Captain Argyus - CW31

GNT

Reaction score
[more]

Captain Argyus was played by James Marsters in "Cloak of Darkness", the ninth episode of the Clone Wars series.

Who else wants to see A Captain Argyus made?

Reaction score
Re: Captain Argyus

Fine with me just make the basic one first and do the helmet right.

Reaction score

First off, characters who cooperate with the Separatists need to learn not to stand in front of them. Two, I know Rupert Everett fallen far, but I had no idea.

Reaction score

Well Argyus had what he got coming to him but a figure wouldn't be half bad but the helmet should be made hard plastic or have swapable heads.

Reaction score

I'd certainly like to see him made, and I agree that a standard Senate Commando would be cool as well. I think Argyus should come first though, seeing as he's dead - and the Senate Commandos will probably continue throughout the series...

Reaction score

Captain_Piet said:
I know Rupert Everett fallen far, but I had no idea.
I thought the same at first, then I remembered where I'd heard that particular psuedo-British accent before. If Ventress hadn't - SPOILER -

- staked him through the heart, I'd be crying for a vampire Argyus!

Reaction score

can of hair spray as an accessory would be nice too.

Reaction score

I'd love to see this figure, but I couldn't take this character seriously Because of his Hairdo
. But with his helmet On though thats another Story He had a cool armor design.

I'm glad Gree kicked his a$$, if it wasn't for Nute he'd smoke him.

Reaction score

Captain_Piet said:
I've always been partial to the Republic Cruiser, back to the Episode I days.
Me too!

Argyus would be a cool character to make in plastic. His body armor and helmet would look great.

Reaction score

I'd buy one; I really love his Hoplite style helmet!
The Senate commandos are no-brainers, so by all means bring em on Hasbro!!

Reaction score

Well, BlueLeader, there went my attempt at spoiler protection. That guy's got about as much chance of coming back as Gha Neckht.

GNT

Reaction score

darth_sidious said:
I'd certainly like to see him made, and I agree that a standard Senate Commando would be cool as well. I think Argyus should come first though
Once Hasbro has made him then they can release the commando as well since both characters share the same mould basically, the only difference is that Captain Argyus has the markings on his arms and the removable helmet. 2 figures for the price of one.

Reaction score

I doubt he will get made. He was in the show for less than 20 minutes. They'll give us a Senate Guard eventually but not this guy. He is a prime example of someone from the CW series that should NOT be made so they don't waste a good slot.

Reaction score

Grak said:
I doubt he will get made. He was in the show for less than 20 minutes. They'll give us a Senate Guard eventually but not this guy. He is a prime example of someone from the CW series that should NOT be made so they don't waste a good slot.
True enough. The only way I see him getting made is if they do a battle back with him and four (or three) commandos. The only reason we got oddball was that he looked identical to the regular pilots, and I still moaned and groaned. With Argyus, we'll probably just get a regular commando, and I'm sure your customization plans are already playing out in your mind's eye.

Reaction score

Hasbro should make him and his commandos.
After Gree and Green Company though

Reaction score

Grak said:
Greedo got smoked, like what...a minute into his intro? That never stopped anyone, kid or adult, from wanting a figure of him. Argyus also got more screen time than the ROTJ Weequays that became Sarlacc-snacks, and we all got figures of them too.
As a character he looks great, plus he'd be easy for Hasbro to make; we'd have a SA figure that could be a generic officer or even serve as an army builder. He'd be a great addition to the roster imo!

Reaction score

Cmdr_Gree said:
Grak said:
Greedo got smoked, like what...a minute into his intro? That never stopped anyone, kid or adult, from wanting a figure of him. Argyus also got more screen time than the ROTJ Weequays that became Sarlacc-snacks, and we all got figures of them too.
As a character he looks great, plus he'd be easy for Hasbro to make; we'd have a SA figure that could be a generic officer or even serve as an army builder. He'd be a great addition to the roster imo!
Except ANH only had about 100 minutes overall, and the Clone Wars series will be at least 2400 minutes.

Reaction score

Nerd-alert!

(I kid, I kid)

I'd have a hard time believing that Hasbro is quite that nit-picky. What Argyus has going for him is that there are other officers that likely look just like him, and he's different enough to add colour to a line that's almost entirely Clones, Jedi and Droids.

Reaction score

Cmdr_Gree said:
Grak said:
Screen time has never been a factor in making Star Wars figures. They made a background butcher into a figure! At least this guy had some lines. And as someone else said, two for the price of one with the body molds. There is a good chance we will see both the Cap and the commandos somewhere down the line, but not immediately.

Reaction score

I want it the figure and it seems like most people are game for him, besides who's to say he isn't featured in a flash back episode (fat chance but never know)

Reaction score

I will not buy a figure of him, but like it was said he was dressed in armor and there were others as well. He stands a pretty good chance at getting made. It will give Asajj lovers something to kill in the dioramas. I assume Nute will be coming at somepoint to.

Reaction score

I say this almost every week but I guess I'll have to say it again: NOT EVERY CHARACTER FROM EVERY EPISODE SHOULD/WILL GET MADE!

There are 2 other characters in that episode alone that will most certainly be made into plastic (I believe Luminara was already confirmed).

They will make the Senate Commando but not Argyus.

Reaction score

Grak said:
NOT EVERY CHARACTER FROM EVERY EPISODE SHOULD/WILL GET MADE!
I agree, and the hundreds of threads made by mods for every single charactor in the show are not helping.
I think there should be a generic senate guard, but there are far more deserving charactors to be made first.

Reaction score

Personally, (and this is just my point of view, mind you) I hope they do make him. Considering it appears that all Senate Commandos have the exact same body as the clones, this one should be a no-brainer for Hasbro. And I hope he has interchangeable heads; there's no way they'd get the hair right if they give him a removable helmet

Reaction score

They have larger left shoulder pads than clones. Perhaps he could appear in a battle pack