Captain Jayfon & Commando - 2 Pack

GNT

Reaction score
Captain Jayfon & Commando - 2 Pack

Yakface have posted the "Senate Commando Captain" as coming in September of this year, no further details at this time.

Looks like it's coming - picture here.

Any thoughts on this?

Reaction score
Re: Senate Commando Captain

I think it should be in the CW section
(One of the blue clones isn't it?)

Reaction score

Yeah, almost certainly a CW pack (the price suggests multiple figures)

We've had Captain Argyus, but he was flawed thanks to his warped open-face helmet. A helmet-head black-visor commando captain (seen in the Season 1 finale when Cad Bane's bounty hunters assaulted the Senate) would be most welcome, along with a regular Senate Commando. Hopefully they'll tweak the blue; didn't seem right on Argyus.

It'd be really nice if they had different weapons, seeing as they aren't clonetroopers, but the series already shows us they just use boring ol' DC-15s like 80% of the figures in the line already.

Reaction score

i'm really excited about this! the senate commando sculpt is great (i hope they use the old argyus mold and not the stone mold or anything), i don't have an issue with the helmet and the color, its fine to me
i also wouldn't mind having the new senate commandos with the cape and the new helmet.

Reaction score

This would be an awesome figure, especially with the improved helmet.

Reaction score

In the preview last night for Season 3, there was a Senate Commando with a green-tinted helmet and a chain gun. I might have been seeing things, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't. Could this character be the figure?

Reaction score

Haloid1177 said:
In the preview last night for Season 3, there was a Senate Commando with a green-tinted helmet and a chain gun. I might have been seeing things, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't. Could this character be the figure?
I'm not really sure this guy is a senate commando , I hesitate to say he's a clone or a senate commando

We will see soon who is this character and who is this figure

Reaction score

Haloid1177 said:
It wasn't a Senate Commando, but a clone trooper or possible a Mandalorian? The face looked a lot like a clone though.

Reaction score

I thought it was a clone during a training sequence on kamino.

Reaction score

CaptRex08 said:
Haloid1177 said:
It wasn't a Senate Commando, but a clone trooper or possible a Mandalorian? The face looked a lot like a clone though.
I was just throwing the idea out there. That scene went so fast I didn't get a good look at him, and the armor looked blue-ish to me and his helmet looked similar to a Senate Commando helmet.

Reaction score

Haloid1177 said:
Captain_Piet said:
Hard to tell if it's a clone. Could be.
Even if it's not, it is not a Senate Commando, that's for sure.
How so? I see no distinct marking associated with the senate. That doesn't look like the senate chamber. Looks more like Kamino.

Reaction score

Captain_Piet said:
Haloid1177 said:
Captain_Piet said:
Hard to tell if it's a clone. Could be.
Even if it's not, it is not a Senate Commando, that's for sure.
How so? I see no distinct marking associated with the senate. That doesn't look like the senate chamber. Looks more like Kamino.
I said it IS NOT a Senate Commando, but it could be a clone. Not completely sure.

Reaction score

I still standby that it's a clone merely because of the face. The background looks more of a Venator Star Destroyer than Kamino, but it could be on Kamino in their training facility (the helmet and armor could be a trainee type). But it would be cool if he was a clone trooper that has gone rogue in allegiance with Death Watch (since his helmet does look more Mandlorian than a standard clone trooper helmet).

Reaction score

Oh wow... I just realized what that actually is: REPUBLIC COMMANDO. Notice how the visor lights up the face? Like the light-up visors in the game, kinda

Anyway, I also think it's a clone in that pic, and I like the idea of it being training armor or something. There's a number on the thigh, looks like... if it IS a clone, it's probably some special assignment/function rather than the more common GAR variants. Clone trainee, Kamino Guard, Republic Commando, whatever... will be neat to see.

...and so will a visored helmet-head Senate Commando Captain as a figure! WOOO!

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
Oh wow... I just realized what that actually is: REPUBLIC COMMANDO. Notice how the visor lights up the face? Like the light-up visors in the game, kinda

Anyway, I also think it's a clone in that pic, and I like the idea of it being training armor or something. There's a number on the thigh, looks like... if it IS a clone, it's probably some special assignment/function rather than the more common GAR variants. Clone trainee, Kamino Guard, Republic Commando, whatever... will be neat to see.

...and so will a visored helmet-head Senate Commando Captain as a figure! WOOO!
Well, if it does turn out to be a Republic Commando then wow, what a downgrade from the Katarn armor... Looks cheap.

Reaction score

Don't worry, it's Phase I Katarn Armor... Phase 2 looks more like the game

Reaction score

Looks like Tunghori has leaked another picture. Here is the picture of the upcoming Senate Captain Jayfon. Most likely part of the two pack senate guards.
[image]http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-clone-wars-SENATE-COMMANDO-JAYFON-tcw-cw-/370410304637?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563e2cb47d[/image]

Reaction score

^^^^^^^^^^

Fixed.

The figure looks really cool, but it would have been better if they added the cape to the figure like the other commandos.

Reaction score

butterfingers said:
Sorry, I'm new here. I was wondering CaptRex08, how do you post pictures? Thanks.
Use
and you had the idea, but you just typed out image.

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Captain Jayfon - CW**

Looks good to me, count me in for a couple.

Reaction score

Definate buy for me, does anyone know if this fig is part of a BP or sigle carded?

Reaction score

Wow, he looks pretty good - nicer blue than Argyus was - but unfortunately that means they won't look right together

I may get him if he's cheap.

Reaction score

Wow, looks great. Now where is the regular guard? This guy needs some troops to command.

Reaction score

CaptRex08 said:
^^^^^^^^^^

Fixed.

The figure looks really cool, but it would have been better if they added the cape to the figure like the other commandos.
THIS IS MINE! I passed on the argyus figure becasue, well, he died. If the hlemet is removable it'll be too sweet. another guard to follow ranks and I'm set. Love the deco.

Reaction score

Zylek said:
Wow, looks great. Now where is the regular guard? This guy needs some troops to command.
Actually, with the way things seem to go, he'll come in a 2-pack with the generic senate guard. So it would be difficult to build a squad.

Reaction score

Awesome figure.

Idea - use a little black-tinted stage light film inside my extra Arguys' helmet!

I bet that look could be recreated easily with a slice of a gel.

Reaction score

Im up for a couple. Even more then a couple if he has a removeable helmet.

Reaction score

This is so much nicer than the Argyus figure. Not sure if I will pick up any senate commandos, though.

Reaction score

deskvader1 said:
THIS IS MINE! I passed on the argyus figure becasue, well, he died. If the hlemet is removable it'll be too sweet. another guard to follow ranks and I'm set. Love the deco.
Jayfon's dead too, Cad Bane stiffened out his neck. I'm thinking he might be part of the rumored "Hostage Crisis" battle pack with Robonino. The other figures could be any mix of Bane, Aurra Sing, Shahan Alama (My personal pick), one of the commando droids, or one of the two remaining assassin droids.

Reaction score

I'm not really a fan of the countless troops that we've seen in the CW line, but adding more Senate commandos / guards to their ranks is a great idea - I love the ornate deco on the armor, it looks like a fantastic figure.