Captain Cardinal

Reaction score
Aww, y'all should read the books, they're some of the best nuCanon stuff; easily better than the sequel trilogy movies in my opinion.

Cardinal was a fun character, and a custom I was planning to do anyway. He was the bodyguard of Hux's dad and the lead model Stormtrooper for the First Order before they recruited Phasma. When she and Hux had older Hux killed and made it clear he wasn't welcome anymore, he defected over to the Resistance. He's also a major character in the story for Galaxy's Edge, since the plot of the park revolves around the spy that would later become the park's main character.

Hopefully he's not just a Phasma repaint- I'd like him to be a Stormtrooper (I guess a Final Order Sith Trooper, considering the color scheme actually) with a soft goods cape, so he's a little shorter than Phasma.

Reaction score
Aww, y'all should read the books, they're some of the best nuCanon stuff; easily better than the sequel trilogy movies in my opinion.

Cardinal was a fun character, and a custom I was planning to do anyway. He was the bodyguard of Hux's dad and the lead model Stormtrooper for the First Order before they recruited Phasma. When she and Hux had older Hux killed and made it clear he wasn't welcome anymore, he defected over to the Resistance. He's also a major character in the story for Galaxy's Edge, since the plot of the park revolves around the spy that would later become the park's main character.

Hopefully he's not just a Phasma repaint- I'd like him to be a Stormtrooper (I guess a Final Order Sith Trooper, considering the color scheme actually) with a soft goods cape, so he's a little shorter than Phasma.
Hux’s Dad...you mean:
4019CAB3-6D38-49FA-A857-48527367FDBD.jpeg4019CAB3-6D38-49FA-A857-48527367FDBD.jpeg

Reaction score

LOL, you lost me at "the bodyguard of Hux's dad".

Happy for those who want this guy, but I could not care less about him.

Reaction score

pretty cool story. it really sucks that the cinematic universe suffers from pandering to the "general audience" for box office numbers over fleshing out intricate stories like these.

Reaction score
Definitely a want on my list. I love book figures. And Phasma was a great book.

Reaction score
Normally I’d be all in for any figures from books or comics. But if this one is just a FO Trooper cast in red plastic, I’ll pass. At the very least he’ll need an unmasked head for me to think about buying it. That said, I’m happy for everyone who has an attachment to this character and is psyched about this release!

Reaction score
The recent report on Yakface that Target will start selling some Galaxy's Edge merch really helps explain this figure coming down the line even when the parks are closed. At least one mystery is solved.

I have no history with this character as I haven't read those books. If the figure looks cool, I might be tempted to pick it up -- but right now I'm indifferent to it.

Reaction score
it's definitely nice that they arranged this with Target considering parks are closed.
Would be nice if they started making more stuff i wanted available online tough, the app is nice and all but by the time I hear about things they're all gone...

GNT

Reaction score
A Galaxy’s Edge exclusive in the middle of a pandemic where Galaxy’s Edge is indefinitely closed is just brilliant by Hasbro.
Figures take a year in production, Hasbro can't predict the future or could foresee a pandemic. The park will reopen at some point and looks like there's different avenues for this figure.

Reaction score
A Lego set due for end of summer is based on a transport from the park and will be mass retail. So I believe all park releases will be the same as a way to market the park that still hasn't lifted off.

Reaction score
...I actually wouldn't mind a Griss figure, either.

They're serious...

And I thought the name Captain Phasma was bad.
What's wrong with "Cardinal?" People sure are picky and choosy about which names they'll accept and which ones they won't. And at least in Cardinal's case, it isn't even his real name.

Last edited:
Reaction score
...I actually wouldn't mind a Griss figure, either.

What's wrong with "Cardinal?" People sure are picky and choosy about which names they'll accept and which ones they won't. And at least in Cardinal's case, it isn't even his real name.
Eh, I think most people that are "mad" about this figure just think they'll get Sequel Trilogy cooties from it. For some people, anything Sequel Trilogy is the WORST THING EVER. I'm looking forward to seeing this figure. I had thought about giving my carbonized Sith Trooper a cape...

Reaction score
While i do have a large disinterest in the ST, my biggest peeve with names used in SW comes from Earthly origins. I much preferrd the weird names GL gave characters derived from actual people. rather an naming them after the actual person or animal etc.

I didn't think Phasma was all that horrible, considering it sounds more "spacey" like Plasma bolts or something. I just thought the character was underwhelming. I guess in the end we just have to see it as the "translation" of whatever their true name is, just like how all species speak English.

Reaction score
While i do have a large disinterest in the ST, my biggest peeve with names used in SW comes from Earthly origins. I much preferrd the weird names GL gave characters derived from actual people. rather an naming them after the actual person or animal etc.

I didn't think Phasma was all that horrible, considering it sounds more "spacey" like Plasma bolts or something. I just thought the character was underwhelming. I guess in the end we just have to see it as the "translation" of whatever their true name is, just like how all species speak English.
The problem with this pet peeve is that it is selective. The OT has the word knights and names like Luke, Owen and Ben which are all of earthly origins. It’s always been a part of Star Wars.

Reaction score
The problem with this pet peeve is that it is selective. The OT has the word knights and names like Luke, Owen and Ben which are all of earthly origins. It’s always been a part of Star Wars.
But....if this happened a long time ago, who is to say that the Star Wars universe is not the point of origin for these words?

Reaction score
True, since everywhere you go Humans are there, reminds me of Stargate SG-1...

I didn't much care for those names used in the OT either, never did I I say it was only in the ST. Only that i preferred GL's naming for a lot of the Characters. That is part of what's lacking in the ST.

Reaction score
Pretty close!

Feels a little redundant after the Sith Troopers. I wish the Sith Troopers had more of a unique design, they look too much like red First Order Troopers from a distance.

Last edited: