helmet!!! Maybe we will get lucky and get both, or at minimum, the give us one helmet and a swappable head!!! I hope that the paint issues people are complaint about are just oversights on these prototypes, and that they'll be resolved on the final products!!! I love this line and don't have much to complain about besides the QC on the paint apps, but I'm in agreeance with everyone on the fact that these figures NEED more accessories packed in to add value!!!

Reaction score
JTA have posted that we'll be seeing a Captain Rex in the 6" line...

"While not on display, fans of The Clone Wars will be thrilled to know that Captain Rex is confirmed for the six-inch scale line!"
Okay. But fans definitely won't be thrilled to eventually see a Rex that either does not come with a removable helmet, or a plastic kama, or just his two blaster pistols as accessories. I know that there's still no reason to be that pessimistic about a figure that wasn't even on display, but Hasbro continually skimping on accessories in this line is freaking me out.

Reaction score
I wonder if this will also be the ROTS armor version? I am not sure which one, I want! I supposed ROTS so he'll match up with Cody.

Reaction score
I hope he's in his animated form. That's the only version I'll buy. Not a fan of Hasbro's reworking of the characters likeness to make them look realistic.

Reaction score
Floating through the Alderaan debris field
I have to admit, I always hated the "animated" look to the CW figures. That being said, if he comes out looking "animated", it'll come down to his overall appearance. If they make him look more like a "deleted ROTS character" (more "live-action"), I'll definitely buy 1

Reaction score
Cody itself looks pretty awesome I think. It's just the fact that Habsro again failed to include any self-evident accessories like a Clone head / alternate helmet, Obi Wan's lightsaber hilt or a Sidious hologram. However, a lack of accessories doesn't automatically make the entire figure less good. But each to his own.

Reaction score
This is exciting news! I'll definitely be picking up Rex. I wasn't planning on getting any AOTC Clone Troopers but I might pick up a couple to go with him.

Reaction score
I'm curious is the holo-Palpie from the Vintage collection Cody will fit in BS6's hand. The VC version always seemed a bit large for the 3.75 figure to hold it. I'm already tempted to trim it down so that BS6 Cody can hold it in his palm "correctly".

Reaction score
If this figure comes in animated form, then I might seriously consider it. I'd love to see him in his phase II uniform. Both helmets would be aces, though. And since he was seen primarily just with blaster pistols, I'm fine with only those weapons as accessories. So, two helmets and two pistols, and I'd say that that is plenty of good stuff.

Reaction score
Because of my overwhelming affection for the character, I'm down with a few, no matter what version hits retail.

That said, if I had my druthers, this Rex would come packed thusly:

- In his Phase II armor (include a Phase I bucket as an extra, though, and I'll whistle a happy tune).
- With a swappable, helmet-free head (or, failing that, a removable helmet).
- A realistic sculpt.

If Hasbro somehow hits on all three of these, I'll be thrilled. If they give us this, while also including any number of additional extras?

Holy cow!

The Phase II thing does give me pause, though.

For a time I never thought it might actually happen, but I kind of feel as though, over the past few years now, Rex's Phase II gear has become his signature, iconic look.

I'd almost expect this to be how he comes packed.

Here's the rub, though. In that same JTA interview, the Hasbro rep also mentioned not to really expect any Phase II clones coming in the TBS6 line any time soon. Now, I suppose he may have been speaking more to the general troopers, and not Rex, specifically. But I have to wonder.

Reaction score
Here's the rub, though. In that same JTA interview, the Hasbro rep also mentioned not to really expect any Phase II clones coming in the TBS6 line any time soon. Now, I suppose he may have been speaking more to the general troopers, and not Rex, specifically. But I have to wonder.
I, for one, think your initial assumption is correct. Though it'd be easy money for Hasbro (quick, and subtle repaint potential), I'm willing to bet Hasbro will put out "key" phase 2 Clones (Cody, Commander Gree, etc.) first then perhaps provide Phase 2 generics. I think they went w/ the generic Phase 1 trooper early on due to the ease for "Army builders".

Reaction score
The Cody looks fantastic. Not sure what you are talking about.

Reaction score
We haven't seen the final packaged item yet...
He said it "looks fantastic" as in present tense. :) I'd disagree. At this point it looks average, to good at best. To me, what we have seen looks-wise so far is not fantastic.

Reaction score
Any hope for seeing a 6" Rex at Toy Fair? Eh, probably much too soon.

Celebration Anaheim? Maybe. I assume Hasbro will have a presence there, at least.

SDCC? Well, if we are ever going to see a TBS Rex anytime in the foreseeable future, this may be our last, best hope, yeah?

Me? I love Rex and I'm dying to see him show up. Just give us a sign, Hasbro. :)

Reaction score
Well, if this rumor holds and he is released....Well, I'm gonna be broke, at this rate anyway. But if I can get my hands on two, I could so easily customize one to be either ARC Commander Alpha Zeta or ARC Commander Eli (They are both original characters in my art & writing). Dang it......I'm gonna need at least one more job that actually pays well.

Reaction score
No word on Rex out of Celebration? I was hoping that with the reveal of the Tano prototype that maybe we'd hear something about this one.

Fingers crossed!

Reaction score
Gee GNT, seeing that image.. Makes me wonder if someone's trying to give that un-named Rebel soldier on Endor a backstory? (Old man rebel in Scout trooper costume turns out to have been Rex all along)
Whoa, whoa, whoa...Nik Van Sant turns out to be...Rex?

The Rebels version of Rex looks pretty beefy...much more than any of the Endor rebels in ROTJ. Interesting thought though....

Reaction score
Don't worry: now that the EU has been disbanded, Disney can do whatever it wants to give new backstory to that trooper...
That's true and you know what?

Nik Sant really does resemble an even older version of Rebels' Rex.

I know you guys were joking, but given the similarity in look, it's actually not the worst ret-con I've ever heard.

Hey, maybe the reason they had old Rex don that Biker Scout armor on Endor is because he is so used to wearing Republic/Imperial gear that he would instinctively know how to impersonate a 'trooper? :p

Reaction score
I hope that we are not getting the old Rex as 6 inch. I would rather have his phase 2 look, full armor.

Uki

Reaction score
I'd definitely prefer either CW look, but I AM pumped to see him in Rebels!

Reaction score
I'd definitely prefer either CW look, but I AM pumped to see him in Rebels!
Me, too.

Super-excited to have Rex back, but I hope (and expect) to see a CW Rex released.

My only question is whether it will be Phase I or II Rex?

Personally, I prefer the second, later-war look. But eventually, I'd like to see both versions put out there.

Reaction score
I'd like a blend of realism and cg. Kind of like what the Ahsoka prototype looked like. These things look beautiful before they're painted... hahaha.
I just hope they add a Kama with dual pistols, I shouldn't even have to hope but you never know with Hasbro...

Reaction score
That's true and you know what?

Nik Sant really does resemble an even older version of Rebels' Rex.

I know you guys were joking, but given the similarity in look, it's actually not the worst ret-con I've ever heard.

Hey, maybe the reason they had old Rex don that Biker Scout armor on Endor is because he is so used to wearing Republic/Imperial gear that he would instinctively know how to impersonate a 'trooper? :p
But, by Return of the Jedi, wouldn't Rex have died of old age already given the Clones' accelerated growth/aging?

Reaction score
That's about hmm 8 years to ROTJ? so Rex with double aging is in his late 50's, say 58. Add 18 so say he would be 76 in ROTJ.