Captain Bistan vs Shoretrooper

Reaction score
at risk of sounding like beating a dead tauntaun...how about a poll asking fan how they'd like to see these figs released
a) mixed in reg retail at risk of waiting a couple years
b) mail away offer item
c) online/retail exclusive kept in R1 package assuming enough was run already and just waiting to be released
d) mixed in with other barely released figs like MH light up saber Anakin, MH light up sandtrooper, MH blow apart battle droid tan, 2nd Utai, TLC/DF2 original Rex, TLC/DF2 A-wing pilot, alternate force unleashed shadow trooper, w/ once rumored "betty bop" (or whatever the heck it was called) droid in an wave 2 of Amazon's Droid factory set up. But on second thought, save the TLC/DF2 A-Wing pilot and Rex and MH blow apart red battle droid variant for TVC2)
e) what ever line takes over in fall 2018 when HS slows down and a "saga" type line is needed to carry over until spring 2019 for EP9--assuming HS still releases in may 2018

personally, while I like option d, option b may be easiest route for Hasbro since they wouldn't think they'd have to deal w/ a middle man partner to distribute like WM, target, TRU, amazon, EE etc and may provide an insentive for consumers to p/u a few pegwarmers when TLJ line starts to drag and slow down in spring plus mailaways are so nastalgic

Reaction score
We've seen the product packaged, so its possible - but would they leave these gathering dust until next year? If they're all completed, it would make sense to unload them as a retailer exclusive, like TRU - rather than holding back RO products until after TLJ.

Reaction score
That's what I am thinking as well. Hasbro may just still be working out negotiations w/ a suitable excl partner but some retailers may not want conflicting packaging. I remember a few items in past an item finally hitting retail late after package art had already changed. The wm potj tie bomber and snowspeeder come to mind as does the tac mygeeto battle pack. If a retailer isn't interested in conflicting packaging, maybe Hasbro could look into a mail-away offer like the eopi/qui gon set. I'd even be ok if Brian's toys got it, jocasta seemed to be successful despite people's complaints of pricing but it was originally intended to been a convention excl but delayed in production so Brian's picked it up. It it had stayed a convention exclusive, it likely would've been around the same price as,what Brian's toys was charging.

Reaction score
stinks that we may have to wait till 2018 to get this set. I can't understand why if the figure is already made just send these out with the rest of the figures that are coming out on Force Friday.

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I ordered one as well. If we hear that they'll be available in stores and easy to track down then I guess I'll cancel it down the road.

Reaction score
I hope this hits stores or at least Amazon at some point. I really don't want to pay the inflated price just because Hasbro delayed it and it is somehow "rare" even though it hasn't even been released yet!

Reaction score
I hope so as well, this isn't a good solution for a product in limbo. Likewise, kids wont have access to it. Giving it to a company like EE that increases the price above MSRP and charges a high shipping fee on top of that increase rules out purchases from kids and many other consumers that are buying the 5 POA line because its affordable.

Reaction score
EE is charging no more than BBTS or a few other sites that now are listing it, however, EE does have higher shipping than others. As far as this not being a good avenue for kids..well I have nieces and nephews 10 and under, mastering their way around itunes and amazon making purchases w/ gift cards so online shopping is really not foreign to them, actually less foreign than some older adults even today.

Reaction score
I cant imagine there are many kids with EE giftcards that will be ordering this themselves. Either way, with the inflated price and shipping, its a rip-off for something that should have made it to retail.

Reaction score
Or at least be available on, IDK, a Hasbro website that sells toys? And that charges retail for them...

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if this set shows up on Hasbrotoyshop.com or becomes a TRU or Target exclusive at some point or another. I'm hoping that it shows up on Force Friday myself along with 10+ cases of Fenn Rau.

Reaction score
Has any more info been officially released about this set? EE has it up for pre-order, but is it expected to be available elsewhere (like Target)? My preference is not having to order it from EE, but I will if it looks like that's my only realistic option for getting it.

Reaction score
Many other online retailers have it for pre-order in Europe, available in December too. Though it's only toys/collectibles retailers. Seems it won't it physical retail but with Hasbro's distribution you never know :confused:

Something I was wondering about is will it be in Rogue One or TLJ packaging?

Reaction score
Most likely they are back stock on r1 pkgs. And held until Dec to get thru TLJ shipments now.

Reaction score
Many other online retailers have it for pre-order in Europe, available in December too. Though it's only toys/collectibles retailers. Seems it won't it physical retail but with Hasbro's distribution you never know :confused:

Something I was wondering about is will it be in Rogue One or TLJ packaging?
I was wondering that myself actually and if they will rework the figures to have force link tech in them as well as be on TLJ cards

Reaction score
I was wondering that myself actually and if they will rework the figures to have force link tech in them as well as be on TLJ cards
As I keep the 5poa figures carded I hope it's in RO packaging, to fit with all the other RO stuff.

Reaction score
IN STOCK TODAY AT EE....looks like they're waiting on my bank for the ok to charge my card

Reaction score
I hope so as well - I don't want to pay inflated prices plus shipping for one new figure and a repaint.
Jedi Temple Archives is reporting that this is an Entertainment Earth exclusive. Other online retailers (BBTS, Dorkside, etc.) are buying them from EE wholesale and then reselling them. EE bought these direct from the factory bypassing Hasbro (or something like that). It's possible an online retailer might sell them 3rd party on Amazon but they definitely won't be showing up at retail.

Reaction score
Jedi Temple Archives is reporting that this is an Entertainment Earth exclusive. Other online retailers (BBTS, Dorkside, etc.) are buying them from EE wholesale and then reselling them. EE bought these direct from the factory bypassing Hasbro (or something like that). It's possible an online retailer might sell them 3rd party on Amazon but they definitely won't be showing up at retail.
now I'm glad I pre-ordered mine from EE... sounds like the secondary market prices are going to be insane $$$$$$$$

Reaction score
Wow talk about a major Hasbro fail. I thought they said they'd relaunch these??

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Hasbro tends to fk up final waves, and they end up at discount stores instead of major retailers. Shame that didn't happen here - I don't want to pay a higher price and shipping from EE. Hasbro claimed these would be repacked in 2018, but who knows if that's true now. From convention to convention a line can be doing well and then be cancelled, lol.

Reaction score
Got my shipping notice from EE as well. Can't wait for arrival to officially end the r1 line.