Calling attention to Connecticut collectors

Reaction score
There is a current post asking about our dream pieces and it got me thinking .

I know this is an absolute longshot with zero probability however, if I dont ask, it will certainly not happen.

My dream pieces answer was ANY ONE FIGURE FROM MY CHILDHOOD.

So, I do know there are a handful of collectors here from the New Haven area. In the late 80s my step dad and mother held a garage sale and sold off typical items along with some of our old toys. I was around 17 and didn't care like most teenagers. The house was actually in East Haven (Staven) near the High School.

Figures would have been GI Joe and a pretty small assortment of Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back figures. A broken vader tie, sandspeeder, and repaired x wing. I would love to get my hands on just 1 figure.

Again, I know this isn't going to give results but atleast I can say I tried.

Reaction score
Include a photo of the garage to jog people's memories.
Can't, I moved away from that house to Florida 27 years ago.

All I can say it the house was on the corner of Taylor ave and Main street East Haven . Same street that ran into the old High School.

At that time, the house was a tan color with detached garage at the end of the driveway . There was also a church called ST. Vincent's and a day care to the left of the house. It was all church property. My mom rented there for over years .

The address is
90 Taylor ave, east haven ct 06512

Last edited:
Reaction score
The figures I remember having in star wars were, luke, ben, vader, 3po, r2, a few stormtroopers, x wing luke, bossk, hammer head, tusken raider, r5,han and chewie. I know I had a few more but not too many.
Gi joe , cobra commander, zap, snake eyes, scarlett, ranger, .rock n roll, snow job, doc, torpedo and a few others. Up to 1984 tops.

I know for sure the Joe's were damaged, in fact I remember melting a Joe's foot on a light bulb. Seriously doubt any figures still had weapons besides the sabers . And all were well played with.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I cannot imagine intentionally melting a toy. I still haven’t forgiven my dad for the terrible advice that I (as a 4 year old) customize toys with Testors model paint. Spoiler alert, I was 4, I just forked the toys up.

Reaction score
I remember melting the imitation pine needles from our artificial Christmas Tree on those big bulb Christmas lights.

Reaction score
I long for this to have a happy ending! I live(d) in south western CT and trolled garage sales all over the county but that wouldn’t have been until the early ‘90s maybe ‘89.

I was only 8 when I started ‘collecting’ Star Wars but my dad has always been a serious collector of other things. I guess he knew collecting would run strong in our family because he kept fantastic notes of all our tag sale Star Wars finds. I did double check that list and it seems we never made it up New Haven way. Don’t loose hope! We are a crazy bunch!

Reaction score
...then get my friend with a CT shipping address to list them on eBay as something he bought at a garage sale in the 80's.
Hah! Wanna be friends?

I think I posted to stay honest. I actually have several figures I got at a garage sales across CT in the 90s. But they aren't these. And if you're the guy who sold me that TIE Interceptor for $0.60 in 1992 it wasn't really me. ;)

Reaction score
Hah! Wanna be friends?

I think I posted to stay honest. I actually have several figures I got at a garage sales across CT in the 90s. But they aren't these. And if you're the guy who sold me that TIE Interceptor for $0.60 in 1992 it wasn't really me. ;)
Sounds like a step father price lol. But I never owned the interceptor

Reaction score
Hi. I live in the New Haven area. I don't have your toys though. What I do have is easy access to the best pizza in the world. But, you probably knew that already. :)
Best of luck in your search.

Also the best burgers and arguably the best dinosaur museum (once it reopens, it began a 3 year renovation).

Reaction score
I'm going to visit next month. Yes,best pizza and burgers as well. 28 years in Florida and still miss the food

Believe it or not, Wawa is back and all over my area here in Florida

Reaction score
Also the best burgers and arguably the best dinosaur museum (once it reopens, it began a 3 year renovation).
I'm going to visit next month. Yes,best pizza and burgers as well. 28 years in Florida and still miss the food

Believe it or not, Wawa is back and all over my area here in Florida

The first burger in the US @ Louis' Lunch was a blast when I rolled through CT. Amazing that they can still use the same burners from back in the "carriage stop" days. Yes, that's right boys and girls. Before we had cars in the US, we had hamburgers. My wife still talks about how good that burger was. I agree.