Canadian collectors info and help thread

Reaction score
I want to try and get an idea of how many Canadian collectors actually use this site as a vector for improving their collections. I have heard Snowtroopers mentioned but I don't belong to that site. I take it there are many that will visit and not post on Rebelscum as well.

I was thinking about making this a weekly updated thing where myself and other memebers could post finds and locations to help our fellow Canadian scummers. Maybe even help each other out now and then. I frequent many Walmarts and Toys R Us's in a weekly period that this could save some of you a lot of needless driving.

I will get this started:

Toys R Us Langley BC, plenty of saga legends and clone wars, no new Vintage.

Toys R Us Coquitlam BC, Endor sets a plenty, lots of Clone wars and legends figures.

Zellers Langley, nothing new, some Genosis 2 packs still around and Vintage packaged Snowspeeders.

Lets see what you guys in other provinces can come up with. I am open to PM's too if anybody needs something I will do what I can to help, always open to trades.

Reaction score
always great to help each other out. I would suggest joining snowtroopers as well - great bunch of guys, if I do say so myself

Reaction score
I'm all for helping fellow Canucks. I live in Winnipeg, MB. Most Wal-marts have Jabba, Tie-Bombers and Jedi Fighters on sale for $20. Vintage figs are scant - just peg warmers from ESB. Lots of Clone Wars and Saga Legends. Any other 'Peggers here?

Reaction score
Right on man
. You've pretty well resurrected the old Canadian Finds thread which I missed greatly. It was nice talking to people in the area
. I'll post what I've found and where I found it. Unfortunately I think most of the stores around me are trying to sell through their pre-Christmas stock because I haven't seen anything new in quite some time. One local W-M has maybe 10 CW figures but it does have a bunch of Jabba's thrones and Tie bombers which I'm hoping will go on sale soon. If and when they do go on sale I'll pass it on.
Great thread dude
Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi,

I'll chime in from the East Coast. I just checked the TRU and four Walmarts in the Halifax, Nova Scotia area and nothing new...just Clone Wars, Tie Bombers, Jabba's Throne etc. If I see the Vintage Collection ROTJ wave show up I'll be sure to post. It is nice to see what is for sale in other parts of Canada, because it gives me some idea of when things will become available here. Excellent thread.

Reaction score
Now were rolling, nice to know the trends seem to be nationwide with whats arriving and whats still sitting on the shelves.

Thanks for all the replys by the way, lets try and keep this going.

I will try and make weekly updates, please feel free to keep this thread current along with me, its great to know whats hitting where and when.

Where's all my fellow BC scummers? I know you guys are out there, whats showing up in the City(Vancouver) and on the island? How's about he Interior?

Are there any collectors in Saskatchewan out there?

Reaction score
I didn't do a toy run today as the roads a bit too greasy and the storm hasn't even started yet
. We're just getting lake affect right now. You should hear our local T.V. station. They make it sound like it's Armageddon or we've never had snow before
. Geesh!! As soon as I get a chance after snowmageddon I'll do my run

Reaction score
lol, I completely agree. the weather coverage is silly. I guess there isn't much else going on in the world...oh wait

Reaction score
Ok, so the ROTJ wave has shown up in BC(not near me though)parts of Ontario and Quebec,can anybody else confirm if these are hitting other provinces.

Checked my local TRU and nothing still, Walmart is empty too.

Reaction score
Hit Walmart in Whiterock today, no sign of the new vintage, still plenty of Jabbas and Tie Bombers, not many figures in stock though.

Good score in NS
thanks for the update.

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on the Dartmouth TRU. I checked it out, but there wasn't a single figure left. I asked one of the employees and he said there were five or six cases put out, but everything went. They don't know when to expect more. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait for Walmart.

Reaction score
wow thats crazy!!! There was at least 3-4 pegs filled with figures when i was there! Start checking walmarts i was there today and they were restocked with the older waves!

Reaction score
Hey langley if u dont mind paying 15 a figure the monster comic lounge on gottagen st has a bunch of atoc figures cheers!

Reaction score
Hey,

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check it out. They must have just gotten some in. I was in last week for the first time. I've been working in Halifax for 20 years and didn't even know the shop was there until a week ago. Cheers.

Scott

Reaction score
Toys R Us is having a buy one get one for $1 sale on star wars figures starting today.

Reaction score
TRU is also having a buy 1 get 1 half price sale. I just found both Battle Over Endor packs and got one for half price
. Saving money is fun
. Especially with ALL the stuff that I have/had on pre-order either here or on it's way
. It's Star Wars Christmas in February.

Reaction score
Found some of the ROTJ wave at the Langley TRU,
also found the whole AOTC wave in Langley at Toy Traders. Will have to check around for the elusive ROTJ figures in other stores this weekend.

Reaction score
I found a couple ROTJ wave. I managed to get R2 and Wooof. Not bad I guess concidering I wasn't on a run I just happened into them.

Reaction score
I keep finding plenty of Wooof and Ackbar, one Gamorrean and no Wicket yet
Somebody keeps getting there just before me, I'm sure of it.

Hopefully this weekend is productive.

A friend of mine found the ROTJ wave in Edmonton, Alberta too

Reaction score
check your zellers for clearenced items, my zellers had most of its starr wars on clearence, vintage boxed vehicles were only 11.99$

I picked up a snowspeeder and two tie fighters for a grand total of $40 bucks, this is officially the first time i caught a break while collecting

Reaction score
If any of you guys collect SW Lego Wal-Mart has the Midi-Scale Star Destroyer(8099) on for $15. I thing it originally retailed at $45.

Reaction score
Found some AOTC figures at Sears of all places today, anybody else seeing these in the wild? I hope this is not a sign that we are going to be short shipped in the ROTJ wave.

I am looking for a Wicket figure still, anybody pick up an extra for trade or sale?

Reaction score
If you are in the Toronto - Hamilton area:

Burlington Toy & Collectibles Show
Sunday March 6
Burlington Holiday Inn 3063 South Service Rd. (QEW & Guelph Line)
Hours: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Admission: $3 per person

Reaction score
I've been to that show a few times. Definately worth the trip.
I was at a local Walmart yesterday and picked up the Jedi Turbo Speeder. Pretty slick vehicle.

Reaction score
Toy Traders in Langley has all of Wave 5 Vintage in stock.

Toys R Us has some ROTJ vintage still showing up, Sumas Zellers has 2 Defense of Hoth sets on sale and most vehicles as well, some snow speeders still left.

Anyone else seeing anything new in BC or the other provinces?

Reaction score
Found all of wave 6 in Toy Traders this weekend, checked out some local Toys R Us and Walmarts but nothing new.

Come on guys, this thread needs your input, please take the time to help out our other Canadian scummers in your local areas.

I have a Vintage collection Lando Calrissian in General outfit for trade for a Wicket or Gamorrean guard, PM if interested.

Reaction score
Hi,

Finally there is something new in Halifax. I saw a few of the Vintage Collection ROTJ wave in the Mumford WalMart. There were only Luke, R2 and Ackbar left, but this WalMart is usually the first to put out new figures so the rest should soon be following suit. Good hunting.

Scott

Reaction score
Bonjour/HI!

i am not sure that i am at the right place but any help would be appreciate. I live in Québec and i decide to sell my collection. I have many figures since potj to ROTS and them some. many ships alos. i don,t want to use ebay. What do you suggest??? thankx

Reaction score
you won't get much on ebay and the fees will kill you. You can try posting here or snowtroopers.ca

best of luck.

Reaction score
Has anyone found any Gam guards or Wicket figures yet?? Ive been checking around kelowna/westbank with no luck whatsoever.

Reaction score
Is there a special thread for selling my collection... and i have to admit i don,t have a clue how much it worth but it has to go...
and yes i found wicket and gam guard... i have them in my collection to sell

Reaction score
mikeo187 said:
Has anyone found any Gam guards or Wicket figures yet?? Ive been checking around kelowna/westbank with no luck whatsoever.
Hey, it's great to see another member from Kelowna! I lucked out and found both of those figures at TRU, but that was back in mid February. WM received the ROTJ wave too a couple weeks ago. Of course, both stores don't have much at all now.

Reaction score
DJ_R2D2 said:
Is there a special thread for selling my collection... and i have to admit i don,t have a clue how much it worth but it has to go...
You could start a new thread in here and list what you've got, maybe we could help you figure out some prices. Or just head to the Modern Classifieds section and list them there (but they do require prices listed there).

Reaction score
yeah, just check the sales threads here for an idea on prices. if you have something unique / more valuable, do a "completed auctions" search on ebay.

Reaction score
Hi,

Just a quick update from Halifax, Nova Scotia. There is a complete set of the ROTJ wave left at the Wal-Mart in Bayers Lake (as of 2 pm today at least). This includes the Gamorrean Guard and Wicket. Some of the bubbles were crushed, but they would be good for openers. From what I could tell, it looks like two cases were put out shortly before I got there. I haven't been to the Darthmouth or Bedford stores, but I suspect the other Wal-Marts will follow suit. Enjoy the search.

Reaction score
I got out from under the snow yesterday and a local ON Wal-Mart had the ROTJ wave. Managed to get another Gam guard
. Not really into CW stuff but I did get Cad Bane w/TODO. The new Cad seems to be in more realistic proportions than earlier versions. I could probably fit Cad in a cantina or Jabba dio without it looking odd.