Captain Alex & the Shrimp Shack Shooters Presents: The Collection (Sponsored by IKEA)

Reaction score
It seems like a good as time as any to share my collection. I’ll add more photos and details as time goes on.

The collection is housed in ½ of my unfinished basement. There’s only so much you can do to make an unfinished basemen to not look like an unfinished basement. I bought a bunch of those rubber floor interlocking mats to cover most of he collecting floor surface. It’s better than the cold cement floor.

The lighting needs to be upgraded and it Is on the “to do” list.

I also have a really good air filter in the space. It really has cut down on the dust in the space. It still gathers dust but not nearly as quickly as it did before.
Also this is what I call Version 2 of the collection. To get an idea of what my collection use to look like here is a link to the old photos:

Public Home | Captain Alex | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

There are a few items you will still see in the current collection but not much. So with that let’s begin .

Let’s make our way towards the collection. But 1[SUP]st[/SUP] let’s look at Star wars art that lines the stairway down to the Captain’s Quarters.

The Rocketeer comics are fantastic and the movie is under rated so when I saw this piece by Dave Acosta perfectly captures the look made famous by Dave Stevens.

Clark Mitchell and his art really brings the Star Wars universe to life. I bought this poster off of ebay a few years ago. Due to the narrowness of the stairwell I couldn’t get the entire thing photographed. Although Clark Mitchell hasn’t done anything Star Wars related in quite sometime (His C6 Store Exclusive Poster has been cancelled)I hope he’ll release something soon.

Given out during the premiere of Episode II of IMAX this piece is massive. Couldn’t get an entire shot of it due to the stairway narrowness.

Purchased for my oldest daughter when she was a baby when I went to C3.This print by Cynthia Cummens. When she changed her room décor she donated this piece to my collection.

Purchased earlier this year both pieces are pretty nifty. I’m not sure if I would have bought the “It’s a Trap” print if my kids and I weren’t into playing the board game Mousetrap at the time it went for sale. Word to parents thinking to buy this board game. Don’t. It’s just as poorly constructed now as it was when I was kid. The print, however, is just funny.

Next to it is a small “Kessell Run” print whose proceeds will go towards fighting Wookie Pox. J

Looking up going down the stairs is this door display form Burger King promoting the BK watches. One of the few display pieces still in my collection.

Ant Lucia did a a great series of propaganda posters. These line the stairwell.

This piece really spoke to me and captures the wonder and amazement of 1[SUP]st[/SUP] seeing A New Hope. I had this look I’m sure and my kids had it too when they first saw it. The artist is Brian Denham.

This piece titled “Redemption” was purchased from Star Wars shop a few years ago. It perfectly captures the emotional climax of the entire saga. It is a very big piece and I couldn’t get a decent picture showing the entire print.

At the landing of the stairs is this Arcade Cabinet. When I was a little boy there was this show called Silver Spoons staring Rick Schroder and Erin Grey. Well the Rock Schroder character lived in a mansion and he had full sized video games. I didn’t live in a mansion and I was playing a poor man’s rendition of Pac-Man on my Atari 2600. But I dreamed that one day I would have my own arcade cabinet. A few years ago I bought the working cabinet for a steel off of Craigslist. Although it says Ninja Gaiden the cabinet has been modified to have over 1000 games from arcade classics, rare arcade games, games only playable in Japan plus Nintendo, Super Nintendo, NeoGeo, Sega and Sega Dreamcast. The control panel is custom made. This was a dream buy and construct (although not constructed by me but from a very talented friend who used to collect Star Wars but quit the hobby).
You can also see a small part of a Detolf holding some Maul collectables and on the eay top the Episode II Pepsi Bottlecaps Stage from Japan.

As you reach the bottom of the stairs and turn left this is the site you see. Reactions are typically “Wow”, “Cool”,or “Neat”. However my wife usually sighs and wonders if she’s made a terrible mistake. She must be a Bluth.

This display, from Ikea, holds various Jedi themed collectables on the top shelf. On the bottom shelf is my sparse Episode I themed items. A combination of Gentle Giant and Applause items. My favorite piece in this display is the Applause Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan Diorama as they stand outside the bridge of the Trade Federation ship. Very well done from Applause.

A friend of mine often says I am really a collector of Detolfs from Ikea instead of being a Star Wars collector. LOL! Perhaps. Although it is hard to see behind this row of Detolfs are Episode III displays from WalMart from their Midnight madness event. A display that needs to be propped back up is an Episode III Lays Potato chip shelf talker. You can part of it along the left back wall. Also on the top of this row are Autographs of most of the primary actors of the Original Trilogy.

Same cabinets from a different point of view.

Ah foosball Star Wars style. Bought on clearance at WalMart years ago this piece was a pain to put together. The instructions did call from two people to build it but I thought I was smarter than the instructions. I don’t think I ever swore so much putting something together. My kids use the game every now and than but most time it becomes a holding table for my newest collectables, comics or magazines until they find their permanent home.
You can some of the character keys from ACME lining the perimeter of the collection space.

My favorite moment out of the entire 6 movies are the scenes that took place in Jabba’s palace. A mixture of Gentle Giant, Sideshow and Applause plus an original little piece of art of a seductive looking Slave Leia. My favorite piece is the Sideshow diorama piece of Leia killing Jabba. The sculpt on Leia is terrific and the facial expression of a deathly surprised Hutt is fantastic.

Another shot of my Jabba display. The cabinet case was being thrown out at my company so I’m glad to have given a second life in my collection. The back of the cabinet case had sliding wooden doors which I’ve covered with a Clone Wars plastic Table Cloth. It looks better than the plain white wooden door but it doesn’t fit the Jabba’s palace theme. Luckily, I received the Rancor print last week and framed it. So now it covers half the back of the display case. Much better.

More detolfs with more nifty stuff. The left Detolf is Mos Eisley and it’s surrounding suburbs. The Detolf on the right is Jabba’s Palace. If you look closely behind the Detolf’s you will see an Episode III R2 Pepsi Cooler. That was a Birthday gift from my Sister in Law back in 2005.

The Episode II Video Store Display Dump is being used as my VHS, DVD and CD holder of my Star Wars media items. Behind it and mostly blocked is a signed Randy Martinez “Welcome to Orlando” poster from C5. He is a heck of a guy who can really tell a good story or two.
The Detolf next to it has my favorite Sideshow Diorama in it, “The Fall of the Empire”. Ewok savagery at its finest. The Black cat is as cute and savage as a rabid Ewok.

This hutch belonged to wives great aunt. When she moved she was giving furniture away, I took this piece and it just fit in the basement. In hindsight I should have passed on it as it is not the ideal piece to hold collectables but as my friend who helped me get in the basement stated the only way this thing is coming out of the basement is in several chainsaw pieces. For example, on the Disney dominated shelf there is a cool Rocketeer minibus totally hidden by the wooden frame around the hutch doors.

The four small Toy Story statues are from Dark Horse. The Black and White Woody from Woody’s Roundup is a D23 exclusive from last year and the 3 ¾ Buzz Lighgtyear in his packaging rocket ship is also a D23 exclusive from a few years back. I believe both pieces were produced by Matel. The time traveling car was bought at Universal Studios Florida this past winter. The picture of Woody is autographed by Tom Hanks. I have a Tim Allen Buzz autographed Buzz Lightyear to add to the display real soon.

Mickey Mouse came with the Exclusive edition of epic Mickey. The briefcase is a DVD holder that was exclusively sold at Blockbuster in conjunction with Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Avengers Assemble! A lousy picture showing various minibusts. Some are from Kotobukiya from their limited line of Avengers minibusts such as the Hulk and Iron Man. Some are from Bowen such as The very well done Wasp and Battle Armor Thor. Also some pieces of Gentle Giant like Captain America (movie version) and the two Black Widows ala Scarlet Johansson. From this angle you can’t see a Kotobukiya Iron Man vinyl statue or a Bowen Spider-Man mini-bust.

A small alcove in my basement where my desk is located. You can see on top of the back left Detolf is the Death Star Bottle cap holder by Pepsi. You also see a plush Rotta (Stinky). My oldest daughter was Ashoka for Halloween last year and I bought her the plush with the backpack for her. She graciously donated it to my collection once Halloween was over. You also see some Rum and Tequila. No explanation needed.

Here is another picture to show you from an angle the Ikea Detolf right behind my office chair. At the way bottom you can just see the very cool Anakin vs Obi-Wan Diorama from Sideshow. Above that is my favorite piece of this display cabinet: Vader chocking Captain Antillies diorama from Sideshow along with the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Vader minibust from Gentle Giant. Above that are the various ladies of Star Wars in statue and bust from Gentle Giant. Above that is the Kotobukiya Palpatine vs Yoda Vinyl model along with one of the few pieces to survive my Hasbro purge: Unleashed Yoda vs Palpatine.

The unleashed line is my all time favorite line from Hasbro. At 1[SUP]st[/SUP] it wasn’t. I hated the original packaging. How uninspired and dull. But once Clark Mitchell did the card art I was sold. It really popped and made me give the actual toys a second look.

The Yoda and Mace vinyl model from Kotobukiya is one of my favorite pieces by Kotobukiya. It really captured a moment from between Episode 2 & 3 that we all imagined happened before there was any Clone Wars cartoon series. Also highlighted in this picture are the glasses that were sold in BK when the Original Trilogy was new. Also a complete set of boxed Japanese Pepsi Bottlecaps.

This shelf is a tribute to the late, great Ralph McQuarrie. Kotobukiya nailed the concept Vader vs Luke vinyl model and Gentle Giant captured the concept Vader in its full three dimensional glory. I also have a Gentle Giant Luke that is not McQuarrie but is acting as a place holder until Gentle Giant makes one. I really got into autograph collecting a little over a year ago. I bought this Ralph McQuarrie index card and had it custom framed to this piece of custom art. In ESB my favorite sequence is the Battle of Hoth. Although this concept piece didn’t translate directly on the big scene it perfectly does capture the sheer desperation of the Hoth Troopers in the trenches. I’m also a huge fan of Hoth Rebels and hope we get some Gentle Giant or Kotobykiya representation of them in the near future.

Ric Olie is a bootleg purchased while traveling in the South of Spain in August 2001.

A look at my small video game collection. Top shelf are various Star Wars Video games going back to Atari, early PC games, Wii, Playstation, etc. The shelf below it are various computer games that were my all time favorites like Pirates created by the Great Sid Meyer (His autograph is on the Napoleon promo Civilization artwork), Battle of Brittan by Lucasarts and the original Fallout by Interplay. The shelf below it has various collectables from Disney and past Celebrations.

A near empty Detolf is waiting for my collectable loot. In the meantime it houses various mini sculpted posters from Code 3. Behind the Detolf are one of the few display pieces I still own, the Yoda display used to promote the release of Episode II on DVD and Video.

A long view of the collection looking towards the back of the room. The lighting in here creates lots of weird shadows.
This section of my collection space is loosely supposed to show the evolution of the Clones to Stormtroopers from their origins with Jango Fett.

My favorite piece here is the Fett/Solo in Carbonate (Realistic Style). Gentle Giant did a great job capturing this moment. I do hope to see some Bespin Guards and maybe a Lobot in this scale to go with this piece in the future.

My patience award was earned for the long time and effort in took to track down the exclusive Japanese Kotobukikya Clone Captain, Commander and Lieutenant. I bought them all from a the same seller a few years back for a pretty fair price. They were lose and the red commanders arm was snapped in two when I got him it is still brings a sense of completion to me for having all the Episode II Kotobukiya Clones.

Some Clones and Stormtroopers may be seen in these Detolfs. The best Kotobukiya Clone product is the 1/7 scale Commander Cody. You can sort of make him out in the upper right corner. The detailing is perfect on it. As far as minibusts go the animated style Commander Bly from gentle Giant gets my vote. If you notice I don’t own the realistic version of this bust. I don’t care for the pose. This one seems to be a better representation.

You can see the Kotobukiya Commander Cody better in this picture. In the bookcase, also from IKEA, are well books and other various collectables. On the top shelf is a Ceramic Death Star which is a holder for an exclusive Fossil Watch. To the right of that is a display only R2D2 Droid Phone that was used by Verizon to show what the phone would look like. It has no guts inside. Behind it is an Episode II Salesman Sample kit that was used to promote the cereal tie ins. There are slide inside of it along with all the cereal premiums for the US market. The white mailers next to it are Hasbro Boba Fett’s a friend of mine gave me. To the right of that are the California Lottery coins and display case with unscratched tickets that were sold back in 2005.

Jumping down two shelves is an Episode I promo Battle Droid Pepsi Can Holder from Japan. Behind it is an Episode I Salesman Sample Packet with the Anakin graphic on it. Inside are four sealed but empty cans that have the well known can graphic on it but the descriptions of each character is in gibberish in order to preserve the secrecy of the upcoming release of Episode 1. Beneath it in the White box a Cartoon Network Press Kit for Season 1 of the Clone Wars. It comes with a DVD with two episodes and bonus marketing content. The box also included a Hasbro catalog and a kids light saber. You also see press kits for Seasons 2 and 4 on the shelf. Flanking the Yoda with the 3D glasses are 3D glasses that were given out for the 3D release. Behind it is a Pepsi Episode I Metal Can Case with a Naboo Fighter latch. All the cans are sealed and are empty. They were never filed.

8/21/12 Update:

Not the sharpest image of the small piece of Slave Leia art in the big display case but it gives you an idea of what it looks like. The sultry look of Leia was what drew me to buying this piece.

More to come in the near future.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow! CaptainAlex finally reveals his collection!!!

I need to back up and give proper time to each pic and take it all in. :)

See ya Wednesday man.

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, CA. Lots of great items here. I really like the "Redemption" print, Unleashed poster, McQ tribute shelf, and the clones/troopers in the Detolfs. Is the slave Leia art in the Jabba display case something you commissioned? Who is the artist? Would love to get a close up shot of that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That is definitely a VERY impressive collection you have there..., wish I had the money to be able to get SO much!!! lol ;) Bet that it took a long time to collect all of those lovely statues, figures & mini-busts..., patience & time (oh & alot of cash too)!!! :)

Reaction score
I could spend a week there checking out your awesome collection :)

Reaction score
Looks great, Alex! It's been a loooong time since I've seen your collection and it looks totally different. I really like what you've done with it.

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, CA. Lots of great items here. I really like the "Redemption" print, Unleashed poster, McQ tribute shelf, and the clones/troopers in the Detolfs. Is the slave Leia art in the Jabba display case something you commissioned? Who is the artist? Would love to get a close up shot of that.
Thanks man! I'll take a close up of the Slave Leia for you. The artist is unknown. I won it on ebay.

Reaction score
Looks great, Alex! It's been a loooong time since I've seen your collection and it looks totally different. I really like what you've done with it.
Thanks Neal. I appreciate the kind words. Yes it is a big change from when you last saw it. When in town drop on by:)

Reaction score
Good stuff Alex, I like your set ups with the McQuarrie shelf and the Boba and Clones shelves in particular. That Vader Redemption print is amazing, is it still possible to get one?

Reaction score
Alex - awesome collection. Looks like a ton of fun. I had never seen your collection before, and I'm glad you shared it. Keep up the great work!

Reaction score
Damn Alex! I didn't realize how huge your collection is! It looks great!

Reaction score
Great meeting you, Alex! Miller's was lots of fun.
And thanks for the close up of the slave Leia art. Very hot!
Ben

Reaction score
JangO: the Death Star is the Episode 3 Bottle Cap stage from Pepsin. It was exclusive to the Japanese market.

Ben: Way too much fun last night at Millers. Great meeting you too.

Reaction score
Now that's a lot of Star Wars! Really like the theme arrangements. Couldn't help but notice The Jedi Path behind Yoda and Mace.

Reaction score
Wow what a great collection. Had a lot of fun looking through. Especially love the art and the clone trooper display.

Reaction score
Some quick updates on recent adds:

The new disgruntled old man Palpatine bust has been added. Looks pretty pissed like he didn't get his senior discount at the Sizzler.

The Astromech R2-A6 exclusive from Kotobukiya from Celebration 6. I had to buy it off of Ebay after the show. It is very well done and looks great on my Episode 1 shelf. One of the few astromechs that didn't end up dead in Episode I: Nightmare on Astromech Street

Finally, I picked up this Disney pin set while in Florida while at Celebration although I didn't buy at C6 or in when I visited Downtown Disney. I bought it at a Disney outlet store in Orlando on the Sunday morning on the day of my flight. Limited to 300 pieces this framed pin set is fantastic. I have a modest collection of Disney Star Wars pins and to have this framed set is just way cool.

Reaction score
Awesome room and displays man! My wife has a similar sigh for my 'nerd cave'

Reaction score
A small update...

I finally got my Sebastian Shaw framed.

The autograph came from a theatre program Mr Shaw signed from a production of "The Cresta Run".

Mr Shaw signed at the bottom of the program at an angle.

In hindsight I should have had the autograph itself mounted on a white background instead of a black one.

However I never thought I would own a Shaw signature and I am happy to have it displayed in my collection

Reaction score
Nice lot my favourite are the 3 posters from aunt lucia propaganda they are way nice.what size sre they?

Reaction score
Like many people we have extended our living space to the outside of our home. My wife and I have planted extensive gardens and enjoy the variety of plants and flowers we have planted over the years.

A few weeks ago I saw a DIY project that transforms a vinyl bank Yoda into a Yoda Garden Gnome.

With some spray paint, caulk and sand I have transformed an ordinary piggy bank into a pretty cool looking faux bronze Yoda statue.

Even my wife thought i t was cool. I like how it turned out