Cantina Showdown - POTF2 (Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary) PulseCon '21 Exclusive

Reaction score
OMG 😊😊 Just woke up to discover this !

Screenshot_20210709-072435_Facebook.jpg

Possible SDCC leak found in an FB-group. Unconfirmed so far, but I already love it 😊Wouldn't have needed yet another Kenobi, and Baba looks to be a recolored Yavin Luke with new head and hands, only Evazan looks to be all new and the Cantina bar section of course.

Makes me already wonder if they would make another bar section with more Cantina aliens, or at least with Wuher or EV-9D9 from Mando 😉😉😉

EDIT: Closer inspection, I noticed the bar comes in individual parts. Would they be made as a complete boxed set or sold single packed like the old 3.75 figures from the blue card series with each including "build-a-bar"-part 🤔🤔

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is that Luke cosplaying as an Aqualish?!

I kid I kid but seriously Hasbro couldn’t afford a new upper body to match Ponda Baba’s frame? Since Old Ben is a reissue with Kenner updated photo real head and Ponda is 75% Yavin Luke reuse this set is approximately almost half reuse I think. Even Dr. Evazan seems to have borrowed someone’s legs.F238C014-2F47-49C9-9E4A-B5382E4BB3F5.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
If this is the SDCC triple pack and it comes with that bit of the cantina as a diorama...they are gonna be able to fleece me for whatever they want to charge.

If it's just the three figures...then I might be able to resist, since I don't really need another Ben and the other two will be out on their own later in the year. (He says, looking over at the Heroes Of Endor set that arrived long after he had bought the Endor Trio individually last fall...)

Reaction score
I want to believe this is a decent custom passed off as a legit leak, but it looks pretty legit.

Re-use is fine when it's subtle. Recent re-use has not been subtle at all, and it keeps being offered to us at a premium price as exclusives. Can't unsee Ponda as just Yavin Luke with a Halloween mask on, and the doubling-down on cream-colored Obi-Wan hair and beard is disappointing. If costs are so high they should just concentrate on making fewer, better figures rather than poor representations based on available parts. When Dr Evazan is the highlight of the set...? :sick: At least they didn't throw that awful old Farmboy Luke into the mix.

Reaction score
I’m sorry but that Ponda Baba is horrible. I get that it’s a mask and should look appropriately larger but that is ridiculous. The Luke reuse is awful. And where are the suction cup hands? If this is legit, which I’m prone to believe, this is an easy pass for me. The cantina piece is the highlight

Reaction score
I’m sorry but that Ponda Baba is horrible. I get that it’s a mask and should look appropriately larger but that is ridiculous. The Luke reuse is awful. And where are the suction cup hands? If this is legit, which I’m prone to believe, this is an easy pass for me. The cantina piece is the highlight

Plus he's green, like the Kenner figure, and not at all like his appearances in A New Hope or Rogue One, or, you know, ANY version of this character that Hasbro has produced up until now. I can only hope this is a well-executed hoax meant to shine a damning light on Hasbro's kitbashing.

Reaction score
I want to believe this is a decent custom passed off as a legit leak, but it looks pretty legit.

Re-use is fine when it's subtle. Recent re-use has not been subtle at all, and it keeps being offered to us at a premium price as exclusives. Can't unsee Ponda as just Yavin Luke with a Halloween mask on, and the doubling-down on cream-colored Obi-Wan hair and beard is disappointing. If costs are so high they should just concentrate on making fewer, better figures rather than poor representations based on available parts. When Dr Evazan is the highlight of the set...? :sick: At least they didn't throw that awful old Farmboy Luke into the mix.
The tell-tale sign that it could be legit are the lame uninspired poses of the figures. I am cautiously optimistic.

Reaction score
his cut hand was like the one in the picture, I guess they used both hands in the movie?

Attachments

• Evpez.jpg
    Evpez.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score

It really does look like a custom. Even Evazan’s face seems strange as if someone used sculpy instead of a 3D print or mold. I hope the other pics and angles make this look better or this may be a pass sadly. Hasbro has been pushing us further away with increased prices and cheap shortcuts.

Reaction score
IMO the head of Ponda is pretty spot on. I guess the reason why there are so many in disgust already, most collectors are way to used to the actualy underscaled head used on EVERY 3.75 figure before.
It just looks weird, because this one finaly has the facehair sculptered too, something I don´t remember seeing before. I always hoped, they would just resize the TBS 3.75 Baba, but looking at it now it is way off.

And... examinig actual scteenshots/in-production photos, he DOES wear a Luke-ish jacket, so, everything fine for me. Just hope they include a cut-off arm and the suctioncup hands too, like the 3.75 TBS had 🤪

Reaction score
Even the jacket pocket isn’t accurate! Look at Luke’s Yavin one with a straight line pocket and then at Ponda’s with a triangular edge and button. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
It really does look like a custom. Even Evazan’s face seems strange as if someone used sculpy instead of a 3D print or mold. I hope the other pics and angles make this look better or this may be a pass sadly. Hasbro has been pushing us further away with increased prices and cheap shortcuts.

It is somewhat odd we don't see the "ugly" side of Evazan's face, because the display is reversed from the film. The bar and distiller pieces look good but what use are they? It's not a full diorama, there are no signs of other cantina denizens on the horizon, etc.

IMO the head of Ponda is pretty spot on. I guess the reason why there are so many in disgust already, most collectors are way to used to the actualy underscaled head used on EVERY 3.75 figure before.
It just looks weird, because this one finaly has the facehair sculptered too, something I don´t remember seeing before. I always hoped, they would just resize the TBS 3.75 Baba, but looking at it now it is way off.

And... examinig actual scteenshots/in-production photos, he DOES wear a Luke-ish jacket, so, everything fine for me. Just hope they include a cut-off arm and the suctioncup hands too, like the 3.75 TBS had 🤪

I think it will look better from straight-on, but I think the body type is more the issue than the head size. Seems very unlikely it will have a cut-off arm.

Incidentally Yakface does have individual SKUs for both Ponda and Evazan, so if this set is legit they probably won't be exclusive to it.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Cantina Showdown (Dr. Evazan, Ponda Baba, Obi-Wan Kenobi) - POTF2 (Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary).
Hasbro-Pulse-Icon-18px.png
Exclusive. Available exclusively at Hasbro Pulse Con later this year! MSRP is $104.99. Available for pre-order at a later date at Pulse here.

Press Images

Black-Series-Canina-Showdown-POTF2-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Boxed-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Canina-Showdown-POTF2-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Canina-Showdown-POTF2-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Canina-Showdown-POTF2-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Canina-Showdown-POTF2-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-4-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Canina-Showdown-POTF2-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-5-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Canina-Showdown-POTF2-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-6-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Canina-Showdown-POTF2-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-7-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Canina-Showdown-POTF2-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-8-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Canina-Showdown-POTF2-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-10-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Canina-Showdown-POTF2-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-9-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
Black-Series-Canina-Showdown-POTF2-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Boxed.jpg

Black-Series-Canina-Showdown-POTF2-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-1.jpg

Black-Series-Canina-Showdown-POTF2-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-4.jpg

Black-Series-Canina-Showdown-POTF2-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-5.jpg

Black-Series-Canina-Showdown-POTF2-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-6.jpg

Black-Series-Canina-Showdown-POTF2-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-8.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Love the packaging and the concept, not a fan of the execution. Speaking of reuse, who’s legs are Evazan’s? They have to be repurposed with those double knee joints
Edit: glad to see the suction cup hands weren’t left out!

Reaction score
Screenshot_20210709-184837_Chrome.jpg

So, would we need two sets to build this or is THIS ⬆ actualy inside the box ?

EDIT: Nevermind, just noticed the small print 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤪

Reaction score
Love the packaging and the concept, not a fan of the execution. Speaking of reuse, who’s legs are Evazan’s? They have to be repurposed with those double knee joints
Edit: glad to see the suction cup hands weren’t left out!
That’s what I was thinking too! Evazan has reuse legs from somewhere…

Reaction score
While it ain't pretty from any aesthetic standpoint, I can't help but feel some Cinema Scene nostalgia for the packaging! :love:

Ponda really looks like a guy in a rubber mask though...
Lol I was just thinking, damn they might get me to bite if they do “Death Star Escape”. I loved that 3 pack! They made some great cinema scene sets in that line. I can easily see them doing the one with Vader, Luke, and the Emperor as well. The throne is already molded too

Reaction score
Lol I was just thinking, damn they might get me to bite if they do “Death Star Escape”. I loved that 3 pack! They made some great cinema scene sets in that line. I can easily see them doing the one with Vader, Luke, and the Emperor as well. The throne is already molded too
Back then, I loved those Cinema Scenes too, espicaly the later TPM ones 😊
Not exactly Cinema Scenes, but close to the DSEscape, the two Trash Compactor sets were my favourite. THESE I would love to see in 6"

Reaction score
At first I didn't realize that you need 2 sets to complete the bar as shown in some of the images. That's a bummer. I really wish Hasbro would let us know if they will do a 2nd set, maybe with Luke or better yet an army builder like a Stormtrooper/Sandtrooper so that people can decide to double dip on this one or wait for another release down the road. Seems like a waste since all you really need is 1 more curve and 1 more straight piece to do more of a complete scene as they show it. But, really, if someone wanted to do it right I think you would need 4 sets in order to get more straight pieces and more center pieces to make it more like the movie.

It would be nice if Hasbro would give us a break and simply make an expansion pack with just the dio pieces instead of making people buy duplicate figures that people only need 1 of.
cropped-mec-21.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
That price seems ridiculous when you compare it to what we got with Endor last year. And it takes guts to repack a figure that was an exclusive and a general release three times already. Who doesn’t have a Ben Kenobi at this point?

I’d almost wished they just sold the bar and gave us Wuher or the Mandalorian droid bartender and that was it and leave the other two for their main line release.

Reaction score
Overkill on Old Ben, yes, but at least it's another Jedi cloak to give to another figure.

Ponda Baba is not warming up for me, and I don't care about the horsehoof/flipper hands as a premium.

Evazan is meaningless if Ponda Baba is poorly executed. It's like just having the cookie part of the Oreo.

The bar and distiller are intriguing, but if I understand correctly we'll need to buy an additional yet-to-be announced item to make a full diorama (not two of this particular one, as the part that is included here wouldn't mirror itself).

Never mind, I realized the segments included could mirror.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That price seems ridiculous when you compare it to what we got with Endor last year. And it takes guts to repack a figure that was an exclusive and a general release three times already. Who doesn’t have a Ben Kenobi at this point?

I’d almost wished they just sold the bar and gave us Wuher or the Mandalorian droid bartender and that was it and leave the other two for their main line release.
And how many Yavin Lukes pegwarmed since it was part of an exclusive and regular release.

Reaction score

Amen. Kenobi had the Tatooine sdcc set, the reg red box release, the 40th vintage card release, the Kenner vintage card, and now this. That’s 5 times. C’mon Hasbro really?

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
The bar and distiller are intriguing, but if I understand correctly we'll need to buy an additional yet-to-be announced item to make a full diorama (not two of this particular one, as the part that is included here wouldn't mirror itself).
It looks to me to be a straight section and a curved section are included, which would allow the full bar counter in the press pics if you get two sets.