Canadian sources?

Reaction score
Morning all! Im guessing I may not get much of a response posting in this forum judging by the number of threads in it lol. But it must be the most appropriate place. If I don't get any comments I'll try a different forum.

Like everyone else on here I'm a star wars nut....addict really. Funds are tight for me these days but that doesn't stop the "incurable collector" in me (Love that show!). I have collected SW on and off for decades; however it has always resulted in liquidation to pay for my wife's reckless spending habbits (yah I know; I'm a lucky guy!).....

Late last year I stumbled upon the the "savestarwars" website; which in turn led me to RS. I was aware of a lot of the content on "savestarwars" especially after having seen "The People vs. George Lucas" a few years back; but reading the articles on that site really lit the fire under me to do my part as a life long star wars fanatic to fight the injustice of the surpression of the theatrical OT....sounds silly I know but everyone needs a hobby (especially SW collectors!).

I already had numerous editions of the OT on VHS, CED, Laserdisc, DVD, and Blu-ray. I might get some backlash from other RS members for this next comment but; I am proud to say I don't own a single copy of the Prequal films; personally I find them offensive and insulting but that's just me. For whatever reason I decided that this years "collecting project" (changes every year for me) would be Star Wars OT media; as in films and soundtracks on all formats. I have been having a great time with this; not only because I am a SW nut but also because I am a cinefile and have collected films for years; I love obsolete home video and audio formats! I am also including SW cartridge video games in my media collection.

Beeing short of funds, collecting the films and soundtracks (and games), is relatively affordable, although obtaining the obsolete rarities can really hurt the wallet; especially these last several months with the constant decline of the CDN dollar. I regularly scour the web for Canadian sources and I have sent out quite a few emails to potential sellers and businesses but almost never get any responce. Obviousely I have been using eBay quite a bit but 70% of my purchases remain US in origin (20% Canadian, 5%UK, 5% Japan). The exchange rates with the USA and the totally insane costs of international shipping (which I understand we all suffer from) is really starting to get to me lol. A $10 laserdisc or LP from a US source ends up costing me $50 by the time the shipping costs and import duties are covered.....I have no problem paying for shipping and handling but some times I feel like I'm just throwing money away and this has got to change. I refuse to beleive I can't find what I'm looking for in Canada!

My SW OT film collection on all 9 avilable formats is nearing completion; the majority of what I am missing are pre-SE laserdiscs.....(also still need; NH 1982 Library Editions on VHS & Betamax, 1992 trillogy VHS letterbox set, NH 1983 on VHD, and 8 out of 10 North American Super-8 digests).

My soundtrack collection will take time and is FAR from complete; there is so much SW vinyl out there I imagine it will never be a complete collection. I have been also adding reel-to-reel, 4-tracks, 8-tracks, and cassettes as I come accross them (and the occasional CD); and sooner or later I'l find that elusive player-piano roll!

Catridge games I am having a hard time with and have only added 8 to my collection so far. I am only adding games that are complete in the box (but they don't need to be sealed). My cut-off point for games is 5th generation (N64). There has got to be millions of SW Atari/Intellivision/Colecovision, Nintendo NES/SNES/N64, Sega - Master/Genesis/GameGear cartridges sitting on store shelves in this country but I can't seem to find them LOL!

I understand some may be reluctant to give-up their Canadian SW honey holes but I am looking for good reliable sources in Canada for SW laserdiscs, LP's and vintage cartridge games; businesses that have no issue with doing mail orders in Canada (I'm in Ottawa). If you have a source to share with me I would welcome your input!

Thanks & Cheers!

Reaction score
best of luck on your hunt.

your collection focus is a tough one. your local craigslist or kijiji might bring some luck. unfortunately there aren't too many sites devoted to rare star wars movies, video games, records etc.

You might have some luck on snowtroopers.ca as well.