Captain Cassian Andor (Eadu)

GNT

Reaction score
***Please be aware this thread may contain information relating to the Star Wars Rogue One movie, if your avoiding spoilers please leave this thread or read on at your own risk***

Here's another character that could be made in the Rogue One Toy line - Captain Cassian Andor. Not sure how well he'd sell but who doesn't like some more Rebel fodder?

Info via Ew:
Diego Luna (Y Tu Mamá También) plays Capt. Cassian Andor, a Rebel stalwart who anchors the loose cannon Jyn. "He’s an intelligence officer and he’s got quite a bit of combat experience," says Kennedy. He's the quiet type, but that's a soldier's trait of not wanting to talk about the things he's seen. "He has a weariness that he carries," says Hart. "It comes from, 'We’re in it, I’m committed for the long fight, and it’s not something that I came to yesterday.'"

Thoughts on this Captain Cassian Andor figure?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm happy actually it's a new guy. I hate when in Star Wars they try to connect everyone into some small world. Bring on some newbies!

Reaction score
Glad to see that he's a new character as well. I know that people would like to see Biggs character fleshed out a bit more. But from a story standpoint, having Biggs take part in the mission that's central to this movie, and then turning up at the end of ANH to attack the Death Star doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I'm actually waiting to see if people are going to start making Cassian Andor custom figures from parts of previous Biggs figures combined with Colonel Cracken.

Reaction score
Some Capt. Cassian Andor speculation:
could see a few figure variants- heavy with reference images (I hope that's ok here)

1- The first reveal (Hoth reminiscent) cold environment outfit.

Looks awesome with plenty of tactical gear and rifle.

This outfit will likely place him in the "tundra" like setting and environment, shot I believe in Iceland.
Where we see from the trailer the burning homestead like moisture vaporators and in the EW pics the the Death-Trooper holding a doll

2- The main Yavin (mission launch) Captain outfit ..all brown with jacket side arm and holster..etc..

This outfit without the jacket also places him on the tropical planet,

and a third variant

3- I'm calling it the Sniper Vest version has shown up in some art -

And the EW cover

Adds the vest, and an unusual for Star Wars universe a belt loaded with what appears to be bullet cartilages... Hence i'm thinking he'll do some wicked sniper action.

Looks like a really cool character, looking forward to see which his first main figure will be, and any variants! :)

Reaction score
I'd prefer the one in teh sixth and seventh image. Otherwise it's just too similar to both of Han's cold weather jackets.

Reaction score
And a 4th potential variant for Cassian is Imperial outfit disguise.

That's him wrassling with the Storm trooper while Jyn takes the other guy.

Not very interesting alone but it might make a decent two-pack.

I'd prefer the one in teh sixth and seventh image. Otherwise it's just too similar to both of Han's cold weather jackets.
Yeh my favorite is his standard on Yavin look, brown jacket/holster etc, very reminiscent of 78 Galactic actually.
And the potential "sniper vest" outfit. Which as far as I can see just appears added over the other jacket plus the bullet cartage belt?
As far as I know other than in pics, we haven't actually seen any footage of it yet.

Reaction score
Looks like his standard uniform will come with the miniature U-Wing (see scale rants in the U-Wing thread)

The Cassian figure looks cool though.

Reaction score

Just close your eyes and pretend the ship is to scale, otherwise nice figure of Andor.

Reaction score
IKR? It's like they needed a look-A-like since Han is gone. But little do they realize, he still exists in that time frame. lol

Not a bad likeness either, to some random backgrounder I've never seen.

Reaction score
IKR? It's like they needed a look-A-like since Han is gone. But little do they realize, he still exists in that time frame. lol

Not a bad likeness either, to some random backgrounder I've never seen.
Jyn seems the one more dressed like Solo , and similar personality.
Cassian is completley the other way, not meant to stand out,, more the straight Rebel grunt, out of all the Rogues.
If anything he seems more of a reference to 70s Galactica. :awesome:

Reaction score
LOL! That's terrible ^

True they went way heavy with the sloppy "brush work" (if you can call it that) on his poor face, eyes, beard.... :(
But the actual sculpt is pretty nice. :grin:

Reaction score

How would they normally do a light beard for 3.75" ?
Besides Obi-Wan who had a sculpted beard, what other 3.75" examples are there of lightly bearded figures?

Reaction score
Does anyone else think that headsculpt looks familiar?? Like without the beard and maybe change the hair color?
Yes! :grin:

The eyes are obviously based on the other younger Diego.

All the other parallels, well?

This is obviously meant to be him all grown up. :p

Does anyone else think that headsculpt looks familiar?? Like without the beard and maybe change the hair color?

Reaction score
...the design for the Buck Rogers "Thunder-Fighter" (originally for Galactica) was created by Ralph McQuarrie, what better source to draw from. Yet another reason to love it, the fact that the design of the ship not only borrowed from the concept artist of ANH, but also a design created about the time of ANH, so it fits right in...
It's what what we want for a ship, to look like it came from the same time and setting.
Cassian is completley the other way, not meant to stand out,, more the straight Rebel grunt, out of all the Rogues.
If anything he seems more of a reference to 70s Galactica. :awesome:
Looks like we will be seeing some Classic BattleStar Galactica customs. :)
It is interesting there were two shows that capitalized heavily on the popularity and look of Star Wars at he time, obviously Galactica and a bit Buck Rogers, who were unapologeticlly trying to borrow (even some if it's concept artists) and expand on the look of 70s Star Wars.
So it shouldn't be any surprise as R1 set right before 70s Star Wars and expand on the look of the time would hit some similar beats. As someone who grew up in that era, the got it right!:grin:

Just most of these visual nods have fallen on Cassian's character, and the ship he happens to pilot, but again that feels right, since of all the new "rogue" characters, he's the one who is most visually meant to represent the enlisted face of the Rebels of that time, and not stand out as new, but feel familiar.
So it is funny to see some complain about that.
That many when his first image was released thought he might be a Bigs reprisal, again tells me they got it right!

Reaction score
Maybe it'll be like Poe and be part of a 2 pack?

Sent from my LG-D725 using Tapatalk

Reaction score

The image aperantlly came from Target's page header for their Star Wars products section -

http://www.target.com/c/new-Star-Wars/-/N-4rsft?lnk=seenewitemspreo

Reaction score
Another outfit of Cassians that's like Han Solos...so weird....another coincidence I guess.

Reaction score
Another outfit of Cassians that's like Han Solos...so weird....another coincidence I guess.
OMG be prepared, he' wears a "vest" too! Will you complain if/when this figure is revealed?:p

Apparently you don't want a SW anthology movie to look like it's in the same universe as SW, by visually referencing the source material?
Andor seems to reference the Rebels (colors) a bit by way of Solo (style). Although Jyn is really more the Han Solo analogue.
Of all the new "rogue" characters, Andor seems the one who is most visually meant not to stand out as all new, but more as a throw-back, to feel familiar.
He's still unique though.

What's funny is I remember when the first image came out, some of the first comments, were that it didn't look enough like Star Wars. -

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1122272&p=19635182&viewfull=1#post19635182

Trying to find something Star Wars in that pic............
Now the complaints is, it's to much like it?:sneaky:

Oh wait, that was you too! :)