Captain Bistan vs Shoretrooper

GNT

Reaction score
His popped up on screen in the trailer and was even on stage at Star Wars Celebration Europe, is anyone else up for seeing Rebel fighter Bistan from Rogue One made into a figure?

Reaction score
What is he doing hiding in the ship's Nerf launcher? Crazy space monkey, must get himself into all sorts of scrapes like an intergalactic Curious George.

Hopefully he is in a two pack like the other alien rebels, he can come with a standup cannon that fires but can be replaced with a more screen accurate weapon as pictured.

Reaction score
Would definitely pick one up. Reminds me a little too much of the raccoon from Guardians of the Galaxy, though.
i was thinking the very same thing...but then again, why shouldn't they "copy" off another franchise? Rebels?CW do/did it all the time it seems. That is/was my biggest gripe w/ Rebels/CW ..the "copying" is so obvious most times. I love/d the shows but it is a bit of a turn-off. Luckily, I have my DVR set to record Rebels because many times, I just "forget" it is on until later that night or the next day.

Reaction score
..back to Bistan,...his gun in that above pic, kinda reminds me of the 1980's vintage Snowtrooper/Dengar rifle. IG-88's was a bit different

Reaction score
in one promo image it appears that Bistan and Pao are a central part of the main group with Jyn and Cassain etc. But actually I doubt they are, and that is the only image I have seen where they are featured prominently. In fact they appear to be very much on the fringes based on trailers and images. I would guess that Bistan has a very small role.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Gareth Edwards confirmed Bistan has little more than a glorified cameo in the film. They had to temper expectations after how his segment in the Celebration BTS video was received extraordinarily well.
I bet he's on the u-wing, fires a few rounds, it lands, and then it blows up with him aboard.

Reaction score
I hope we get this guy. he is my favorite of all the new alien species we've seen so far for RO. of course, I hope we get a SA 3.75'' figure.

Reaction score
They should have just stuck this guy in the Jedha Revolt set and called it a day. There's plenty of other ways to get Jyn.

Reaction score
he is, but that doesn't mean he's in the film. That said, I expect them to make this guy and I bet he's in the next wave. I hope so, hes a cool looking character.
The way that Bistan was trotted out at the Star Wars Celebration ROGUE ONE cast & filmmaker panel does not seem like he's a character that's going to wind up on the cutting room floor.

Reaction score
The way that Bistan was trotted out at the Star Wars Celebration ROGUE ONE cast & filmmaker panel does not seem like he's a character that's going to wind up on the cutting room floor.
you just never know with a film making process. Lots of stuff that is planned and worked hard on doesn't make it onto screens. I am not saying it's especially likely with this particular character, it just that you can't take things for granted in a production phase. This character could be a really key role, but then again he might not even be on screen once. We just don't know.

Reaction score
I wouldn't get my hopes up about Bistan.
They really tempered down expectations after his appearances at Celebration went over extraordinarily well.

Plus if the merchandise is any indicator (or lack thereof), they made the Funko Pop of him a Con exclusive. That doesn't bode well for him being an integral character.

Reaction score
I wouldn't get my hopes up about Bistan.
They really tempered down expectations after his appearances at Celebration went over extraordinarily well.

Plus if the merchandise is any indicator (or lack thereof), they made the Funko Pop of him a Con exclusive. That doesn't bode well for him being an integral character.
I think we all know he isn't an integral character. But I do hope they make a figure.

Utinniii

Reaction score

Tell that to Bobbajo! He was shown off at a convention and in photos but we only saw him in one scene, off to the side.

Regardless, I hope we get a figure of him.

Reaction score
I think Bistan is probably going to happen. Granted, the line is being rolled out at a slow pace, and it may take some time for him to get offered in the 3.75" figure line. But I've seen Bistan in those scans from one of the reference books, the Celebration sizzle reel, TV spots (door gunner on a U-wing), and the big Rebel briefing scene. He's almost certainly in the movie. So was Bobajo, btw.

GNT

Reaction score
His not a main character but I can see Hasbro releasing him. If they were worried about him selling they can release him in a 2 pack with a Stormtrooper.

Reaction score
You can see him in the Rebel briefing room with Mon Mothma in the 'Breath' trailer.

Reaction score

Couple of images,
Great new shot of him as the gunner!

And the Topps card (gives his actors name, yes he plays the Green Telitubsy Nick Kellington
Sorry, now the image if him is tainted forever)

Reaction score
This character likely has a better chance than Bobbajo because he appears to be in at least one action sequence in the movie. Hasbro loves to tie toys to action packed scenes, and he's a new alien to boot. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him in the fourth wave of basic figures, or the deluxe 2-pack line.

GNT

Reaction score
Maybe a 2 pack with a Stormtrooper but most likely a ground crew trooper lol

Reaction score
I believe he comes with a Scarif commander, with the most prominent blue markings
That'd be my guess as well, since Hasbro said on their latest Pulse release that all 3 Scarif variants will be available in the 3.75" scale in spring of 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
So,
that might mean that the regular trooper will also be released in the Rebel Pilot 2 pack.
The latest word is that the Rebel Pilot 2 pack (and all other 2 packs other than the Bistan one) are actually mini die cast figures. Which, in my book, is super disappointing.