Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)

Reaction score
Andor in the Target reveal mistake looks a lot like Captain Antilles from ANH. So maybe he's from Alderaan.

Reaction score
OMG be prepared, he' wears a "vest" too! Will you complain if/when this figure is revealed?:p

Apparently you don't want a SW anthology movie to look like it's in the same universe as SW, by visually referencing the source material?
Andor seems to reference the Rebels (colors) a bit by way of Solo (style). Although Jyn is really more the Han Solo analogue.
Of all the new "rogue" characters, Andor seems the one who is most visually meant not to stand out as all new, but more as a throw-back, to feel familiar.
He's still unique though.

What's funny is I remember when the first image came out, some of the first comments, were that it didn't look enough like Star Wars. -

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1122272&p=19635182&viewfull=1#post19635182

Now the complaints is, it's to much like it?:sneaky:

Oh wait, that was you too! :)
Its ok, I can see your reasoning. To you, in order for the outfits to look like they are part of the Star Wars universe they have to repeat the outfits of other characters. Down to practically the same space -designer jackets. The idea you can't seem to grasp is that it doesn't have to copy outfits from other characters in other films to look like it belongs. Nor does it have to look like something from another universe. The problem with that first pic that showed up was it was incredibly muted and drab. That one particular shot just lacked some of the color pallet I associate with Star Wars. Since then over all after seeing more pics rogue one does seem to do a good job of capturing the look and feel of Star Wars.

As for Cassian, I was simply making the point that a Han -like - character just so happened to be wearing Han - like - jacket. I was talking about this particular characters outfit. Not the entire movie

Reaction score
I don't believe that it has to look Star Warsy to be Star Wars. By that definition, in order for anything to have that Star Wars look/appeal. It needs to be an exact carbon copy of the OT. The exact thing I'm wanting to leave behind, in order to get something new.

Reaction score

Its ok, I can see your reasoning. To you, in order for the outfits to look like they are part of the Star Wars universe they have to repeat the outfits of other characters.
No! There is a difference between an exact copy/repeat as you described it, and referencing the original material as I described it, so it feels like the same universe.
This character is not an exact copy as you say.
And I would' not want him to be, never said I wanted that, don't imply I did.

By your "logic" Poe is also a copy cause he had a similar shirt, jacket, boots...

Yet he's a completley different character.

Down to practically the same space -designer jackets. The idea you can't seem to grasp is that it doesn't have to copy outfits from other characters in other films to look like it belongs.
The idea you can't seem to grasp is they are not exact character copies.
There is some references, Jyn has them too and the holster, the parka is most similar, but these are mostlly new designs and characters though.

Since then over all after seeing more pics rogue one does seem to do a good job of capturing the look and feel of Star Wars.
Yes! Cause they made new designs, but made familiar references, so it feels like they captured the universe and time, right before ANH.

As for Cassian, I was simply making the point that a Han -like - character...
He's not really a Han like character, except in the most superficial ways you cling to.
If anything his visual color pallet, look and gear are meant to invoke and connect him visually to all the other Rebels around him. So among the new Rogues he stands out the least as individual when among the troops.
Character-wise what little we do know about Andor, is that from the get-go he is implicitly tied to the Rebels, at the start he's been working and dedicated to the Rebellion for a very long time, it's a career, he's focused on the bigger cause, and his first lines are about how can I help...others.
If anything he's more like Leia.
This is the exact opposite of Han, who at the start was completley out for himself, had no allegiance to a bigger cause, and was only after the money and reward, whose story arc was to find a way to finally belong to something bigger.
Andor is already there. He's not going through the same character arc as Han at all.

...just so happened to be wearing Han - like - jacket.
And that is you focusing on the most most superficial aspect. :D

I don't believe that it has to look Star Warsy to be Star Wars. By that definition, in order for anything to have that Star Wars look/appeal. It needs to be an exact carbon copy of the OT. The exact thing I'm wanting to leave behind, in order to get something new.
This character and movie is not an exact carbon copy of the OT.

Reaction score
There's like 40 year between the two characters, so I would hope that they aren't wearing the same cloths. :grin:

Reaction score

No! There is a difference between an exact copy/repeat as you described it, and referencing the original material as I described it, so it feels like the same universe.
This character is not an exact copy as you say.
And I would' not want him to be, never said I wanted that, don't imply I did.

By your "logic" Poe is also a copy cause he had a similar shirt, jacket, boots...

Yet he's a completley different character.

The idea you can't seem to grasp is they are not exact character copies.
There is some references, Jyn has them too and the holster, the parka is most similar, but these are mostlly new designs and characters though.

Yes! Cause they made new designs, but made familiar references, so it feels like they captured the universe and time, right before ANH.

He's not really a Han like character, except in the most superficial ways you cling to.
If anything his visual color pallet, look and gear are meant to invoke and connect him visually to all the other Rebels around him. So among the new Rogues he stands out the least as individual when among the troops.
Character-wise what little we do know about Andor, is that from the get-go he is implicitly tied to the Rebels, at the start he's been working and dedicated to the Rebellion for a very long time, it's a career, he's focused on the bigger cause, and his first lines are about how can I help...others.
If anything he's more like Leia.
This is the exact opposite of Han, who at the start was completley out for himself, had no allegiance to a bigger cause, and was only after the money and reward, whose story arc was to find a way to finally belong to something bigger.
Andor is already there. He's not going through the same character arc as Han at all.

And that is you focusing on the most most superficial aspect. :D

This character and movie is not an exact carbon copy of the OT.

This entire post is babble and doesn't in anyway speak to what I was saying. Enjoying arguing with yourself.

Reaction score

Carded picture is now up:

Is that a removable cap I see?
Hard to tell if that cap is removable, the Jyn (Eadu) figure hat/goggles are definitely not removable. (we've seen an in-hand review)
Difference is she's shown with them on in the art.
While Andor is shown with no hat/goggles in the art.
Not sure what the precedence has been for the art details always matching the figure.

Reaction score
Well, it seems they're covering the bases with 5POA and 6". So I wonder what version the TBS line will get? I'd prefer the Rebel jacket, as I don't really need another "Hoth Han". Plus that look is just too scene specific looking to me. You definitely wouldn't be wearing it on Tatooine.

Reaction score
Well, it seems they're covering the bases with 5POA and 6". So I wonder what version the TBS line will get? I'd prefer the Rebel jacket, as I don't really need another "Hoth Han". Plus that look is just too scene specific looking to me. You definitely wouldn't be wearing it on Tatooine.
They could do the Jacket and vest combo, or the shirt and bandolier.

Reaction score
Hard to tell if that cap is removable, the Jyn (Eadu) figure hat/goggles are definitely not removable. (we've seen an in-hand review)
Difference is she's shown with them on in the art.
While Andor is shown with no hat/goggles in the art.
Not sure what the precedence has been for the art details always matching the figure.
hat deffo looks removable to me, no doubt. Re card art, don't read much into that, it often doesn't match up.

Reaction score
hat deffo looks removable to me, no doubt. Re card art, don't read much into that, it often doesn't match up.
I'm sure it's a separately molded piece, but when hats or accessories are removable, Hasbro sure as hell makes sure you notice the added "value":

Not having it shown as removable in the loose photo of Cassian would likely indicate it is not. I hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Not having it shown as removable in the loose photo of Cassian would likely indicate it is not.
Yeah you can clearly see it's not.
Removable head gear at this scale, tend to be bulkier and splay out leaving room for the sculpted ears. Here you can clearly see the hat is sculpted so flush to the sides of the face, there is no room for ears if it comes off.
Hence from the pic. clearly not removable.
hat deffo looks removable to me, no doubt.
You must be dreaming. Or accidentally looking at the pic of the 6":grin:
I wish you were right, but evidence doesn't support it.

Reaction score

Also instead of inventing the goofy grapple, I wish they'd just packed the binoculars and rifle and, as accessories he actually has.:\ :grin:

Reaction score
That hat looks a tad more removable than the Vintage ones at least. So you likely just need a bit of heat and you could pry it off, making way for a head from another figure. or worst case, Dremel.

Reaction score
That hat looks a tad more removable than the Vintage ones at least.
If by "more removable", you mean not more removable?

So you likely just need a bit of heat and you could pry it off, making way for a head from another figure.
Are you talking about removing the hat or the entire head? Prying off the head, does not count as the hat is removable! :D

or worst case, Dremel.
If your are Dremeling off the hat, it's cause it's not removable.

Or when did we change the meaning of removable?

:confused:

Reaction score
Its looks to me like its most certainly a separate piece from the head, but I am sure its one of those glued on types. If you manage to peel the hat off, you will find the entire top of the guy's head is chopped off with a big square peg sticking up. The hat will be solid plastic with only a square hole inside, so it won't fit on other figures.

Reaction score
Exactly looks the same way to me, I just didn't explain it properly. ^

It will need some work, but i feel that hat could fit some head sculpts. I've done this kind of thing before.

Reaction score
Eh too much work. I'm ok with leaving it as is.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge

Reaction score
I agree, with a customizer's touch, that hat should be able to be used on other figures too.
By all means, after you get it, show us your "special touch" after you heat/pry/dremel off what it takes, this so called "removable!" hat, show us pics of it on your other figures.

I'll wait.

And yeah you can customize anything, this hat was apparently NOT designed as removable, Stop calling it "removable" if it requires all that, use another word! :D

Reaction score
By all means, after you get it, show us your "special touch" after you heat/pry/dremel off what it takes, this so called "removable!" hat, show us pics of it on your other figures.

I'll wait.

And yeah you can customize anything, this hat was apparently NOT designed as removable, Stop calling it "removable" if it requires all that, use another word! :D
Have you seen chewie's work???

The guy is one of the best customizers out there. What you are asking him to do is like customizing 101. Basic boil, remove, trim.

Reaction score
It may not seem "removable" to some people, and that is fine. But to me it is "removable" because it's not all one mold. If Hasbro needed glue to attach it, then it's not permanent.

Reaction score
Edit: It's not like taking Vintage Endor Luke, cutting off that hat and dremel it out to fit some other figure.

Reaction score
LOL! Change the argument to it's customizable I never argued against it. Didn't suggest it was not customizable, I said it was:

By all means have at it, heat, pry-off, and dremmel the frak out of the inside of the hat and post pics of your Rebel army wearing gutted Cassian hats! I hope it's worth it!.
I just hope you're not doing it to prove or still argue this hat qualifies as it was designed to be "removable"

Reaction score
Reaction score
pedantic
pɪˈdantɪk/
adjective

• excessively concerned with minor details or rules; overscrupulous.
hat deffo looks removable to me, no doubt.
LOL "minor detail" Yeah nice try, this figure does not constitute an action figure which comes with a removable hat.
You can stretch the meaning to include, it's more removable than vintage, with heat, exato blade, dremel, dynamite or any other extraneous device counts as removable.
That still does not mean it's a figure that comes with a removable hat.
Sorry, you are wrong!
How do I know?
Because if Hasbro marketed this figure as:
"Comes with removable hat". Yet you had to heat, exato blade, and dremel off the hat to "remove" it as you suggest, You'd imply Hasbro lied in calling it removable.
So stop lying!

Reaction score
^Edit: Just cause I've seen how you operate and like to argue.
I'll remind you I never said the figure was not customizable, it is.
Just that when you have to cut the top of his head, lose the side, notion of ears, and carve off the entire back of his head, that doesn't count as a removable hat.

Anyway moving on:
For those interested in customizing detail at this scale, unfortunately the figure comes with some made up junk. instead of coming with legit accessories, for those customizing/expanding on the actual figure, a few more detail images:

Primarily the rifle, binoculars, belt(s) details.

Canister/bombs? ...belt details

Binoculars profile

The rifle, slung on his back, the knife sheath, and you can also see the belt also includes several utility pouches.

Cassian's pack

Profile back-pack,

The gun and how it's actually meant to holster.

Gun detail

Reaction score

Anyway moving on:
For those interested in customizing detail at this scale, unfortunately the figure comes with some made up junk. instead of coming with legit accessories, for those customizing/expanding on the actual figure, a few more detail images:

Primarily the rifle, binoculars, belt(s) details.

Canister/bombs? ...belt details

Binoculars profile

The rifle, slung on his back, the knife sheath, and you can also see the belt also includes several utility pouches.

Cassian's pack

Profile back-pack,

The gun and how it's actually meant to holster.

Gun detail

Reaction score
Sorry about the multiple posts.
If I could edit into one I would.
Not sure what kind of level of detail (for customizing/adding accessories) people like to get at this scale, but this detail kind of threw me. He's got double belt, so probably some things come and go.
The gun holster is slung on his right, so in these images what is that other thing slung off the belt on his left?

Either different displays featured different accessories, or is that another knife sheath? Or the same one just hung in the wrong place here?

Although it looks different from the one slung in the back?
Could be missing an element that the other doesn't have - wallet, folded maps, sunglasses case? :p

Empty?

6" comparison although there is not allot of detail there.
I'm guessing the 3.75" will have this too.
Is that the same thing, just hung in a different place.

?;)

Reaction score
LOL "minor detail" Yeah nice try, this figure does not constitute an action figure which comes with a removable hat.
You can stretch the meaning to include, it's more removable than vintage, with heat, exato blade, dremel, dynamite or any other extraneous device counts as removable.
That still does not mean it's a figure that comes with a removable hat.
Sorry, you are wrong!
How do I know?
Because if Hasbro marketed this figure as:
"Comes with removable hat". Yet you had to heat, exato blade, and dremel off the hat to "remove" it as you suggest, You'd imply Hasbro lied in calling it removable.
So stop lying!

How do you know it isnt removable? It certainly looks like it is to me.

Reaction score
How do you know it isnt removable? It certainly looks like it is to me.
I don't.
I'm, going by where Hasbro is at cheaping out; eg banana helmet Poe in the FA line, the comparable Jyn (Eadu) in this line, whose comparable hat and goggles are also not removable.
That it's not showcased as separate item in the bubble package, or in the loose promo image.
That removable head gear at this scale, tend to be oversized and bulkier, or if it's thin and hangs down they tend splay out to leave room for the sculpted ears and hair of the full head sculpt underneath.
Here you can see the hat is sculpted so flush to the sides of the face, there is little to no room for ears, hence one flush piece.
So putting that
together.