Captain Phasma - Walmart

GNT

Reaction score
According to latest reports we'll be seeing Captain Phasma in the Walmart wave. Any thoughts on this figure?

Reaction score
Yes, I only hope it actually gets to Wal-Mart stores unlike some of the current ones. I will be picking her up for sure.
Are you having trouble finding some of them? My TRU has a ton of each, so I am not worrying, but is it like an area thing? Or does it depend on the Walmart? Just seems strange they wouldn't give a plentiful amount of stock to each store.

Reaction score
My two conditions for buying this figure:
1) Legit shiny armor
2) The character is retroactively made to actually do something in the movie

Sooo... guess I won't be buying this one. B)

Reaction score
Great - another figure 99% of us won't be able to find at retail or purchase online at retail price.

Reaction score
We are talking about the Black series version not the 5 POA.

=boba772;19760905]Are you having trouble finding some of them? My TRU has a ton of each, so I am not worrying, but is it like an area thing? Or does it depend on the Walmart? Just seems strange they wouldn't give a plentiful amount of stock to each store.[/QUOTE]

Reaction score
I didn't see this report...is it definite? And what other figures are in the wave besides Asty?

Reaction score
My two conditions for buying this figure:
1) Legit shiny armor
2) The character is retroactively made to actually do something in the movie

Sooo... guess I won't be buying this one. B)
Seriously. After seeing the movie, I no longer care one whit about this figure/character.

Reaction score
I'll be getting her. There's so few SA figures released lately it's a no brainer. As long as i can get one at about retail that is.

Reaction score
It's funny-- I'd rather have a SA Hux than Phasma at this point.
Agreed! Which is why I've held off buying the 5POA version so far, in hopes that he was right around the corner. IMO, it is Luke, Han, Leia that deserve SA representations. Not these secondary death scene nominees.

The only reason I'm interested i Atsy, is hopefully for the helmet less head for customs.

Reaction score
Awesome news!!! Please make at least 3 more waves, Hasbro. I am really excited about this figure! Hoping we get Han, Hux, Flametrooper, Snowtrooper, Guavian Enforcer, Resistance Poe and a few others still.

Reaction score
Glad they're still continuing SA figures, but is this all they have to report for us so far? One quick-barbecued alien pilot and one Stormtrooper Commander who did nothing but look menacing for less than two minutes before she got dumped down a trash compactor?

Okay, sure I'll get these if only for the fact they have articulation if nothing else. But surely the wave's gonna more than just two figures.

Am I too needy?

Reaction score
They can't announce a Han Solo SA until they're sure everybody has bought the 5POA version. Then, only then, a Han Solo will there be. :sneaky:

Reaction score
It's also been confirmed that she will have a bigger role in Episode VIII, so that will be cool. I still think she should have sounded an alarm and risked being killed instead of just giving up so easily.

Reaction score
Hasbro confirmed it at the roundtable discussion at Toy Fair. Black Series 3.75" will continue for 2016 and was a success. 2 waves planned for spring and for summer/fall. Unfortunately, it will remain a Wal*Mart exclusive for this year as well.

Reaction score
I'll buy them all to support SA. Still looking for figures that haven't already been made in that other scale though.

i know i know, probably not going to happen

Reaction score
Just wait until the second movie.
Of course, I suppose there'll be another Phasma figure by that time. Ooh! Or maybe 3D printing will be cheap and easy enough that the metallic armor will be achievable! Combined with a better on-screen character! All my wishes may come true!

Reaction score
Of course, I suppose there'll be another Phasma figure by that time. Ooh! Or maybe 3D printing will be cheap and easy enough that the metallic armor will be achievable! Combined with a better on-screen character! All my wishes may come true!
Or you will have the Artfx and Bandai versions available, higher quality and probably for cheaper than what scalpers will ask for the Hasbro version on ebay.

Reaction score
Is the armor different enough to have its own tooling or can they just modify and use the Storm trooper mold and add a soft good cape and unique head?

If it is common enough, that may be why we are getting her and Asty, they can both be made with tools from the existing waves with minimal changes.

Reaction score
I would imagine she would have to be an all-new mold as she should be taller than the standard stormtrooper.

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not sure why so many people require Phasma to be some crazy awesome character to justify buying the toy. There are countless characters in the Star Wars universe that did virtually nothing in the films that people still clamor over. I like Phasma because she looks so ******.
I liked Phsama. Yeah her part was shorted in the film but her armor looks awesome. I am looking forward to this one.

Reaction score
I would imagine she would have to be an all-new mold as she should be taller than the standard stormtrooper.
That is exactly what I was thinking but knowing Hasbro's tendency to skimp on tooling I bet the just make a longer shin or something and the fan outcry will be heard from space... is the helmet exactly the same? I don't think hers has the light in the left cheek.

Reaction score
I'd get one if I see her in the wild but the main selling points for me would be super shiny chrome armor, fabric cape and removable helmet with Christie's headsculpt underneath (and yes I know we never saw her without the helmet but as I have 10 of Phasma already including a 6" and 12" version I want a super articulated pull out all the stops Phasma)

Reaction score
If the articulation on her is as well blended as it is on the FO Stormtrooper (and I don't see why it wouldn't be), I'll pick her up. If she's shiny chrome with a SG cape I'll trip over myself to get her.

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not sure why so many people require Phasma to be some crazy awesome character to justify buying the toy. There are countless characters in the Star Wars universe that did virtually nothing in the films that people still clamor over. /QUOTE]
Yes, because those characters actually have a cool design. Instead of some boring silver armor. That's fine if you like it, but don't knock other people for having different tastes in what they want from their figures.
Personally I love the obscure background Aliens/characters more than most of the ones that are in your face. And take up most of teh screen time. I don't need the character to have some Awesome back story, or to do the craziest thing on screen for me to like them. I like interesting and detailed designs. Something that no doubt took some time to refine. Not update take a 30 years old Stormie design, and spin it with edginess.

Reaction score
Two characteristics that would make this a must-buy: Soft goods cape, vac chrome.

Remember when all C-CPOs had the vac gold detailing? Now they just paint him gold? Yeah, this is what makes me think vac chrome is highly unlikely for this figure. At least at this point. They'll paint all of her figures for a while, and then when they sell through they'll do the vac detailing so we can all rebuy her.

I think the soft goods cape is more realistic. If they don't at least give her that, I may stick with my 5poa version.

Reaction score
She deserve to have her own 3.75" figure and same amount of articulation as the 6" TBS counterpart.

Reaction score
Is the armor different enough to have its own tooling or can they just modify and use the Storm trooper mold and add a soft good cape and unique head?

If it is common enough, that may be why we are getting her and Asty, they can both be made with tools from the existing waves with minimal changes.
Did the 6" Asty share the same body as Poe? Did the 6" Phasma share the same body as the Stormtooper? Did any of 3.75" 5 POA figures share parts?

I know bashing Hasbro is the cool thing to do but there hasn't been a precedent set for all this mold sharing in any of the TFA figures yet - why would this limited release exclusive set be the ones that starts it? They didn't use any of 5 POA parts for TBS Kylo Ren and that would have been easy (the head/scarf). I'm not positive but I don't think (could be wrong) that the Finn/Rey/Poe headsculpts are the same as the 5 POA ones.

Reaction score
Two characteristics that would make this a must-buy: Soft goods cape, vac chrome.

Remember when all C-CPOs had the vac gold detailing? Now they just paint him gold? Yeah, this is what makes me think vac chrome is highly unlikely for this figure. At least at this point. They'll paint all of her figures for a while, and then when they sell through they'll do the vac detailing so we can all rebuy her.

I think the soft goods cape is more realistic. If they don't at least give her that, I may stick with my 5poa version.
I seem to remember an interview posted on the main page here where a Hasbro guy said vac gold/chrome was out of the question due to some sort of concerns... I want to say regulatory or environmental/health? It sounds like they want to do it, but are prohibited from doing it for some reason like that. Which is lame.