Captain Alex & the Shrimp Shack Shooters Presents: The Collection (Sponsored by IKEA)

Reaction score
Update: 1/19/13

On this cold winters day and it being a lazy day I thought it would a be a good time to post a few updated pictures.

The Mythos Obi-Wan Kenobi was the one piece from the Sideshow line is the one that most appealed to me. The detail on this piece is just amazing and the weather is pretty well done. The flex payment plan made the price of this piece much easier to budget for. Due to the size and weight of this piece it was not possible to fix in my display option of choice, the IKEA Detolf, so I bought the display case off of a co-worker's relative. The bottom and top of the display case had cracked glass. I replaced out the glass with think plywood cut to fit. I think it is a pretty cost efficient choice. I wanted the display case top pretty much focus on the Mythos Obi-Wan but space being what it is I had to optimize the use of the display case while also not cluttering it up. I added the two Pepsi of Japan Bottle Cap stages with Caps along with the mini sculpted posted from Code 3 Collectables.

On top of the Display case I placed the Kotobukiya X-Wing piece and you can also see the Jabba the Hutt piece of Illusive Concepts. This piece had been in my office but after 2 years I brought it home as a present for my long suffering assistant at work who hated this piece as it craped her out. Jabba has now been replaced with a non crappy tropical house plant in my office.

The PGM Mace Windu, from Gentle Giant, released in 2013 is a vast improvement over the armless version that help launch Gentle Giant into the Star Wars universe all those years ago. Arms do make the bust.

The Ewoks saw some love in the last year and I am happy that there have been additional pieces released to help compliment the center piece of Ewok collecting with the Fall of the Empire Diorama by Sideshow. The maquette by Gentle Giant is way cute!

Disney Weekends, for 2013, had a great exclusive by releasing the adorable Space Monkey Salacious Crumb. I spent more than I wanted for him on ebay but it is a welcome to addition to the collection.

Reaction score

Had to move a few busts around to make room for the Salacious Crumb from Disney. The Cantina patrons are a bit more crammed together than I would prefer. Hopefully a display case in the future will give me the ability to display them together.

Moved around the Slave Leia's around. The statue by Gentle Giant gets its own dedicated shelf.

The only addition to this section of the Detolf is the autographed Oola postcard I obtained at Celebration 5. I had misplaced it and found it two years later in a folder. Thought it complimented the shelf well.

The Premium Format Exclusive Slave Leia was on the get list for the longest time. With lots of patience and will power I was able to obtain this piece at a great price. She is beautiful. The 2nd piece in here that was obtained from the original posting of photos of this display case is the Tuskin and Bantha statue by Gentle Giant. For less than $100 shipped this piece was a steel when obtained in 2013. I hate where it is my collection. It needs to move to a different spot and will hopefully find a new spot when a new display case is obtained for it. Sadly it doesn't in the detolf.

Jango Fett saw some love in 2013 with an ArtFx release by Kotobukiya. You can see him on the upper shelf, back right. I have him the classic western "Draw partner" pose.

The Boba Fett Shelf, above, is just a rearrangement of what I already owned.

The SDCC Fett exclusive was added in 2013. A good piece although I do prefer the original release from years. And the tin it was released in was nice enough but not necessary nor was the price that GG charged for this exclusive. Price gouging pure and simple.

On the bottom shelf I added a set of the Kotobukiya ArtFx Stormtroopers. I am glad Kotobukiya re-released them as the secondary market for these, for years, was outrageous.

My Star Wars Disney shelf. Been restrained going full tilt crazy in collecting Disney related items. So tempting though.

Being restrained only goes so far with me I guess, I received (aka bought by me and given to wife to giftwrap and say it was "From Santa") the Kotobukiya War Machine. This piece has fantastic detailing but the where it attaches to the base to give it the effect of flying is poorly constructed. I had to prop up the piece against the retuen pipe in my collection space so it flew straight. Otherwise it would tilt at about 30 degrees. The Iron Patriot bust by Gentle Giant is well done. The paint application is one of the better ones I've seen in a few years. However the way GG designed the base for this is just asking for a breakage event.

Some rearranging from earlier photos. The Leia/Jabba statue is now in a dedicated display case. I originally bought this football helmet to display the Bantha/Tuskin statue by GG but it just didn't fit. So this worked out fine. The Ikea display case now holds my Hasbro Star Wars Unleashed line along with my Burger King Glasses from the OT.

Reaction score

So this Ikea Bookcase got the most extensive redo since I originally posted.

The RMQ shelf is unchanged and still one of my favorite parts of my collection. I do have it scheduled to move to another display case sometime this year when it is bought. The reason is because this display case will be 100% dedicated to Superheroes and Superheroines.

I was into comics for years when I was a kid up to ****rty. Once I started dating the comic book collecting ended. At the height of my collecting I had 23 long boxes that I eventually sold off, I just started collecting again in the last two years. A nice little shop has opened by work and it is run by two very nice guys and the store has a good positive vibe where customers and owners are very nice. I'm only collecting Avenger titles and some related heroes. On the Star Wars side I'm only collecting the mixed bag run of the current monthly Star Wars series.

The ladies of the DC universe. My favorite is the modern Catwoman as depicted by Adam Hughes.

Some classic Bowen busts. There was a sculptor who just exclusively depicted the characters with crossed arms. I just made that up although it does seem that way, My favorite is Luke Cage "Heroes for Hire" Power Man. Still waiting on a decent Iron Fist minibust to go with it.

Avengers Assemble! A mixture of Gentle Giant, Kotobukiya and Bowen busts. The Giant Man with a mini Wasp is a nice sculpt. It can be seen in the far left back corner.

The other side of the Avengers shelf. The modern take of the Wasp is quite a nice bust. The Kotobukiya bust of the Hulk is pretty cool although I would like to get the Gentle Giant version as the scale of that piece is crazy.

A mixture of minibust and statue lines. The Bishojo Kitty Pride is fantastic. The Lockheed is super on it and really catches the playfulness of the character. The Ami-Comi Wonder Woman is just pure sexiness. The costume defies gravity. The Union Jack mini bust by Bowen is just great. I am a huge Invaders fan and would love to see Bowen release an Original Human Torch, Toro and a non dopy minibust of Bucky and a better Namor.

Another mixture of minibust lines. The Batman is pretty nice and seems to be close to his Arkham City costume. Sheena the She Devil is like the Frank Cho drawing come to three dimensional form.

A mixture of Bowen, Bishojo and DC statues. My favorite is the Ms Marvel by Bowen. I bought her at NYCC 2013. As one of my favorite Avengers this piece nails the depiction of the character from the Comics and her Avengers Assemble cartoon run.

The Wasp statue by Bowen is near perfection. They got the modern costume exactly right and the transformation effect is very creative.

Reaction score
Blimey, that's quite an update..., I do like seeing lots of new & interesting things in people's collections though..., very cool. :)

Reaction score

Finally put this Celebration print in a frame.

And this earlier Celebration print is also framed and attached to the reverse side of the Leia print. Wall space is a premium and I thought this was a good way to maximize how some of my items are displayed.

In this old china cabinet on the middle shelf I have my Padme Amidala and Princess Leia collectable showcased. It is way too cluttered and with some new Amidala stuff on the horizon this shelf will get a remake throughout the year. The Princess Leia collectables will move to new cabinet yet to purchased.

The good Queen of Naboo in a very small sampling of her outfits from the PT. So much potential to be had.

The centerpiece of my Amidala collecting is the Sideshow Diorama piece. The crazy cat is so well done and is so detailed that it alone could have been sold as a unique piece worth buying.

You can never go wrong with classic Princess Leia. I would love to see a statue of Classic Leia with her hood up akin to the Allison Sohn print "The Princess".

Reaction score
More have you!?! lol ;) All good stuff, I especially like the look of the Padme statue from AOTC with the big cat creature..., when did Sideshow make that piece? Never seen it before.

Reaction score
Now that's how you do an update!!!

Great and varied collection mate...

Very enjoyable to look at... well done

Reaction score
One of the things I didn't picture in my collection space is new lighting I got for the space. I finally can see my collection...dust and all.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Those Maul pieces look great together. So Spider Maul is in scale with the mini busts? I would love it if GG released the waist-up portion of that statue as a mini bust.

Reaction score
Some recent additions:

Mara Jade by Koto is a welcome addition and a nice compliment to the GG bust done many years ago.

Rocket Raccoon arrived today and this is my favorite out of the three SDCC exclusives I bought from GG. It is perfection.

Reaction score
Man, seeing that pic makes me extremely pleased with my decision to buy Rocket!

He is on his way.

Now....we need GROOT!

Reaction score

Finally figured out a good way to display the Koto X-Wing. Placed it on the top shelf of this display cabinet along with the ANH X-Wing Luke and Porkins minibuses. The Sideshow Kenobi and Padme/Nexu diorama are in the middle shelf. Not crazy about these two pieces side by side but until I get another large display option it will have to do for now. The Maul collectables have moved to the bottom shelf.

Rearranged and added the SDCC 2014 exclusive Luke.

Reaction score
Some recent updates for the collection:

Bought a second store display case from a local 2nd hand shop for $20. It was a filthy mess and was a challenge to get down to the basement due to its weight. But after a little TLC it now displays some of the bigger pieces of part of the Jabba's Place setup in my collection.

Unlike Walter Donovan I finally was able to acquire one of collecting grails early this past September. A fellow forum member was able to arrange the purchase of the Episode 1 Pepsi display stage. I am thrilled to have added this piece to my collection. I am missing a few bottle caps for it bit the hard part is now a thing of the past.

Here are all of Kotobukiya Astromechs released thus far. The display case is one usually used for Football helmets. I am happy that Kotobukiya has another exclusive release next month.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Rearranged the Padme display with the arrival of the Padme statue earlier this week.

I moved my loose Star Wars Disney pins into this display case instead of hanging them pinned to hanging lanyard. I think they display better this way.

Bought two new Ikea bookcases and rearranged my Superheroes statues and busts.

Also rearranged all of my concept Star Wars items. I like how they are all together now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
awesome room you have..Im sure you could spend hours just looking at all of it ..where did you get that picture of Han and Leia thats behind the Leia slave statue?

Reaction score
Some quick updates:

Added newest Astromech from Barnes and Noble to my collection.

Bought the Dewback and Sandtrooper statue from a fellow scummer for a fantastic price. The detail on the statue is well done.

Over the last two years I've been getting into comic book sketch covers. I had the Slave Leia cover commissioned on the Guardians of the Galaxy cover. It only felt appropriate to have it done on this over as Leia was one of my 1st true Guardians all those years ago.

Reaction score
Congrats on the Sandtrooper and Dewback statue. Definitely one of Gentle Giant's best, and a great addition to the collection. Very nice Leia shelf too!

Reaction score
Amazing stuff man! Nice to see a fellow Bowen collector as well! I need to post my collection in here.