Captain Colton - BD42

Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
10,110
Reaction score
10
Location
North Metro Atlanta
So let's switch this one over to Captain Colton - given what we've heard lately.

The basis for this rumor is the "Jeremy Bulloch" head that's supposedly coming later this year.

Was originally reported as a Lt. Sheckil, but now seems to be Captain Colton - from the Tantive IV in ROTS. Given the open space in the ROTS wave (Especially compared to a somewhat full list for ESB), it actually makes sense that this is the one more likely to come.

Time (and SDCC) will tell!
 
Joined
Aug 18, 2005
Messages
4,596
Reaction score
0
Re: Lt. Sheckil - ESB Wave Rumor

Do we have anything other than an offhand Volkerc comment about a Jeremy Bulloch head?

It could be Captian Colton from ROTS.
 
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
10,110
Reaction score
10
Location
North Metro Atlanta
Re: Lt. Sheckil - ESB Wave Rumor

Is that where it came from - I still haven't had anyone give me specifics until your post there! Could be Captain Colton.

Either would make sense, seeing as they could do a heap swap with the Captain Antilles figure from 2005... And there's definitely space available in that wave!

We'll see how it sorts down. We'll change this thread over to Captain Colton if it turns out to be the ROTS figure vs. the ESB figure.

'78
 
Joined
Jun 9, 2007
Messages
3,685
Reaction score
0
Location
CT
Re: Lt. Sheckil - ESB Wave Rumor

Well, I'm hoping for Sheckil. I would pick him up without hesitation.
 
Joined
May 4, 2007
Messages
8,249
Reaction score
24
Location
Northridge, CA
Re: Lt. Sheckil - ESB Wave Rumor

I would have preferred to have gotten an updated Tarkin and Piett first but I will gladly take a Lt Sheckil!
 
Joined
Jul 27, 2003
Messages
3,390
Reaction score
0
Re: Lt. Sheckil - ESB Wave Rumor

I would buy him any way since he's an Imp officer, but the fact that he's the real Boba Fett seals the deal. Bring it on.
 
Joined
Jun 13, 2008
Messages
826
Reaction score
0
Location
North Carolina
Re: Lt. Sheckil - ESB Wave Rumor

Well he's a new Imperial, so that give him points in my book. However, I'll have to see what's out when he ships, because if he comes out along with some great comic packs, the EU will beat him...
 
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
2,254
Reaction score
0
Re: Lt. Sheckil - ESB Wave Rumor

Sign me up for Lt Sheckil, looking forward to this figure, and will most probably pick up 3 spare, so if it pegwarms cool for me, hopefully it wont however.
 
Joined
Aug 6, 2007
Messages
2,999
Reaction score
66
Re: Lt. Sheckil - ESB Wave Rumor

Sheckil would be a very cool figure, although I'm still a little unfamiliar with when it is exactly he appears onscreen - I haven't watched the Original Trilogy in ages
 
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Messages
18,085
Reaction score
3
Location
Gotham City
Re: Lt. Sheckil - ESB Wave Rumor

He is the officer who grabs leia on Bespin.

I would buy a figure of him in a heartbeat. An imperial officer based on the actor who plays my favorite character? Sign me up.
 
Joined
Sep 18, 2007
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
0
Location
San Antonio, TX, USA
Re: Lt. Sheckil - ESB Wave Rumor

I'd rather have Lt. Sheckil than Captain Colton. We need more Imp Officers, and the fact that he's the real Boba Fett only sweetens the deal for me.
 
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Re: Lt. Sheckil - ESB Wave Rumor

Yeah i definitely agree that Lt. Sheckil instead...although they could do both, i prefer imperial officers.
 
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
2,254
Reaction score
0
Re: Lt. Sheckil - ESB Wave Rumor

The only thing I hope they dont do is cast the hat to the head, I would like a removable hat please.
 
Joined
May 9, 2005
Messages
34,111
Reaction score
2,489
Location
Oregon
Re: Lt. Sheckil - ESB Wave Rumor

To be honest I'd take both Lt.Sheckil and Capt.Colton!
 
Joined
Jan 18, 2002
Messages
911
Reaction score
15
Re: Lt. Sheckil - ESB Wave Rumor

Guys, I was wrong-it will be the captain in Revenge of Sith, but I did not get this voltec-or who every this is!!!
Seen unpainted prototype or hard copy. Everything eles I have posted is accurate. Wait till Comic Con or when upc show upin the retail system.
 

GNT

Moderator
Joined
May 18, 2000
Messages
70,696
Reaction score
333
Location
Australia
Re: Lt. Sheckil - ESB Wave Rumor

Masterfett said:
To be honest I'd take both Lt.Sheckil and Capt.Colton!
Agreed but Imperial officers really suck at retail, they have to be the most boring figures and end up warming the shelves for years. Sad but true.
 
Joined
Jul 30, 2004
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
84
Location
San Fernando Valley
Re: Lt. Sheckil - ESB Wave Rumor

With all due respect to Stan, what's his (your) track record? I seem to remember quite a few rumors that never came close to panning out, like a new speeder bike.
 
Joined
Aug 6, 2007
Messages
2,999
Reaction score
66
Re: Lt. Sheckil - ESB Wave Rumor

Blight said:
He is the officer who grabs leia on Bespin.

I would buy a figure of him in a heartbeat. An imperial officer based on the actor who plays my favorite character? Sign me up.
Thanks!


Hopefully a Colton will follow later - they can recycle the head sculpt
 
Joined
Jan 15, 2002
Messages
14,078
Reaction score
2
Location
A galaxy far, far away....
Re: Lt. Sheckil - ESB Wave Rumor

Well I am glad this rumour is wrong. I hope this slot in the ESB wave goes to a really cool figure. With Needa on the shelves already, this would be a terrible move.
 
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
2,254
Reaction score
0
Re: Lt. Sheckil - ESB Wave Rumor

Damn was looking forward to a Lt Sheckil, oh well never mind.
 
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
10,110
Reaction score
10
Location
North Metro Atlanta
Re: Lt. Sheckil - ESB Wave Rumor

Darth_Anton said:
With all due respect to Stan, what's his (your) track record? I seem to remember quite a few rumors that never came close to panning out, like a new speeder bike.
Two points:

(A) Stan's record is as good as anyone that we get rumors from. In recent memory, he was the first with the Gelagrub rumor, recently confirmed by a number of retail listings that have come around with pre-orders. There are a number of others that he was correct about as well - since we don't always post the sourcing, we don't always do a good job of tying rumors back to their source when the official announcement comes.

But as far as track record goes, I'd say that Stan is right up there with 42N-TLR at Galactic Hunter and VolkerC at POTF2.com as far as accuracy.

Remember also that Stan's lists are sometimes the "parking lot" type lists so they're based on much longer range planning.

I do hope that I get to point out one major announcement that he was first with (regarding the prototype that he mentioned, but I wouldn't reveal) - but want to wait until the figures actually come (again, don't want to jinx it).

(B) Second point - this isn't even Stan's rumor - this comes from VolkerC at POTF2.com! Stan was the messenger that pointed it out to me.

'78
 
Joined
Jan 15, 2002
Messages
14,078
Reaction score
2
Location
A galaxy far, far away....
Re: Lt. Sheckil - ESB Wave Rumor

Since1978 said:
Darth_Anton said:
With all due respect to Stan, what's his (your) track record? I seem to remember quite a few rumors that never came close to panning out, like a new speeder bike.
Two points:

(A) Stan's record is as good as anyone that we get rumors from. In recent memory, he was the first with the Gelagrub rumor, recently confirmed by a number of retail listings that have come around with pre-orders. There are a number of others that he was correct about as well - since we don't always post the sourcing, we don't always do a good job of tying rumors back to their source when the official announcement comes.

But as far as track record goes, I'd say that Stan is right up there with 42N-TLR at Galactic Hunter and VolkerC at POTF2.com as far as accuracy.

Remember also that Stan's lists are sometimes the "parking lot" type lists so they're based on much longer range planning.

I do hope that I get to point out one major announcement that he was first with (regarding the prototype that he mentioned, but I wouldn't reveal) - but want to wait until the figures actually come (again, don't want to jinx it).

(B) Second point - this isn't even Stan's rumor - this comes from VolkerC at POTF2.com! Stan was the messenger that pointed it out to me.

'78
Stan has got SO MANY rumours spot on. And a lot of them have been way too unlikely/wierd/obscure to be guesswork.

BTW 78, I am dying to know who the other figure that you dont wanna jinx is, well I hope it turns out.
 
Joined
May 4, 2007
Messages
8,249
Reaction score
24
Location
Northridge, CA
Re: Lt. Sheckil - ESB Wave Rumor

You can throw rotten tomatoes at me for saying this, but I would be totally content if Sheckil doesn't come out until 2010 (or even 2011). He's not high up on my want list in terms of OT characters getting made (or re-made). I still want him, but I won't be disappointed if he's still aways off from being released.
 
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
10,110
Reaction score
10
Location
North Metro Atlanta
Re: Captain Colton - ROTS Wave Rumor

Given Stan's information posted in this thread, I'm resetting the title and subject matter to Captain Colton from ROTS...

Given the relative space available in the ROTS wave vs. the ESB wave, I'm thinking that it makes more sense as there's more to fill in on the ROTS wave.

'78
 
Joined
Sep 28, 2006
Messages
3,527
Reaction score
1
Re: Captain Colton - ROTS Wave Rumor

Great figure choice! I'm surprised they didnt' get this one out for this year instead of Breha Organa. Can't wait to see pics.



GNT said:
Agreed but Imperial officers really suck at retail, they have to be the most boring figures and end up warming the shelves for years. Sad but true.
The only one that pegwarmed here was Jerjerrod, and that's because he sucked, not because he's an officer. More specifically, the wide leg stance was a killer for him. Before that, the Saga2 Veers was awesome, and he didn't last nearly as long on the pegs.
 
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Messages
21,646
Reaction score
0
Re: Captain Colton - ROTS Wave Rumor

If Jerjerrod had Sunber's legs, I'd have bought more than the 4 or 5 I did (or was it 6?). If he had Needa's arms and a separate badge sculpt? Yeah, I'd have bought plenty. A well-made removable cap, too, would've sold me on a nice army of 'em.

I'd just like Hasbro to get them RIGHT. No DST legs... no more swivel arms if they can get a nice ball-elbow/ball-shoulder arrangement down. DEFINITELY no more E-11s. Give 'em SMALLER Combat Pistols (Tank/Biggs is too large), or some new little weapon in the style of the Rex-pistol maybe, or--for ANH especially--the TAC Jawa Merr-Sonn Power 5 pistols, but with larger grips for 'human' hands. ANH officers could use nice brown holsters for those, too.

If they create their own, keep Veers in mind: he wears a side-arm when assaulting the power generators. Still not sure what it was, if it was even modified at all from a regular Earth gun, but it clearly wasn't a Stormtrooper blaster like Hasbro gave him in 2006.

Anyway, that's all for Sheckil & other future officers (Praji, etc).

For Colton, I just hope it's not "new head on Antilles body". It was a nice sculpt, but didn't have the articulation to wow me & buy more for customs. Better articulation, a slimmer headset if possible, maybe a different style blaster. It'd be nice to assemble a little crew of Alderaanians with some headswaps (and thus have some Bulloch heads available for custom Sheckils, Behind-The-Scenes Bobas, random troop/officer/pilot/etc fodder)
 
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
639
Reaction score
0
Re: Captain Colton - ROTS Wave Rumor

Toonimator said:
If Jerjerrod had Sunber's legs, I'd have bought more than the 4 or 5 I did (or was it 6?). If he had Needa's arms and a separate badge sculpt? Yeah, I'd have bought plenty. A well-made removable cap, too, would've sold me on a nice army of 'em.

I'd just like Hasbro to get them RIGHT. No DST legs... no more swivel arms if they can get a nice ball-elbow/ball-shoulder arrangement down. DEFINITELY no more E-11s. Give 'em SMALLER Combat Pistols (Tank/Biggs is too large), or some new little weapon in the style of the Rex-pistol maybe, or--for ANH especially--the TAC Jawa Merr-Sonn Power 5 pistols, but with larger grips for 'human' hands. ANH officers could use nice brown holsters for those, too.

If they create their own, keep Veers in mind: he wears a side-arm when assaulting the power generators. Still not sure what it was, if it was even modified at all from a regular Earth gun, but it clearly wasn't a Stormtrooper blaster like Hasbro gave him in 2006.

Anyway, that's all for Sheckil & other future officers (Praji, etc).

For Colton, I just hope it's not "new head on Antilles body". It was a nice sculpt, but didn't have the articulation to wow me & buy more for customs. Better articulation, a slimmer headset if possible, maybe a different style blaster. It'd be nice to assemble a little crew of Alderaanians with some headswaps (and thus have some Bulloch heads available for custom Sheckils, Behind-The-Scenes Bobas, random troop/officer/pilot/etc fodder)
Word for word how I feel. I may not post anymore and just let you speak for me, Toon
 
Joined
Feb 19, 2002
Messages
2,745
Reaction score
58
Location
New Jersey
Re: Captain Colton - ROTS Wave Rumor

Captain Colton makes more sense than Lieutenant Sheckil. Hasbro is already releasing a TESB Imperial Officer in Captain Needa, and the idea of releasing another TESB Imperial Officer in the other TESB wave seems a bit excessive. And this helps fill out the ROTS wave. We've barely even seen any hints of what might be in that wave until just recently.
 
Joined
May 14, 2006
Messages
4,356
Reaction score
0
Location
NF, NY
Re: Captain Colton - ROTS Wave Rumor

I was not aware that Mr. Bulloch had made an appearance in ROTJ until I read it it in this thread and looked it up on Wookiepedia. Good to know, learn something new everyday.

But that said, both Colton and Sheckil will make for seriously boring releases. One of JB's appearances should be immortalized in plastic, he deserves it and I'm glad Hasbro recognizes it, but I don't personally care which one makes the cut.
 
Joined
Aug 18, 2005
Messages
4,596
Reaction score
0
Re: Captain Colton - ROTS Wave Rumor

I know these usually aren't hot sellers, but I like that Hasbro has given some attention to these "Behind the masks" appearances like Ahmed Best and Anthony Daniels. I'm not sure how many others there are.
 
Joined
May 9, 2005
Messages
34,111
Reaction score
2,489
Location
Oregon
Re: Captain Colton - ROTS Wave Rumor

Toonimator said:
If Jerjerrod had Sunber's legs, I'd have bought more than the 4 or 5 I did (or was it 6?). If he had Needa's arms and a separate badge sculpt? Yeah, I'd have bought plenty. A well-made removable cap, too, would've sold me on a nice army of 'em.
Agreed! And you beat me by two, I only could bring myself to buy 4 Jerjerrod's. it was a very nice sculpt but the leg and arms were lacking severely. Hopefully the new rank badge system will bring us various Imps to the likes of Imperial Security Bureau and beyond!
 
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Messages
18,085
Reaction score
3
Location
Gotham City
Re: Captain Colton - ROTS Wave Rumor

Well darn. This sucks. I would have much preferred Sheckil.
 
Joined
Jul 27, 2003
Messages
3,390
Reaction score
0
Re: Captain Colton - ROTS Wave Rumor

Hmm, I was all excited for Sheckil. Not sure if I'd be willing to spring for a Colton action figure. Maybe if he came with a chunk of the Tantive IVs bridge, and then perhaps we could get Corla Metonae with the other chunk to connect it. Maybe then I'd buy Colton. Maybe.
Corla Metonae (or, "Alderaanian Bosun"):


While we're on the subject of Blockade Runner crew members, does anyone else think it's completely brain dead of Lucasfilm to take the official stance that it is Raymus Antilles who Darth Vader strangles in the opening of ANH? I recall that for a long time the name of the guy who got strangled was "Colton Antilles", then after ROTS came out the Colton name was shifted to Bulloch's character and Raymus was retconned to be the man from ANH, even though they look nothing alike.
Raymus Antilles:

Colton Antilles, now unfortunately deleted from Star Wars canon.


It's just like, why?
 
G

Guest

Re: Captain Colton - ROTS Wave Rumor

Hey look spam! I know who's getting banded tomorrow!
 
Top