Captain Bistan vs Shoretrooper

Reaction score
Honestly, I am floored that this set actually saw the light of day. EE is slightly more than retail, but it's well worth it for a set that was nearly canceled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
IMO, this Bistan didn't really turn out that well. The figure doesn't do the character justice at all. If I find it someday fine, if not oh well. I'm certainly not over paying for it.

Reaction score
Hopefully someone will make a cast of him

Reaction score
mine shipped but I'm not expecting them till mid next week. for some reason EE is slow shipping to NJ even for Fed-Ex. usually takes 5-7 business days. with luck I'll have these in hand by Friday the 3rd...just in time for my birthday :D

Reaction score
So what do you guys think the likelihood is that these will drop in price? I could pick one up for $23.50 shipped right now, which is slightly cheaper than ordering directly from EE. But given the fact that they're all over ebay and not severely jacked up it seems they're not that limited. Thoughts?

Reaction score
I'm waiting as well - a repaint and a mediocre new figure aren't drawing much demand from what I can tell. The overall interest for RO doesn't seem to be all that high in general. I expect these will continue to drop in price. I have no problem paying the MSRP, but the inflated price with shipping is absurd, considering this would be clearance fodder if released at retail.

Reaction score
If the only way to get this id through EE, I doubt a price drop is happening anytime soon. What drives down prices, is overstock and competition.
Not that it isn't possible, just unlikely.

Reaction score
I think he was referring to third party prices, not ordering direct from EE. A number of small online sellers and scalpers probably loaded up on this set, and when they have trouble moving them, the prices will drop.

Reaction score
Yeah I've been kind of watching them on ebay. They're down to just under $22 right now, so I might wait a little longer. If I can find one for $20 I'll probably just snatch it up.

Reaction score
I'm holding out until TLJ comes out. When TFA came out, the stores came out with a lot of "old stock" that I had never seen before as well as "new TFA" stuff.
Unfortunately, these never shipped to stores, apparently EE bought all of Hasbro's stock when it comes to the Bistan pack. You might find stray cases of the final RO wave with Fenn Rau though, as those indeed shipped to Canada.

Reaction score
I should have waited a bit longer as well - I paid $22 shipped, but I used Amazon rewards points, which brought it down to $12, so I'm fine with it - I'm just happy to be done with the RO line.

Reaction score
Yeah I'll be done with the RO line soon since I just ordered a case of wave 3 (for Bodhi and Shoretrooper). Paid $50 shipped from EE. Hopefully I can unload the others and make most of it back. Wouldn't mind picking up a BS Shoretrooper, but I don't really want to pay that much for one.

Reaction score
Just got mine today and my Bistan is missing his butt. The legs on the Shoretrooper Captain are just weird, the plastic is very soft and flexible. Not anything like what is used on the other figures. It feels like a bootleg.

Reaction score
Just got mine today and my Bistan is missing his butt. The legs on the Shoretrooper Captain are just weird, the plastic is very soft and flexible. Not anything like what is used on the other figures. It feels like a bootleg.
s
theres something weird about Bistan that makes it feel like a bootleg to me too. Hasbros strong suit is usually aliens and characters with masks etc. But this time IMO the sculptor got it totally wrong, or maybe it's the paint apps. There's something that makes me think of 90's WWF wrestler Mantaur. It's terrible.

Reaction score
When I first saw this figure online I thought it looked like a meal toy.

Reaction score
I gave Bistan a repaint to make it a little more movie accurate.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Excellent repaint!

(But darn you for now making me really want this figure. When I fist saw how it looked I knew I wouldn't be that disappointed if I ever got one since Canada misses a lot of figures/waves.)

Reaction score
Yeah, much better! had it looked like that in the first place, I might have been more interested in acquiring it.

Also, think his flight siut would have been great in SA culpt. I can just see the endless custom potential, especially if one has a a "space helmet" laying around. lol

Reaction score
forgot that I ordered this set from BBTS as well and just got the shipping notice. I'll have an extra Bistan if anyone wants it loose.

Reaction score
I got my set of the Shoretrooper Captain & Bistan last night from a friend. He and I partnered up with two other collectors to get 4 each of these sets along with 4 x Fenn Rau's in order to get them all with free shipping. Because OMG, FedEx shipping from EE in California to the East coast is as expensive as all get out! And making the minimum order for free shipping $99 is a little steep, EE. Just sayin...

Reaction score
And BTW, it would be really nice if the thread title would accurately reflect the name of this set: Shoretrooper Captain VS Bistan

JVM

Reaction score
Really interested in Bistan but not crazy about the more colorful Shoretrooper leaders. (Would have bastly preferred more base Shoretroopers.)