Captain Lock - KMart Exclusive

GNT

Reaction score
These pictures popped up in the News and Rumor Central thread so it's time for the Captain Lock thread to discuss this toy. No news on if he'll be in the basic line or in a battle pack at the present time.

Thoughts on Captain Lock?

Reaction score
Re: Captain Lock - CW**

Eh. Take/leave. Cody repaint aside, the colors are cool.

Reaction score

I'm surprised we have not seen Commander Fil. He had WAY more screen time that Captain Lock before biting the dust.

Cool figure, I will be dripping with anticipation for this one. New helmet and all.

Reaction score

yeah, the new helmet is yummy. and im digging the deco too. capt. lock is definitely on my wish list. can't wait for news of eeth koth!

Reaction score

Nice, but I would have preferred Keeli or a Riot Trooper.

Reaction score

Funny, I was just watching this episode the other day and I was wondering when/if they would release a figure. It also seems the helmet sculpt may herald a new Cody figure soon as well. Definite purchase.

GNT

Reaction score

fistofan said:
Nice, but I would have preferred Keeli or a Riot Trooper.
Maybe in the near future.

While I'm over the endless amounts of clones, Lock looks interesting on the eyes so count me in for one.

Reaction score

Second clone since Draa that I simply feel no magnetism toward.

It's a nice looking figure, I've just got 53 CW Clone Troopers and only TWO of them are plain white and ONE of those is Fives...

The irony will be that I will pass on him, then RIGHT AWAY CW Eeth Koth will be released and I will have no clones for him...

Can I change my mind?!?!

Reaction score

haha ill forgive you for one, man.. i have more or less the same feeling with lock, but i think he will look great with eeth koth so for me, getting him also depends on how koth will turn out.

Reaction score

nice deco. might be cool to get another captain but meh, we'll see

Reaction score

Loving him! Ever since I say him in the background, I knew he had to be made in plastic form. I'll pick up one for sure but like other have said, there could have been other good choices like Commander Fil.

Reaction score

The helmet could be good for an updated Commander Cody helmet at some point later. Add the antenna, repaint the helmet, drill inside the helmet (if it is not removable), and you have a new Cody helmet as a result. This figure is defiantly a must-have for me. Hopefully, Commanders Jet and Fil is not too far behind.

Reaction score

Excellent, definite want for me, hopefully his helmet is removable and its used for Cody in the future.

Reaction score

I was hoping they would give us a figure of these troopers eventually, Lock is a great start!

Reaction score

LOVE IT!!! Actually one of the better clones hasbro has done in a while. I will DEFINITELY get this once it comes out in packaging, as I never did customize him...

Reaction score

Does anyone recall real quick the exact name and/or number Episode he was in ? Thank you.

Reaction score

Maynard said:
Does anyone recall real quick the exact name and/or number Episode he was in ? Thank you.

Captain Lock had appeared in the the 9th episode of season 2 which was called: "Grievous Intrigue".

Reaction score

I would definitely pick up this figure. A two pack with Eeth Koth anyone?

Reaction score

Does Tunghori work at the Hasbro factory? How does he get so many figures early and army builders?

Reaction score

The figure looks really good, hope it has a removable helmet, my custom lock was not painted as well because there was only so few shots of him in the series. Glad hasbro is making him. I hope they make his troops too as well. Then I can use my current lock customs for something else.

Reaction score

I might pass this one looks just too much Cody coz its Cody repaint.

Reaction score

Taliax said:
Does Tunghori work at the Hasbro factory? How does he get so many figures early and army builders?
He knows someone inside Hasbro aand makes a killing off all this stuff. There is no other way he could get so much stuff and stuff that hasn't even bee offically revealed yet.

Reaction score

Halomite said:
Taliax said:
He knows someone inside Hasbro aand makes a killing off all this stuff. There is no other way he could get so much stuff and stuff that hasn't even bee offically revealed yet.
Correction: he AND the guy inside the Hasbro factory are making a killing on this stuff.

Hasbro said that eBay sellers are under investigation. When I heard this, I made a quick Tung buy. I guess the investigation is still ongoing.

Reaction score

Very forgettable character, I didnt remember him under I read his wiki page.

Reaction score

Meh... I'll probably pick him up during a sale since he's not worth the regular retail price imo. He had very little screen time during the episode. Besides, we don't even know if he survived or died or not.

Reaction score

Is it possible that this figure could be part of a battlepack with a few of Eeth Koth's clones. Or even better in a 2 pack with Eeth Koth himself.

Reaction score

I love the variety of Clones so I'll say YES to Captain Lock... true it's a Cody repaint but hopefully they give us a surprise of a new sculpted head under the helmet. that would be awesome.

GNT

Reaction score

steve2477 said:
Is it possible that this figure could be part of a battlepack with a few of Eeth Koth's clones. Or even better in a 2 pack with Eeth Koth himself.
We don't know much about his release at the moment so anything is possible at this stage.

Reaction score

steve2477 said:
I was going to ask what episode he was from, but I guess this explains it, right? So, he was one of the dudes with Eeth when Grievous, his MagnaGuards and the Commando Droids invaded their bridge? If so, he was KIA then & there, correct?

Reaction score

Maynard said:
steve2477 said:
I was going to ask what episode he was from, but I guess this explains it, right? So, he was one of the dudes with Eeth when Grievous, his MagnaGuards and the Commando Droids invaded their bridge? If so, he was KIA then & there, correct?
if i remember correctly, koth ordered lock (and most of the crew, presumably) to escape in the pods before he engaged and was captured by GG.

Reaction score

He is most likly to be in a Battle Pack or 2-Pack because he was not listed in the Wal-mart computers for the 1st half of 2011. We'll just have to wait and see.

Reaction score

picked one up last night off ebay.. even though it's a repaint of Cody.. I love my clone troopers especially the Commanders!

Reaction score

Just got mine from Tunghori. Nice figure. Uses the same head ball joint as Cody, so you could customize a new Cody helmet really easy.

Reaction score

Ironhide said:
Just got mine from Tunghori. Nice figure. Uses the same head ball joint as Cody, so you could customize a new Cody helmet really easy.
Hey Ironhide.. I picked mine up from Tunghori last night.. how long does he take to ship? Mine says estimated until about 3 weeks from now

Reaction score

ninjapleazee said:
Ironhide said:
Hey Ironhide.. I picked mine up from Tunghori last night.. how long does he take to ship? Mine says estimated until about 3 weeks from now
Well, My post up there says 12/7, today is 12/15. That's better than some eBayers in the states! Faster than Hasbro Toy Shop which I've been waiting several weeks now on the Vos wave. Of course I walk into Target today and could have scored the entire Vos wave. Murphy's Law.