Captain Mar Tuuk

GNT

Reaction score
If there's a Neimoidian about then Rune_Haako isn't far away at all, Rune_Haako suggested this thread

As per usual in the PT universe there's a blockade going on and this time it's over the planet of Ryloth, to stop the Jedi and the Republic from invading Ryloth Captain Mar Tuuk must stop them at all costs in the new episode "Storm Over Ryloth".

Anyone else besides Rune_Haako and myself that would be up for another baddie in the Clone Wars toyline?

Reaction score
Yeah I'd buy him. Seeing as we still never got one of these in realistic style I'd much prefer that type.

Reaction score
I may be in for one. It depends how well he looks, as it is sculpt and paint that will make this figure, not articulation.

Reaction score
I dont know if a random Neimodian that lasted one episode will be made into a figure, I doubt it, but if they do release him, he'd need a significant accessory or he'll pegwarm to no end.

Reaction score
Rune_Haako said:
They said Lucas loved the character, so he'll no doubt be returning in later episodes.
Lucas loved lots of things! In fact, he eithers goes "Sure, I love it" or "naw!". Love the "Naw" parts of the Commentaries and Special Features.

But come-on... Lets be realistic. He's probably liked few hundred, thousands of designs in The Clone Wars. But will they all return? Nope. It's a way of "Marketing the Character" in a sense.

Reaction score
I thought last we heard of this guy the Battle droid commander said he was in an escape pod. Also in teh crawl of ROTS it said there were heroes on both sides. This guy has respect for his enemy, doesnt do anything too underhanded or evil, other than working for the seps. I like the emblem on his head dress and the equipment he wears on his face, I can see why he is likable and would like;ly get him if he were produced.

Reaction score
As I was watching this episode: I thought of two things. One, how long before someone flips out over the accent? Though the Neimoidians were hardly the most offensive of the prequel "ethnic" aliens, they still rattled some cages, and the Clone Wars are continuing the trend.

Second, I want a figure of this character as well. Finally, a Separatist leader with marginal competence!

Reaction score
Blight said:
Seeing as we still never got one of these in realistic style I'd much prefer that type.
Why would they do one in realistic style when he's not in any of the films?

This looks an interesting character, I'll wait to see images of a figure if and when they emerge before deciding on getting him.

Reaction score
I really liked this "enemy". I still think its a shame that they get beat so regularly. I would rather see them be a bit more of a challenge. That was one think that liked about grevious in the first Cartoon Network CW. He kicked the Jedi up and down the boards. Even in the movie, he was close to beating OB1 most of the fight.

FF to the CW and he's a punk who is foiled at every turn.

Reaction score
I'd be up for a captain Mukk, he's kinda my new favorite villan. I like how he wasn't the typical Neimodian/Separatist Commander, he had a lot of personality as far as these guys go.

GNT

Reaction score
Rune_Haako said:
They said Lucas loved the character, so he'll no doubt be returning in later episodes.
Which is a good thing, it's about time the villains make it past one or 2 episodes (besides Grievous and Asajj). The more he shows up te better the chances of seeing a figure

Reaction score
He should come back. He did get away in the end. This felt cool like a phantom menace episode. I don't like how the powers that be seem to be shying away from the Jedi killing anyone that isn't a droid or a monster beast. In episode one the trade federation battleship was crewed by battle droids, but also by Neimodian pilots and various others. In this episode and pretty much any other it seems that 1 living person is in charge or a ship of droids. It's pretty much the same with the Jedi. A general or admiral with a ship of clones. It makes the war a bit clean. Regardless I thought this Neimodian was very cool. Bring him on!

Reaction score
My wife pointed out " Why dont Dooku just kill Ventress, she loses every duel and is nearly useless"

Reaction score
I want this guy I'm always up for a septitist commander that can be cut down by clones after fighting their way through the clankers lines.

Reaction score
Cyclone said:
I really liked this "enemy". I still think its a shame that they get beat so regularly. I would rather see them be a bit more of a challenge. That was one think that liked about grevious in the first Cartoon Network CW. He kicked the Jedi up and down the boards. Even in the movie, he was close to beating OB1 most of the fight.

FF to the CW and he's a punk who is foiled at every turn.
Yeah, I really wish we could see the Jedi and the Republic get defeated sometimes. I know it's a kids show and the good guys are supposed to win, but this series makes it seem like the CIS was getting hosed the entire war. Hopefully the series will get darker as we go on and we'll see the Republic getting kicked down a little. Like in the episode with the traitor Senate Commando.
And yes, original Clone Wars John Dimaggio voiced Grievous > movie and CGI Clone Wars Grievous. He's just such a pathetic character now.

Reaction score
Cool looking baddie - looks visually interesting, am looking forward to seeing him in the episode. From the trailer I saw, he looked pretty cool.

Reaction score
If they make this character and pack him with a command chair, that would be a great accessory to repack with a Tey How figure.

Reaction score
As sweet as this would be....hasbro doesnt seem to like Neimoidians or even Separatists for that matter

Reaction score
Tikkes said:
As sweet as this would be....hasbro doesnt seem to like Neimoidians or even Separatists for that matter
Unfortunately that's because shoppers don't seem to. Nonetheless we do get them drip fed out over teh years so with luck we'll get this guy and others that are not yet made, including Tikkes. We have to accept the reality though - separatists (and especially Neimoidians) aren't big sellers, so we can't expect Hasbro to release them at the same rate as more popular categories like Jedi or Clones.

Reaction score
I'd pick one up, but just because I am a set collector. If I was picky, I probably wouldn't. I had my fill with Episode 1 and 2 figs.

GNT

Reaction score
ReverendStrone said:
Tikkes said:
Unfortunately that's because shoppers don't seem to. Nonetheless we do get them drip fed out over teh years so with luck we'll get this guy and others that are not yet made, including Tikkes. We have to accept the reality though - separatists (and especially Neimoidians) aren't big sellers, so we can't expect Hasbro to release them at the same rate as more popular categories like Jedi or Clones.
Agreed, Neimoidian's don't seem to sell well, they're always hanging around for months on end so maybe a battlepack would be better for Tuuk.

Reaction score
I think they should toss all the Separatists that we still need into a Multipack and make it a online exclusive

Reaction score
I liked his character a lot. Not sure if we really will see him again, but another Sep would be nice. But we all know his species likes to clog the pegs. *sigh*