Calling attention to Connecticut collectors

Reaction score
There is a current post asking about our dream pieces and it got me thinking .

I know this is an absolute longshot with zero probability however, if I dont ask, it will certainly not happen.

My dream pieces answer was ANY ONE FIGURE FROM MY CHILDHOOD.

So, I do know there are a handful of collectors here from the New Haven area. In the late 80s my step dad and mother held a garage sale and sold off typical items along with some of our old toys. I was around 17 and didn't care like most teenagers. The house was actually in East Haven (Staven) near the High School.

Figures would have been GI Joe and a pretty small assortment of Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back figures. A broken vader tie, sandspeeder, and repaired x wing. I would love to get my hands on just 1 figure.

Again, I know this isn't going to give results but atleast I can say I tried.

Reaction score
Include a photo of the garage to jog people's memories.
Can't, I moved away from that house to Florida 27 years ago.

All I can say it the house was on the corner of Taylor ave and Main street East Haven . Same street that ran into the old High School.

At that time, the house was a tan color with detached garage at the end of the driveway . There was also a church called ST. Vincent's and a day care to the left of the house. It was all church property. My mom rented there for over years .

The address is
90 Taylor ave, east haven ct 06512

Last edited:
Reaction score
The figures I remember having in star wars were, luke, ben, vader, 3po, r2, a few stormtroopers, x wing luke, bossk, hammer head, tusken raider, r5,han and chewie. I know I had a few more but not too many.
Gi joe , cobra commander, zap, snake eyes, scarlett, ranger, .rock n roll, snow job, doc, torpedo and a few others. Up to 1984 tops.

I know for sure the Joe's were damaged, in fact I remember melting a Joe's foot on a light bulb. Seriously doubt any figures still had weapons besides the sabers . And all were well played with.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I cannot imagine intentionally melting a toy. I still haven’t forgiven my dad for the terrible advice that I (as a 4 year old) customize toys with Testors model paint. Spoiler alert, I was 4, I just forked the toys up.

Reaction score
I remember melting the imitation pine needles from our artificial Christmas Tree on those big bulb Christmas lights.

Reaction score
I long for this to have a happy ending! I live(d) in south western CT and trolled garage sales all over the county but that wouldn’t have been until the early ‘90s maybe ‘89.

I was only 8 when I started ‘collecting’ Star Wars but my dad has always been a serious collector of other things. I guess he knew collecting would run strong in our family because he kept fantastic notes of all our tag sale Star Wars finds. I did double check that list and it seems we never made it up New Haven way. Don’t loose hope! We are a crazy bunch!

Reaction score
...then get my friend with a CT shipping address to list them on eBay as something he bought at a garage sale in the 80's.
Hah! Wanna be friends?

I think I posted to stay honest. I actually have several figures I got at a garage sales across CT in the 90s. But they aren't these. And if you're the guy who sold me that TIE Interceptor for $0.60 in 1992 it wasn't really me. ;)

Reaction score
Hah! Wanna be friends?

I think I posted to stay honest. I actually have several figures I got at a garage sales across CT in the 90s. But they aren't these. And if you're the guy who sold me that TIE Interceptor for $0.60 in 1992 it wasn't really me. ;)
Sounds like a step father price lol. But I never owned the interceptor